The Enterprise in all her forms (space).

JoeinAR

Which is the best looking Starship Enterprise  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best

• The Original Enterprise (TOS)
    • The Redisigned Enterprise (TMP, WOK, SFS)
    • TNG's Enterprise D(TV show and Generations)
    • Enterprise B (Generations)
    • Enterprise C (Yesterdays Enterprise)
    • Enterprise E (FC, Ins., Nem.)
    • Archer's Enterprise (Star Trek Enterprise)
    • 2009 Enterprise (Reboot)

Which is the best looking Enterprise? I've given you all the choices except for Enterprise A, which looks exactly like the redesigned Enterprise, except for the letter.

I all the Enterprises, they are all cool in their own way. But I do believe that in STTMP they achieved Starship perfection with the redesigned Enterprise.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fond of the plastic classic from TOS...

And I think Ryan Church did an unsurprisingly great job of the 2009 redesign...

But it's the Enterprise of the first six films that has to win. It just has to. What a gorgeous model. I recently got to see TWOK in a theater, and I was really struck once again by how marvelous all the footage of the ship is, both the TMP material and the new stuff.

EDIT: Also, let it be known I hate the Enterprise-D.

Generations is a very good movie...until the last 15 minutes.

The D looks beautiful in widescreen, especially with the lighting in its first shots at Amargosa.

Because the TMP one will no doubt win I'll give my vote to the second favorite.

The Enterprise-C

Probably the redesigned Enterprise. But since nobody else will pick it anyway, I'll stick with my honorable vote and pick the C.

Haha we were thinking the same thing.

TMP, the most beautiful spaceship ever to grace any screen.

I beg your pardon good sir, but....

d27deridex.jpg

YOU ARE WRONG!

I disagree. I'd rather have an Enterprise than a Y-Wing or a crummy TIE Fighter. Just having a holodeck is cooler than having a Star Destroyer, which is basically a bunch of corridors, control panels with pointless blinking lights and the Wizard of Oz's holographic head chamber minus the cool flames.

All the spaceships in the Star Wars OT are cooler than the Enterprise

That's like saying Jabba the Hutt is sexier than Princess Leia.

Naboo%20N-1%20Starfighter.jpg

The only thing from Star Wars that can hold a candle to the Enterprise is that Naboo Fighter.

I saw the actual filming spaceship models of Star Wars (in Washington DC) and Star Trek(in Vegas) in 1998

they're gigantic

Yeah, those were used back in the pre-CGI days when the ships still looked good. The Enterprise E still had to be a model when they did First Contact because it takes my breath away like no CGI ship ever could.

For Star Trek, all I've seen in person is the TMP shuttlecraft and a few of the post-TOS TV models (didn't interest me). I did get to see the AT-AT from ROTJ (the one by the Endor landing pad) a few years back, too.

The Star Wars exposition I went to was at the Smithsonian

They were all there. The Imperial Star Destroyer is perhaps the most impressive to see.

This was in the days the SW fever was at the highest . The Special Editions had just been released, I had a paid subscription to The Star Wars Insider ,I was collecting the action figures and the hype for TPM was building

I voted for the Enterprise from ST:TMP. Gorgeous. And let's be honest: Jerry Goldsmith and James Horner get major credit for that.

My second-place vote would probably go to the Enterprise-D. I know people give it shit for its supposed sterility, but I've always thought it looked like a pretty great place to be when on a twenty-year mission.

After that...? TOS, baby; so colorful, so wobbly...

Wait, are we talking interiors, exteriors, or both? I've been assuming we were talking about the exterior, but if we're also including the interior...then I'm not quite so harsh on the Enterprise-D. I think the sets were pretty sweet.

Talking the ships Data, not the interior designs.

I'm surprised there is no love for B, which I think was spectacular on the big screen. Loved the changes to it. Like I said all the ships are nice. Even though I don't care much for Trek 09, I love the Enterprise and the other ships of the fleet, but can't stand the romulan mining ship. Looks like a bunch of sewing needles.

Of those listed E and Archer's are at the bottom.

KM is wrong, no ships in Star Wars compare to the beauty that is the Enterprise, those the original Star Destroyers, Boba Fett's Ship Slave 1, and the Millenium Falcon are all sweet.

The Enterprise is probably more beautiful, yes, although I'd argue that the ships in Star Wars (not all of them, but many) have a certain cool factor that the Enterprise does not muster. They've got different strengths.

The two universes are so different, it's impossible to compare, but both have great designs (even the cloud cars rock).

I'd go for the Constitution refit easily, although my backup would be the E. I always liked the Excelsior though.

I grew up loving the Enterprise refit; I had two models of my own, one of which I lovingly detailed so the individual panels were ever so slightly varied in their grey/silver tinting. It is unquestionably a beautiful ship.

I hated the Enterprise-D when the show first aired. Over the years it grew on me until, by the end of the series, I was fairly enamored with it. It does offer a certain grace and form none of the other ships ever had.

Sorta the same thing with my feelings about the Excelsior class. I didn't care for the right-angle nacelle struts when it first showed up in STIII, nor did I much like the flat back of the secondary hull and the fat "neck" of the saucer support. Yet seeing Sulu fly her into battle didn't hurt its image at all, and by the time Generations had rolled around, I wanted a model of my own. The "winged" additions to either side of the deflector dish completed the design.

Yet I didn't vote for any of these.

Mine is (so far) the sole ballot for the Enterprise-E. I will probably take no end of crap for this, but it's all aesthetic opinion here, so what difference does it make? I think the "aerodynamic" design of the E-E (I know, I know, there's no air in space, so it's not truly aerodynamic--spare me, please), the way it's design incorporates a sense of constant movement and flow even when it's standing still, wafer-thin from one angle, broad and statuesque from another . . . I just think it's a bitchin' look. It's a ship made for exploration and action.

They're all great, though. Seriously. The Enterprise is and will remain the greatest starship design in SF history (and I won't apologize for that opinion, thank you very much. . . .).

- Uni

I don't understand how anyone could like the Enterprise-D. I mean, more power to ya, but I just don't get it. I'm sorry, but that ship just looks so ugly and pathetic to my eye.

The Excelsior, though, I've always liked. I never noticed the right-angled struts before, and now they're bothering me, but the rest of the design is cool.

I've always had a great love for the Refit Enterprise from TMP thru Trek III. Perhaps one of the best miniatures created.

And of course, the TOS Enterprise has always had a place in my heart.

I may be in the minority in that I like the Enterprise from the new movie, but I'm not going to place it in the same category of the TOS Enterprise or the Refit.

I agree about the 2009 Enterprise. I thought it fit the film's approach very well, and there are some really nice shots of it. I just can't bring myself to put it on the same level as the more classic shape of the refit/Enterprise-A.

I agree about the 2009 Enterprise. I thought it fit the film's approach very well, and there are some really nice shots of it.

You just nailed it there. It fit the movie it was in. It was a bit too lumbering a version of the classic refit to be called "beautiful," but it did present itself well as a more workaday, push-it-to-the-limit battleship.

- Uni

I didn't like the new Enterprise. Nothing about it, really. I can't think of a single major Federation ship we saw onscreen in the other Trek shows/movies that I wouldn't prefer to the new version.

I do believe that in STTMP they achieved Starship perfection with the redesigned Enterprise.

I agree, although I do like the Enterprise E and the 2009 version.

The Millenium Falcon is up there with Enterprise.