Spartacus Anniversary Edition

Joe Brausam

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine the next batch will be announced right before Ubeda.

Although I think there is a strong possibility Spartacus might be a regular release, or if it is a club release it will be alone, like the Goldsmith Box.

What I wonder though is if this will just be an announcement/preorder. Because didn't Townson say that he would continue working on his 1000th when he returned from Ubeda?

• 1 month later...

It's a good feeling to see your thread being popular months after its creation. Imagine the pride of whoever made "What's the Last Film You Watched Part I!"

I think all Spartacus discussion should be in this thread, not the Varese thread

I was wondering why the new clues were being posted there instead of here

Holy fuck. I want it, but I never thought it'd cost this much. It also gave me false hope that JW did a variation when they listed his name under composers involved. It sounds pretty damn impressive, but argh the money!!!

I highly doubt it. I can pretty much guarantee you they won't be. I mean, if FSM didn't package JW's Superman separately from the Blue Box, why would Varese do so for those 2 discs?

August is going to be a VERY expensive month for me. Probably this, the complete Lost series on Blu, followed by some very expensive months in terms of gaming. Oh boy, not to mention my probable trip to LA at the end of July. Ayyyyyy!!!!

Still, think about it logically. It's the most elaborate set in the history of film music. Why take it apart? I can understand not being able to afford the whole thing financially, but I think you would have to like the original music in the first place in order to like the composer interpretations. Doesn't really make sense just wanting those other arrangements. If John Williams wrote an arrangement of Zimmer's Pirates theme, that doesn't really make the music "better" does it? :lol:

Either way, I ordered it. If I decide to cut it loose come August, I can always cancel the order.

Still, think about it logically. It's the most elaborate set in the history of film music. Why take it apart? I can understand not being able to afford the whole thing financially, but I think you would have to like the original music in the first place in order to like the composer interpretations. Doesn't really make sense just wanting those other arrangements. If John Williams wrote an arrangement of Zimmer's Pirates theme, that doesn't really make the music "better" does it? :lol:

Oh, I like the music, I'm just not really sure if I like it enough at this point to pay 150 dollars for it.

Oh, my... I was sure Varèse would release a Super-Deluxe Edition, but this goes beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

The price is surely hard to swallow (I've cut a lot of expenses recently, I need saving some dough), but I need to make an exception for this.

EDIT: Can't afford this right now... at SAE, it's $166 (shipping included), it's just too much for my finances ;)

I hope it will be around for several months, maybe I'll be able to grab a copy in the future (or convince someone to make a present for me :lol:).

I AM SPAR... yikes. :lol:

That's a lot of clams. I was thinking it was gonna be 3-4 discs at $40-$50 bucks.

And wow, the tribute album covers 2 CDs. *drools a little*

The collector in me wants it (boy does he want it). I can spare the money ($121.13 with shipping).

But aside from adoring the love theme, I'm really not all that familiar with the score.

I must contemplate this.

Gulp! Yeah, it's expensive.. but I've bought coffee table books that are that price before. If this is as elaborate as described, it'll be worth it. But I just can't afford it right away. I too expected $50-$70, so while I'm not complaining, I must wait a little bit.

If I were more familiar with the score, perhaps I would share in the "must-have" craze for a set this ambitious and ambitiously expensive. This will require some consideration and research (i.e. rent the movie, maybe win the lottery, etc.). I have a large pile of albums I haven't even taken the shrink wrap from, let alone rip, tag, and listen to. This set is geared towards the collectors and fans, and isn't going anywhere.

Wow....

What a fantastic release. Congrats to Robert Townson and Varese Sarabande on a magnificent release. I did not expect such an elaborate release. I was thinking 3-4 discs in a nice box set.

But I ordered immediately.