The JWFan.net Movie Club

As you might have read, Koray came up with the not too shabby idea of starting a JWFan.net Movie Club, in which we decide each week what film we will collectively watch.

So, here is the official (or: OFFICIAL) JWFan.net Movie Club thread.

This is where the new movie will be decided each week (suggestions are welcome of course). The new movie will be posted in the Topic Description. You can also post your reviews of the week's film here.

At the end of each week, there will also be a chat session where we can come together to discuss. What better excuse to reinstate the old chat times, eh?

So, for this week, your first movie to watch will be Steven Spielberg's 1975 film Jaws.

Get in that fresh view and enlighten us with your opinions and discussions. Chat sessions will be held each Friday starting at 5pm EST.

See you there!

- Marc

EDIT:

Alright then, so here's a change of plans:

New movies will no longer be announced weekly, but bi-weekly.

The Friday night chat remains, but is no longer designated for the Movie Club, since that never really took off anyway.

So, the new movie is The Iron Giant (Brad Bird, 1999).

The next one will be announced on Saturday August 22nd.

Post your thoughts and reviews here!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who not at the regular Fridaynight chatsessions many years ago.

It was maddening at times, multiple conversations carried out at once, between multiple members, for many many hours.

It wasn't untill I started drinking that I would feel such sensations again. The dizziness, the confusion, the headache the next morning, with the blurred memory.

It did give me a few good friends though.

Of course the Membership was a far better class of person then what hangs around here these days!

SLACK-JAWED-SLACKERS!

prinback.jpg

I second this for the next movie!

Like this? :mellow:

BTTF2SC.jpg

I prefer Part I over Part II, but yeah, any one of them would work. For that matter, how about discussing the trilogy as a whole?;)

Film goes into discussion . . . discussion goes into the chat room . . . members in the chat room. . . .

Farewell and adieu t'my fair Spanish ladies. . . . farewell and adieu t'my ladies of Spain. . . . :mellow:

- Uni

Chats on oscar night are memorable... and I'm always labelled crazy for staying up till 5am ;)

And somehow I feel these chats won't stay within the nominated films for long. But I'll re-watch Jaws if I can tear myself away from organising music for a few hours.

I'm probably not going to be there. Firstly, I've seen Jaws too many times recently (HBO) and don't really want to pop in the DVD and watch it again. Secondly, I might be busy 5pm on Friday.

Be there, or be square.

I'm probably not going to be there. Firstly, I've seen Jaws too many times recently (HBO) and don't really want to pop in the DVD and watch it again. Secondly, I might be busy 5pm on Friday.

If you've seen it that many times recently, you're probably already set for the discussion. ;)

I won't even be able to watch it. I left my copy of Jaws at home.

- Marc, who did watch Back to the Future last week and is actually planning to watch Back to the Future part II next. :P

The first one to mention Zimmer gets shot!

Itching to say it

Does this mean I have to watch Jaws again tonight? Oh go on then...

You're gonna need a cleaner cap

John and I are gonna come a riding, a whompin and stompin.

We're gonna shoot up the place in true Texas style....Yeeeehaaaaaa!!!!!