Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

John Crichton

• 4 months later...

I know, I know, it's been three years, let it go already. Just for fun, though, here's a little experiment I tried. "The Death of Topthorn" from War Horse along with the King's Cross afterlife scene from Deathly Hallows: Part 2. Works pretty well!

• 2 months later...

If it ever leaks at all.

I don't know how the world of film music releases works but it seems to me that there's a lot of money to be made from releasing a complete Star Wars boxset and a complete Harry Potter boxset yet Sony and Warner Bros. seem to have no interest in this money. The Star Wars one I can understand, Lucasfilm may be holding that off until they have the rights to the music back but the Potter one makes no sense. As can be seen from the DVD and Blu-ray releases Warner Bros. have no problem releasing HP material.

It's all Obi-Wan's fault!

This Christmas would be nice. I could deal with that. Even if it ends up being one a year or something that's not too bad as 3 wouldn't be too far away. I don't really care about 5 or 6. I want them but I can definitely wait for them.

We need the trailer version of Hedwig's Theme more than unreleased Azkaban.

SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo disagree.

OK the POA OST has a huge portion of the highlights yea. But DEFINTELY not all!

That HP1 teaser music does indeed need to get out, cause it's really cool and different from the way the theme is used in the rest of the score.

But 2 minutes compared to the 30/40 + missing from HP3 just doesn't compare!

Lots of good stuff missing from PoA. Yes, the grandiose actiony flight stuff is already there, but some of the highlights for me were the quiet bits which unfortunately didn't get released. Pettigrew theme and that lovely part before the apparition on the train are things I would love to see released

and then he woke up and realized he was not the filmmusic fan he should be

Really? See, this is what I'm talking about. All you loons claim Azkaban (and Revenge of the Sith) is Williams' greatest score, E.T. is boring, Superman sucks, etc.

Is it weird for me to think they're all great?

There's one part I completely dislike about the Superman score and it's the-worse-than-Doctor-Who-Krypton-synth-stuff in "The Planet Krypton".

The sound quality on the Rhino CD makes it harder for me to appreciate Superman's score. Are the improvements in the FSM set enough to warrant a purchase?

And on the subject of Harry Potter, has J.K Rollins ever voiced her opinion on Williams' theme or scores?

Lots of good stuff missing from PoA. Yes, the grandiose actiony flight stuff is already there, but some of the highlights for me were the quiet bits which unfortunately didn't get released. Pettigrew theme and that lovely part before the apparition on the train are things I would love to see released

Yeah, for me it would mostly be all those lovely missing statements of the Past theme (Lupin and Harry on the bridge, the Patronus lesson, Harry and Sirius talking outside the Whomping Willow) but also lots of incidental cues like Dumbledore's opening speech, the second part of Hagrid's lesson, the Weasley twins dragging Harry through the snow, the "he was their friend" scene, Harry searching for Pettigrew through the halls at night, the trio heading down to Hagrid's before and after Hermione punches Malfoy, and the entire Shrieking Shack scene. Even the source stuff like The Leaky Cauldron fiddle and "A Winter's Spell" would be nice to have.

The sound quality on the Rhino CD makes it harder for me to appreciate Superman's score. Are the improvements in the FSM set enough to warrant a purchase?

And on the subject of Harry Potter, has J.K Rollins ever voiced her opinion on Williams' theme or scores?

I've never seen her mention it, but l doubt she was anything less than thrilled.

and then he woke up and realized he was not the filmmusic fan he should be

Really? See, this is what I'm talking about. All you loons claim Azkaban (and Revenge of the Sith) is Williams' greatest score, E.T. is boring, Superman sucks, etc.

People in different tastes shocker!

• 5 months later...

I know, I know, it's been three years, let it go already. Just for fun, though, here's a little experiment I tried. "The Death of Topthorn" from War Horse along with the King's Cross afterlife scene from Deathly Hallows: Part 2. Works pretty well!

Made another one :P, in response to all the lame videos out there that just have "Duel of the Fates" pasted over the whole thing.

31 “Harry Potter” Book Scenes We Wish Were In The Movies

Yates is to blame for most of these never being filmed

Still pisses me off 11 years later they didn't explain the origins of the Marauder's map and who Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail, and Prongs are in HP3.

They would have felt out of place because of the way Yates & WB had the screenwriters shape the final films. Everything would have fit in a different kind of film adaptation, though for sure not all of those are essential to have

What bothers me most is that Rowling's humor is pretty much lost in the adaptations. Harry is so wonderfully dry and darkly sarcastic in the novels.