Prometheus Announces Conan The Barbarian Complete Score.

Ollie

I'm not going to post the title but it's been leaked the net by a few other people.

But if it turns out to be true there are going to be some very happy people in the film music world.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=3&threadID=72293&archive=0

Also Tadlow plans to record Franz Waxman's Taras Bulba next year.

Once the Tadlow title is announced this will become the official thread if it turns out to be the one.... ROTFLMAO

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it finally be...

*bows head and silently utters*

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is the music. That's what's important! Music pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me the music! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Very nice! Must have had some humongous costs, seeing as 2 outside labels have put into this release. I can't wait!

And Taras Bulba? And likely Quo Vadis (heavily rumored) as well? Awesome! James Fitzpatrick....thank you.

Also, my copy of Lawrence of Arabia finally arrived today!

• 2 weeks later...

I had already started a thread.

As mentioned in the first post I'll change the title of the thread to reflect the actual release when we find out the title. ;)

If Poledouris wrote no such thing I can't see any reason why it would need to be included.

It wouldn't "need" to be included; I'm just saying it would be nice. I know I'm being unreasonably fanciful ;)

This would be a much bigger release than Lawrence.

Read the threads over at FSM. Ford mentions how many copies the original CD has sold for Varese.

This is like a TWOK-type release. Whilst I'm not a big fan of Jarre (man or music), the stuff they've put out previously has been very good from what I've heard (still need to get the Rozsa and Gold), but Conan is a proper holy grail to everyone but Thor.

Yeah this isn't a knock on their recordings, but as far as the actual score goes, a complete recording of Conan would rank alongside El Cid and Sherlock Holmes.

wow conan?

It would be great

the score will really benefit from a more experienced orchestra, and specially, since the master tapes were damaged beyond repair (except all the music that is on the varese disc).

So are they going to re-record the opening narration, too? :ola:

Another thing (and it may have been mentioned before, I could easily have missed it): Will the upcoming announcement announce that this or another score is about to be recorded, or that it has already been recorded and the CD release is imminent?

Perhaps James Fitzpatrick's comments about the Rozsa estate having plans for Quo Vadis mean that Prometheus had asked first.

There is a Facebook page, New Tadlow/Prometheus CD Announcement, that features this quote by someone who worked on the project, and started the page:

My co-worker and myself spent the entire months of May/June sifting, sorting, stitching, re-orchestrating and reconstructing large parts of, what proved to be, a very difficult project.

I believe you have to be logged in to Facebook to see the page.

My co-worker and myself spent the entire months of May/June sifting, sorting, stitching, re-orchestrating and reconstructing large parts of, what proved to be, a very difficult project.

it sounds as if they had to write the score by ear, since no score sheet was available.

does that match with conan?

I have no idea. I don't know what exists of Poledouris' material as far as sketches and actual composer sheets. I can't remember if he had to reconstruct for the Ubeda concert or if he used his original sketches.

You know what would be really funny? Although I doubt the rights would be available...A complete recording of Spartacus. :)

Freaking hilarious, man.

well see tomorrow...cross ingers

Huh, thought we still had another week or two.

Sweet. ;)

I really hope it is Conan, not just because I think it's a great score, but to quiet those who scoff at the notion this is even worthy of a recording.

You know what would be really funny? Although I doubt the rights would be available...A complete recording of Spartacus. :)

Freaking hilarious, man.

And I would buy it even though I have the Varese set.

I'd really like to see someone record the Spartacus album that Goldsmith was slated to record. I don't see what's stopping Varese from finding someone else to helm that project, aside from the new release and perhaps a bit too strong attachment to Goldsmith.

I want it to be Conan. I don't see any reason why this won't be Conan tomorrow, and I won't complain if it is. Just so long as I get Quo Vadis at some point!

If you are talking about the proposed Spartacus recording, the track list is in the book that accompanies the box set. I posted the track listing in the Spartacus thread.

****Edit***

I see you changed your post.

I'm going to go with Conan.

If not our favorite Barbarian then Quo Vadis or the 10 Commandments.