What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

7 minutes ago, SilverTrumpet said:

The long load times disguised by walking stood out way more than the rest of the single player.

Nonsense! 

The loading times are all upfront. All six goddamn minutes of them everytime I wanna play the game. :blink:

I have a good computer that has run more recent and taxing games than BF2, so I have no idea what the deal is.

And while I agree the campaign is as bland as baking powder, I gotta admit...I get such an adolescent kick out of shooting stormtroopers in photorealistic graphics and physics.

It's a good looking and good sounding game, voices aside, that's for sure. 

There's just something missing. Maybe it's the mayhem. Most modern games don't have mayhem like older games. 

Servers are still up for Jedi Academy. There's nothing like booting up a game of that, walking into the main building, and seeing lightsabers just flying across the map at full speed and absolute pandemonium. 

8 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Now bring on Part III already!!

I'm probably on the minority, but if ND decides to make a TLOU sequel, I'd like for it to focus on Lev and Abby. Their ending was pretty open in the 2nd game, while Ellie's major story arc has probably concluded. 

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

I'm probably on the minority, but if ND decides to make a TLOU sequel, I'd like for it to focus on Lev and Abby. Their ending was pretty open in the 2nd game, while Ellie's major story arc has probably concluded. 

I can’t see those characters not being important in a part III but I can’t see them being done with Ellie yet either. Ellie and her immunity is still going to be important I feel. 

There has to be someone to tie a trilogy together and Ellie is the only one who can fulfil that role. 

You could equally say that Abby’s story is just as complete as Ellie’s. 

and maybe Neil Druckman agrees and there won’t be a part 3 or they’ll explore different parts of that world. 

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

Abby was by far the most interesting character, I thought. 

Definitely. They way they unfolded her really rich characterization was absolutely top-notch.

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

To be honest, I can't imagine a plot for a third game. The ending of the second was, well, very definitive, lol. 

The game ends open, not sure what you’re talking about here.

Like all Naughty Dog games, Part II has a self-contained narrative arc with room to continue, if desired. Druckmann already confirmed their next game with either be Part III or something new.

My bet is on a Part III to conclude their involvement with the characters, like they did with Uncharted. 

6 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

The game ends open, not sure what you’re talking about here.

Like all Naughty Dog games, Part II has a self-contained narrative arc with room to continue, if desired. Druckmann already confirmed their next game with either be Part III or something new.

My bet is on a Part III to conclude their involvement with the characters, like they did with Uncharted. 

Hopefully we’ll find out what they’re doing in the near future. The focus is on Factions 2 but hopefully when that gets a release they’ll let us know what they’re doing next. 

It probably won’t come out until the last year of the PS5’s lifecycle anyway :’)

10 hours ago, Bilbo said:

It probably won’t come out until the last year of the PS5’s lifecycle anyway :’)

Yeah, exactly, this is why I'm not holding my breath. They'll take their time to develop it carefully.

I know it's hip to hate on The Last of Us Part II, but I was the one guy who couldn't get more than a few minutes into the first game either. The edgy decisions they make for the story in the second one seems like its not my cup of tea either.

16 minutes ago, SilverTrumpet said:

I was the one guy who couldn't get more than a few minutes into the first game either.

I stopped playing after 3 hours or so because I thought it was boring.  Nothing against the people who love it, it just wasn't my thing

13 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I stopped playing after 3 hours or so because I thought it was boring.  Nothing against the people who love it, it just wasn't my thing

Yeah. I don't hate on people who enjoy it. Bless 'em. It's just not what I want out of a game, which is fine.

Anybody here try PS Remote Play before?

I fiddled with it last night and was blown away by how good it worked

I installed an app called "PS Remote Play" from the Play store on my phone.  Ran that and very easily got my PS4's Dualshock 4 controller connected to my phone via bluetooth - super simple, took 5 seconds.

Then, I told it to connect to my PS4, and it found my PS4 on my home wifi, woke it up for me, and all of a sudden I had its display filling up my phone's screen and it's audio coming out of my earbuds.  I could then just use the controller to launch any game and play it and it worked flawlessly.

Obviously I wouldn't do this to play some game I want to experience on my 4K TV and living room sound setup, but say I wanted to do some grinding in a game, or play through certain games that don't gain as much from that living room experience, it'd be pretty cool.

