Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

John Crichton

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah, I think so too. The sync was too perfect, though. :P That fight was pretty Tom and Jerry, anyway.

I'm sure all these he would have done differently or left unscored. I guess my point is it at least goes to show a different sensibility lurking in there. More lyrical and colorful, more variety. Yates is a good director but his somber approach to sound and music in combo with the cinematography and acting style on top of it got to be stifling over the course of these things. I enjoy seeing them lighten up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

So Rowling is at it again. This time Donald Trump is worse than Voldemort! Seriously?

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2015/12/08/j-k-rowling-on-trump-voldemort-was-nowhere-near-as-bad/

Would she be able to comment on things without involving HP and does she know Trump isn't a mass murderer... yet? Oh the humiliation.

Trump just suggested that Bill Gates should switch off the Internet in some parts of the world to combat IS. Voldemort never suggested to switch of the Internet, so maybe Rowling was right after all.

Her comments don't even add anything of importance to the discussion and quite frankly they're blatantly wrong too. Donald Trump might have issues, but comparing him to Voldemort is immature and ridiculous.

Her comments don't even add anything of importance to the discussion and quite frankly they're blatantly wrong too. Donald Trump might have issues, but comparing him to Voldemort is immature and ridiculous.

The Internet compared Voldemort to Trump - some sort of dumb list Buzzfeed-ish article somewhere about "Why Donald Trump is Like Voldemort." When somebody asked for Rowling's comment, she said something like "How dare they! (Trump is worse)" - clearly hyperbole for the sake of humor, one offhand tweet, and not actual political commentary.

I'm scarier than Voldemort. I'm real. I can do what I want and even then, I'm a nobody.

Any person with power is scary; they can use their position in any way they want.