First Tintin samples appear on German film music site!!

Erik Woods

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave::ola::groupwave:

Samples are here!!!!!!

:jump: :jump:  :jump: :jump: :jump:

:w00t:

:flameblob:

(with apologizes to Erik - the thread title is my own doing)

Weird - the "Capturing Mr. Silk" sample features Haddock's theme at the end.

Clearly that track contains music from at least 2 different portions of the movie, as Tintin hasn't met Haddock yet when they capture silk

Google Translate's translation of the page:

News

4:10:11

The first seconds of the new Williams are here!

The Musica Cinema is very pleased with Sony Music, the exclusive First Listen to John Williams' highly anticipated new film score for The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011) to present.

The dream team of John Williams and Steven Spielberg returns in just over three weeks with their latest strike back: The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011). As a producer on board is the way Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings.

Since 2005, Williams set to music except for Steven Spielberg films any more, which meant that the fans had to settle for almost six years with re-releases and the score of the fourth Indiana Jones movie. That according to the hype surrounding the latest Williams-composition to an action-adventure movie from Spielberg's huge surprise, hardly. If the soundtrack (2011) Secret of the Unicorn to satisfy the enormous expectations?

Here each piece of a first, brief taste of new music from Williams' pen and with his' signature 'in every second:

John Williams' score for The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011) appears likely on 28th October 2011 by Sony Music, and offers a good 60 minutes of music.

At this point, would the Cinema Musica sincere thanks to Mr. Martin Korn, classical music label manager, speak of SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT (Switzerland) GmbH.

sounds good.

somehow, it doesnt sound like modern williams... it has more of a vintage feeling, but it does not sound vintage either.

or may be it modern music but with vintage layering of instrumens (ie less note-wise thick)

cant wait...

The Adventure Continues is a great piece! Man! But where's the main heroic theme? Is that a part of Snowy's theme that isn't in the sample bit ?

Weird - the "Capturing Mr. Silk" sample features Haddock's theme at the end.

Clearly that track contains music from at least 2 different portions of the movie, as Tintin hasn't met Haddock yet when they capture silk

I like that theme already.

It's my favorite theme from the score

Omar's theme is nowhere to be found in the samples, that's a good one too

I have a slight feeling that the "Main heroic theme" could be the jazzy theme in track 1?

maybe he wanted to make it feel European..

or is it track 18? I'm now listening to it..

"Feel European" (sic), he. he.....yeah, because Europe is such a singular unit. ;)

But there's definitely a FRENCH thing going on (even though the comic book is Belgian).

This sounds fantastic!!!! It's like a mix of old and new Williams, but different in a way from those two. It's like he found a new style!

Tintin's Theme is brilliant! Nothing like I could have ever expected. Johnny surprises us again! In fact, the whole score (so far) is an extremly delightful surprise. Something better than I could have even hoped for.

Kudos to you, Johnny! And can't freakin wait to hear the whole thing.

Pope said this in an interview back in 2009: "The main theme is highly energetic, filled with great tonal twists and turns, reflecting, I suspect, Tintin’s heroic energy. It will become a classic, I think."

It could be The Adventure Continues track...

I'm liking the action material so far - Marlinspike Hall and Escape from the Karaboudjan.

The more jazzy stuff doesn't really do it for me. Where's the sweeping heroic TinTin theme?

And Home Alone bad guys temp-tracking in Capturing Mr Silk... methinks.

This sounds fantastic!!!! It's like a mix of old and new Williams, but different in a way from those two. It's like he found a new style!

Tintin's Theme is brilliant! Nothing like I could have ever expected. Johnny surprises us again! In fact, the whole score (so far) is an extremly delightful surprise. Something better than I could have even hoped for.

Kudos to you, Johnny! And can't freakin wait to hear the whole thing.

Michael what do you consider as Tintin's theme? because we're trying to figure it out here..

After one listen my observations

1)It does sound "vintagy" Williams in the orchestrations ( mix of Harry Potter and Indiana Jones)

2)The vast majority of tracks seem to be chase/action cues. I have not heard a single quet reflective moment or "soaring" cues (I guess that's the unreleased music)

3) My biggest fear, until I hear the complete album, is that there doesn't seem to be a knock out theme in there. No Raider's March, no force theme, no Hedwig's theme...if you know what I mean

Overall, it seems "pretty cool", but I didn't get a "OMG that was awesome" moment

Michael what do you consider as Tintin's theme? because we're trying to figure it out here..

The Adventures of Tintin fits the character quite well for me, so until the score is released I'll stick to that.

:drunk:

My biggest fear, until I hear the complete album, is that there doesn't seem to be a knock out theme in there. No Raider's March, no force theme, no Hedwig's theme...if you know what I mean

I see what you mean and i share your fear ;)

There's a bit of what hints to be a heroic theme in Captain Haddock Takes the Oars, played very briely of clarinet. But it could be Haddock's theme, perhaps.

That's Milou's theme.

Snowy's theme, The Flight to Baggahr, The Captain's Counsel, Captain Haddock Takes the Oars, Tinker-Tin the trailers...

I think we've got a Hedwig's theme type scenario!

There's a bit of what hints to be a heroic theme in Captain Haddock Takes the Oars, played very briely of clarinet. But it could be Haddock's theme, perhaps.

That's Milou's theme.

Snowy's theme, The Flight to Baggahr, The Captain's Counsel, Captain Haddock Takes the Oars, the trailers...

I think we've got a Hedwig's theme type scenario!

Awesome!

Now... Who's gonna do the analysis track by track? :P

Wow, this sounds truly awesome. Much, much better than I had expected from certain reports.

A lot of classic Williams in there, intermingled with some Crystal Skull. No annoying Grievous-action-type of cues thus far. Instead - so much excitement. And I love the first two samples!

I found picking pockets!!!

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ[link]

Don't fool around, this is serious!

The bit of sheet music that leaked on the net, called Tinker-Tin was apparently from The Flight to Bagghar. But the same theme is also used in The Captain's Counsel. I wonder if that is actually a part of the main Tintin theme...

Bianca Castafiore doesn't seem to be half as bad as in the books!

:lol:

Is that track a reference to that opera track she's always singing in the books, now?

Also, it's like the underlying rhythm of the last track, esp. in the beginning, is a reference to the classic TV Tintin theme. (Although most likely it's the character that leads to that sort of music.)