The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I brought "East of Eden" on Amazon and it arrived without the booklet, so I e mailed to Intrada and ask for buying only the cover. You know what? They told me they have a sparer cover booklet, and they will mail it to me for free! I love Intrada!

Doug Fake has given a small clue - the Universal title from the 80's is of the action adventure variety:

We'll have two new CDs to offer on Tuesday, June 8. They'll be posted for ordering Monday evening (June 7). I'm happy to say our latest CD courtesy Universal is an action adventure score I loved in the 1980's and really hoped for an album at the time. It wasn't to be. But hope springs eternal as they say. Now we finally have that album! Our other release presents an obscure score by a reasonably prolific composer that I'm trying to convince listeners is worthy of attention. I'm a fan for sure.

Well that narrows it down to a 100 or so films. :lol:

I wonder if it's something that people will know instantly due to the lack of real clues from Roger. I believe all the sound clips were from Mr. Atlas.

There definitely were not even close to 100 action/adventure films made by Universal in the 1980's that never had a score OST.

People on the Intrada boards and the FSM boards are fairly confident that it is Brian May's Cloak and Dagger.

Yes, all posted clips were from Mr. Atlas

Doug Fake has given a small clue - the Universal title from the 80's is of the action adventure variety:

We'll have two new CDs to offer on Tuesday, June 8. They'll be posted for ordering Monday evening (June 7). I'm happy to say our latest CD courtesy Universal is an action adventure score I loved in the 1980's and really hoped for an album at the time. It wasn't to be. But hope springs eternal as they say. Now we finally have that album! Our other release presents an obscure score by a reasonably prolific composer that I'm trying to convince listeners is worthy of attention. I'm a fan for sure.

Were it the 90s, I'd be mega excited, but the 80s is still curious, and it's a good genre for an interesting score.

We've been getting 1990's scores at a pretty steady pace lately! We can't ask for much more at this point in our soundtrack collecting lives, other than Lucasfilm and Warner Brothers letting the small labels do all those epic John Williams scores properly

Oh, me neither, not at all. It's just that it's clear that the nostalgia factor for the soundtrack label producers (besides LLL) lies a bit earlier than mine, and I just wondered how long it'll take for people from my generation to start with an own label. But I've already seen some things I thought I'd never see (The Fugitive!), so no complaining here.

There definitely were not even close to 100 action/adventure films made by Universal in the 1980's that never had a score OST.

People on the Intrada boards and the FSM boards are fairly confident that it is Brian May's Cloak and Dagger.

Yes, all posted clips were from Mr. Atlas

How do they randomly guess a title like Cloak and Dagger? Inside info there surely?

Anyway, those are indeed tonight's releases. I'm listening to the samples of Mr. Atlas, but it's likely to be a pass.

There were no clues whatsoever.

I wouldn't have even guessed the second title because I had no knowledge of the music, although now that they have posted the title with the description I do remember this film.

This is probably one of the few cases where someone went with an action / adventure film and got lucky.

I remember Cloak and Dagger's score as being very fun, and somewhat "Spielbergian". I may just get this one based on my memory of the film.

Mr Atlas is actually quite good, and it's from my period.

Since it's only 1000 units I may have to give this one some serious consideration tonight ;)

Edit - Ok, I'm really tempted by this... and I've been looking for something to partner JAG with.

Ordered Mr. Atlas too.

I wasn't impressed by Roger's clip initially, but it's much better in context. Just on the edge of my classical boundaries, there's something about it that makes me want to hear more.

Plus I'm not entirely convinced yet by Speed 2 (if that is indeed one of LLL's releases), so this is my chance to get on the LE bandwagon this month :P

Ordered Mr. Atlas。As for May's score, the sound clips sounds great as well, too bad I have no more money for this, as well as Outland. I will get these two next month, if they are remain available.

I ordered Mr. Atlas and Cloak and Dagger tonight, as well as Henry Mancini's Silver Streak. Track 22 on Mr. Atlas is amazing, and Silver Streak sounded like good ol' Mancini, much in the style of Great Mouse Detective IMO.

Once that clue about the 80s Universal title was posted, I figured it would be Cloak and Dagger. It's a title that I knew was a holy grail of Roger Feigelson's for quite some time.

I ordered both. Cloak and Dagger because of nostalgia and a memory of the fun score. Mr. Atlas because I totally and admittedly got swept up in the sample hoopla. I'm weak. :P

According to Intrada's messageboard, they aren't doing any releases on June 22nd. It remains to be seen if the next batch will come out June 29th or July 6th (I'd guess the former)

Probably just because there are 3 Tuesdays in June, so they are doing the 29th instead of 22nd.

That way the following batch can be July 13th instead of right after the holidays on July 6th

OR, they just don't have anything ready to release at this point in time.

Where does Roger specifically say they aren't doing any June 22nd releases? He might be pulling our leg for all we know.

Would he really post a "Clues for June 22nd" thread if he was joking?

That's all it is though, just an implication, not actual confirmation that it isn't happening. It looks like that's what all the fans are saying, anyhow.

Regardless, if there are any June 22nd titles, that's great. If not, that's also great. My wallet could use a break.

Roger Feigelson posted:

There are no releases for June 22.

I guess I was wrong after all. My apologies.

On the other hand, my wallet needs a much-deserved rest!

Top news: Sale at Intrada next week in lieu of new titles. In other news, my credit card was found earlier shaking in a corner shouting 'NO MORE, NO MORE!'

6/15/10

We know you have choices. Lots of them. New CDs coming out your ears, so to speak. To this end, we're offering a tiny respite from our normal releasing pattern, albeit just a brief one. To help you get some things you may not have been able to acquire yet, and to help us make room for a whole lot of stuff coming in, we're extending to you a special one-week-only sale on some of our limited edition titles that currently remain in supply in our warehouse. We'll post the titles and begin shipping orders on Tuesday, June 22, just as we normally would have done with our next set of new releases. For the following seven days, you may enjoy the special savings. After one week, prices go back to normal without exceptions... and hopefully we'll have made some more room for the ever-growing batches of incoming stuff. Hopefully you'll find some titles of interest, too!

Yeah I might pick up Amazing Stories 2 to complete the collection, though funds are low. But now would be the time of course.

They are definitely worth it, especially for "The Mission" by John Williams. Its as good as any of his best film scores

Rule #1 of being a soundtrack fanatic... never count on your wallet taking a break. Ever. ;)

I was seriously hoping that The Edge and Speed 2 would be my last purchases until the end of my holidays next month. Darn it anyway!