GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Fuck that shit - are those 'character profiles' in competition to see which can squeeze in the most spoilers? I watched about twenty seconds of Joffrey's before looking away. By the time the thing finally airs there'll be nowt left worth watchin'.

I viewed the first full length trailer of a couple of weeks back and that's where I'll leave it.

Thank you Messenger for those videos! They're awesome.

I love Natalie Dormer and her acting seems quite strong here (as expected) but I'm pretty disappointed that they're really deviated from the source depiction of Margarey Tyrell. Where is that sweet-hearted innocent appearance I read about? Here I see one damn clever woman who knows how to play politics. It didn't seem like Margarey was such.

8 new pics from Season 2, and one new poster (Spoiler from season one with this one)

Game-of-Thrones-Season-2-poster.jpg

The King eats, they say, but the Hand takes the shit.

sansa-stark.jpg

Look around you, and take a good whiff. They're all liars here...and every one better than you.

gendry-waters.jpg

Why is it always the innocents who suffer most, when the high lords play your game of thrones?

shae.jpg

If I could pray with my cock, I'd be much more religious.

samwell-tarly.jpg

Ooh, look! I'm a giant, fat, black bird! I'm just missing my third eye...it is known...

varys.jpg

Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less.

arya-stark.jpg

A girl should be bloody too. This is her work.

myrcella-baratheon.jpg

In the game of thrones, even the humblest pieces can have wills of their own. sometimes they refuse to make the moves you've planned for them.

header_164242.jpg

Valar morghulis.

Oh, and I'll raise the bar a bit and post something that the Messenger has either missed, or failed to share :P

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20470532_20578157,00.html?stitched#21133628

The King eats, they say, but the Hand takes the shit.

© George R. R. Martin, 1996 (A Game Of ThronesTM)

All Rights Reserved

Look around you, and take a good whiff. They're all liars here...and every one better than you.

© George R. R. Martin, 1998 (A Clash Of KingsTM)

All Rights Reserved

Why is it always the innocents who suffer most, when the high lords play your game of thrones?

All Rights Reserved

Ooh, look! I'm a giant, fat, black bird! I'm just missing my third eye...it is known...

All Rights Reserved

Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less.

All Rights Reserved

If I could pray with my cock, I'd be much more religious.

© George R. R. Martin, 1996 (A Game Of ThronesTM)

All Rights Reserved

A girl should be bloody too. This is her work.

All Rights Reserved

In the game of thrones, even the humblest pieces can have wills of their own. sometimes they refuse to make the moves you've planned for them.

All Rights Reserved

Valar morghulis.

All Rights Reserved

You don't want this forum to be closed by the FBI, do you??

Well played BloodBoal, well played...

Oh, and I'll raise the bar a bit and post something that the Messenger has either missed, or failed to share :P

http://www.ew.com/ew...itched#21133628

As a matter of fact, I did know about these pics, but I had planned to share them a bit later, since I didn't want to flood the thread with too much new pictures. But apparently, you decided it was funnier for you to ruin my plan. Good job, Merciful One! You want to play the Game Of News, apparently. Beware! When you play the Game Of News, you either win, or... don't win.

You may have the better claim BloodBoal, but I have the bigger army...of pictures ;)

Enticing trailer indeed. And yes the music in the trailers has calmed down. Good thing. I am dreading Djawadi's contributions quite a lot as it is. Margaery Tyrell's character has been somewhat changed if anything can be surmised from the trailers. I am not sure if this is a good thing.

Margaery Tyrell's character has been somewhat changed if anything can be surmised from the trailers. I am not sure if this is a good thing.

Looks like they transformed her in some sort of Angela de la Lombera.

Yeah she definitely reminds me of Tintin's future paramour (when your version of The Adventures of Tintin is shot to replace the current version). She makes Lara Croft look like a fount of chastity and coyness.

Ya, I'm not sure how this will play out. Somehow I knew upon the casting of Natalie Dormer that we wouldn't get the same innocent Margarey :P

So... Where does your allegiance lie?

Let me guess...

The Englishman: Easy one. House Lannister. He's a cunt, and he likes being one!

The Merciful One: Baratheon House. It's always "act first, think later" with him.

The Finnish Boy: House Stark. For him, it's all about being noble, blabediblabedibla... And in the end, he always end up getting fucked.

Shaky Chaac: House Targaeryen. Whenever someone rub him the wrong way, he goes apeshit and starts agressing everyone. I like him for that.

A bit presumptuous are we BloodBoal?

I've always been a follower of Stark, but I know that the Targaryens shall win. Regardless, I shall pledge my allegiance to the North.

And whom do you park your arse alongside, Bastard?

White Walkers for the win.

Seems quite appropriate for you. Mindless zombie without a soul ;)

So... Where does your allegiance lie?

Let me guess...

The Finnish Boy: House Stark. For him, it's all about being noble, blabediblabedibla... And in the end, he always end up getting fucked.

That's not how the game is played. I am waiting for everyone to duke it out first and then murder the winner and take the throne. Easy as that.

So, in the end, you'll just reign over dead people?

Nah. The regular folk remains after those nobles are gone. And peasants and smallfolk always need someone with a firm and steady grip on the power and when everybody else is gone I'll be the logical and only candidate. Noblemen are difficult to rule, peasants are easier. But if they defy me, I'll send the lot of them to Seven Hells. Baelor the Blessed would have done the same.

It certainly looks like the second season is going to be a winner like the previous one. Thanks for all the news Messenger!

A nice recap. Having the producers/writers and the actors comment on the show was a good addition although the most meaningful material came from Benioff and Weiss.

I wish ALF had been more like Game of Thrones. Then it would have been watchable.

Don't feed the Cosman! He's only in here coz there's no action in the other threads. Last time it was the video game thread, where he bit off more than he can chew!

Game of Thrones has been a bigger smash than even The Walking Dead. If it gets cancelled I'll eat my hat.

Testiclicular conversations in Game of Thrones thread. Oddly appropriate. Should get the balls rolling.

Ygritte does not look as ugly as she should. The horror, the horror.

Of course there is no starfish hair-do. This series does not come from the sick and twisted imagination of Peter Jackson. It comes from Martin's sick and twisted imagination where no such monstrosity dwells. Poxy whores, evil and perverse men, malformed children, incestuous women and brutal and scarred, guts spilling, blood drinking warriors yes. But no star fish hair-do. You would have to be pretty evil and deranged to come up with something like that.

The sight of Daenerys never fails to make my gonads go into overdrive.

I am so glad Tamzin Merchant who was supposed to play Daenerys dropped out and Emilia Clarke got the part.

Really? I'm quite the opposite - watching her character grow and develop in season one from delicate little shrinking violet into stern dragoness badass has really endeared her to me. After an admittedly uncertain start, I think Clarke went on to play her beautifully.