I don't think the rumble worked at all through this, though; I played some Symphony of the Night and don't think I felt the rumble when getting items like I did when I played it on my TV.  I also checked out the DOOM (2016) demo and saw no lag.

Of course without a connecter to attach the phone to above the controller, it was kind of awkward to watch the screen with it just resting on the bed

Overall, though - pretty cool!

49 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Anyone here play Star Trek Fleet Command on their phone / device?  It would be funny to see a fellow JWFAN'er out among the galaxy :)

No, because while I love Star Trek games, I don't love the JJ-verse enough to play it. 

I used to be a casual fan of the Star Trek gem game but they pulled that. 

The adventure game with John DeLancie as Q did not hold my interest; I generally dislike horizontal phone games. I like one handed vertical games I can play on the toilet. 

On 1/28/2021 at 3:01 PM, Disco Stu said:

I disagree with Disco Stupid 

On 1/28/2021 at 12:58 PM, Jay said:

Anybody here try PS Remote Play before?

I fiddled with it last night and was blown away by how good it worked

I installed an app called "PS Remote Play" from the Play store on my phone.  Ran that and very easily got my PS4's Dualshock 4 controller connected to my phone via bluetooth - super simple, took 5 seconds.

Then, I told it to connect to my PS4, and it found my PS4 on my home wifi, woke it up for me, and all of a sudden I had its display filling up my phone's screen and it's audio coming out of my earbuds.  I could then just use the controller to launch any game and play it and it worked flawlessly.

Thanks for posting about this, I had no idea it existed, and just used it to play my PS4 on the laptop in my room.

Solves my problem of wanting to play the PS4 while others are using the TV!

Right?  I had no idea it existed either until it was discussed on a (Nintendo) podcast I listen to this week.  I was like woah.... and then I was shocked how well it worked when I tried it!

Now I want to get a clip so the screen will be held in place above the controller - probably will pick up this one for 10 bucks:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088BNKVRH/

That information doesn't really add much to the conversation

Have you ever tried it?  If so, share your experience!

Funny, Koray's comment is something Jay would normally say to enter the chat. 

I'm playing a bit of Trover Saves the Universe (in VR but you can play without). From the writers and voices behind Rick and Morty, this is genuinely one of the most amusing video games you could play (depending on your mileage with their brand of humour). It's an old school platformer but with really quite novel narrative ideas. The fourth wall thing plays a significant part in the way the story and gameplay unfolds, and it's all wonderfully bizarre as a result, but it helps that the mechanics themselves are nicely polished and quite fun. 

5bpTdIM.jpg

So I installed this game Sword Art online Alicization Lycoris. I played some previous SAO games and they were interesting. I even watched the first season of the Anime. 

But the game file is 71GB...WTF? I wonder how huge this game is because it's the biggest game file I've seen

7 hours ago, King Mark said:

So I installed this game Sword Art online Alicization Lycoris. I played some previous SAO games and they were interesting. I even watched the first season of the Anime. 

But the game file is 71GB...WTF? I wonder how huge this game is because it's the biggest game file I've seen

The Last of Us Part II and Red Dead 2 are both larger. It’s becoming common now. 

Game file sizes are said to be shrinking somewhat compared to their increasingly bloated previous gen versions due to much faster ram and write speeds on the new systems. 

On 2/8/2021 at 10:01 AM, Koray Savas said:

Those are also giant games from AAA developers. Don’t think Sword Art Online is comparable in that regard. 

Exactly. Plus JRPG's are never that big . Genshin Impact is huge and 23GB in 4KHDR

Anyone besides me not give a care in the world how large a video game download is?  We have uncapped bandwidth and you can always delete old games to make room for new ones so it's literally nothing I ever think about or care about

Oh I absolutely care. I have 3 SSDs in my PC and I am always mindful of where I install and how large the files are. I have 220gb download speed, which is more than enough to download games at speeds which feel convenient, but I still watch my storage. 

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

Anyone besides me not give a care in the world how large a video game download is?  We have uncapped bandwidth and you can always delete old games to make room for new ones so it's literally nothing I ever think about or care about

Internet speed is a big issue for me in rural Ireland. I have no data cap but yeah, it can be slow. I buy physical games but the size of Day 1 patches have gotten ridiculous.