Melodies that could have lyrics

indy4

I'd say Horner's theme from Field of Dreams, heard in the cue "Field of Dreams." I always thought it sounded like it could be a song. Try putting the lyrics to "I Saw Three Ships"... for some reason it fits very well.

Can we not just enjoy the music without spewing mindless tripe over the top of it? :yes:

Two days ago, a friend of mine told me "Let's watch 8 Mile, then at least you'll finally hear a good soundtrack."

I'd say Superman March, everytime I hear it i hear " superman!' in the dotted triads (in the intro)

Can we not just enjoy the music without spewing mindless tripe over the top of it? :yes:

I agree, but sometimes they get it right.

John Williams' love theme's from The Towering Inferno have a song like quality.

Long, time ago, far, far away,

Long, time ago, far, far away,

Kiss a Wookiee, kick a droid!

Fly the Falcon through an asteroid!

Till the princess is annoyed!

This is spaceships, It's monsters, It's Star Wars! We Love it!

This is embarassing to admit, but......

When I was a kid I developed lyrics in my head to all the melodies in the Star Wars scores to keep them sorted in my head to more quickly identify which theme was playing... I used to always mix the up, especially cues that blended a lot together like the Dagobah scenes, etc.

The only ones I can remember now are

Han and Leia's Love Theme: "I love you, oh yes I do, I love you, I really do-ooo" :lol:

Princess Leia's Theme: "Prin-cess Lei-a, buns in her-er hair, prin-cess lei-a, buns are in her hair!"

Rebel Alliance Theme: "the rebels, the rebels, the rebels are-a coming!"

Luke's Theme: "Luke, Luke, Lu-uke Sky-Walllk-er, Lu-uke Sky-Walllker, dij-er-e-doo"

Force Theme: "The force, is, mys-ter-i-ous, the force, surrounds us and binds us all"

Yoda's Theme: "Yo-da, Force, Da-go-bah, Yo-da, Force, da-go-bah, Yoda, Force, Dagobah, Dagobah, dagobah, dagobah, dagobah!"

The Imperial March was just "Darth Va-der, Darth Vader, Darth Vader" :lol:

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine was that I would think "Haaar-ry Pot-terrr AND theee Sorcererrr's Stooone" at the end of the movie

We had a thread awhile back where everybody was making up parody lyrics to the Schindler's List theme for some reason and I was remembering mine this morning:

Steven Spielberg called me up

He said "I've made a film"

In the dark I sat there, crying 

Watching all those people dying

At the end I turned to him and said

"Steve...

Someone better needs to score instead"

And...

Steven said "I know but they're all dead"