The Official Tintin Unreleased Music Thread

King Mark

Well the movie and the c.d. is coming out soon for some JWfans, so here's the thread to discuss the unreleased music. Those who read some sheet music can contribute too

What does Picking Pockets sound like?

Are there major highlights left off the c.d.?

Or is all the important music on the OST?

K.M.Wondering why he's always posting in the wrong sub-forum

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in this trailer:

You can hear music from 0:06-0:19 that is from a Williams cues from the Karaboudjan section of the film. Shortly after the segment that you can hear in from the trailer, the "Karaboudjan Danger Theme" that you can hear on track 6 of the OST (2:25-2:40, and 2:53-2:56, and 3:04-3:09) plays for a while... and then after that, comes this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6FDgKv-eBg

The entire cue is not on the OST, and it's one of my favorites.

That's because you grabbed the SD version from the original site they were posted on (who has since taken them down) instead of the HD version

I have a new theory. Maybe those soundtrack micro-editors are the same people that hoard recording sessions for trade. They excise key sections of the score and cues on purpose

I will still post a complete report tomorow.

I can already say that there are either 2 or 3 cues in "The Clash of the Cranes".

The first cue is cut off at 0:44 and continues into the second cue.

And the glass is beginning to look half empty again I see.

For a moment I thought Jason was saying that the Escape from Karaboudjan was missing another rendition of the main theme but it seems it is something else in the trailer then.

If the soundtrack album is any indication most of the score, yes even the unreleased material, will be quite thematic so we are bound to miss some renditions of the themes. With luck Williams hasn't excised any of the themes completely from the album like with A.I. where the Yearning for a Child theme was left completely off the CD.

With luck Williams hasn't excised any of the themes completely from the album like with A.I. where the Yearning for a Child theme has left completely off the CD.

I highly doubt that. The movie is only 107 minutes long... and we already have 1 hour of music!

With luck Williams hasn't excised any of the themes completely from the album like with A.I. where the Yearning for a Child theme has left completely off the CD.

I highly doubt that. The movie is only 107 minutes long... and we already have 1 hour of music!

True. Only 42 minutes of unreleased music max! Plus rewrites! ;)

Is the Tintin's theme that's heard in this trailer at 0:12-0:14 on the OS album?

:conf: Did you even read my post that you are quoting here?

Well, in this trailer:

You can hear music from 0:06-0:19 that is from a Williams cues from the Karaboudjan section of the film. Shortly after the segment that you can hear in from the trailer, the "Karaboudjan Danger Theme" that you can hear on track 6 of the OST (2:25-2:40, and 2:53-2:56, and 3:04-3:09) plays for a while... and then after that, comes this scene:

05 Sir Francis and the Unicorn is a complete rewrite.

Except:

2:14 - 2:39

At 2:14 a cue called "Old Enemies Meet" starts (and ends at 2:39), but the beginning (aprox. 5 seconds) is cut off.

I suspect that this track is a concert arrangement

I can already say that there are either 2 or 3 cues in "The Clash of the Cranes".

The first cue is cut off at 0:44 and continues into the second cue.

Every track on the entire OST is made up of multiple cues (Except tracks 1, 2, 12, and 18). That's kind of how all Williams OSTs (... actually, all non-Giacchino OSTs ;) ) work

In film music and especially in Williams' case the music in longer scenes or sequences is split into a series of smaller cues, chunks that are meant to flow from one to the other playing as a single piece of music. A normal procedure.

Great news that all the themes ended up heard on the OST Jason. Am I right in assuming that the rest of the music is as thematic as the stuff we have on the OST?

Peter Pettigrew's theme

Wrong score KM. 7 years late on this one.

Is the Tintin's theme that's heard in this trailer at 0:12-0:14 on the OS album?

:conf: Did you even read my post that you are quoting here?

Gotta level with you, Jason, I only skimmed through the thread... ;)

Well, in this trailer:

But now everything is clear, thanks. And a bummer.

Okay.

Sir Francis and the Unicorn is not a suite.

Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure also isn't a suite.

There's a lot of tracking and editing in the film (though ofcourse not as much as in TPM)

There's alot missing from Clash of the Cranes (but Sir Francis and the Unicorn is also tracked in that scene)

4:12 from Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure plays when the Unicorn sinks.

The film omits 00:23 to 00:34 of "Escape from the Karaboudjan

The opening music is tracked in a scene in Bagghar

There is no Eye of Bagghar theme. The Eastern theme is the theme for Red Rackham's Treasure

There's alot of music missing from the album because the music plays during the WHOLE film.

A LOT of micro-edits on the album!!!!

*Tries to remember more*

And indeed the pirate-y music reffered to as "Duelling Pirates" by Jason does play when Francis and Rackham duel.

The Flight to Bagghar is indeed played during the plane flight.

I think Presenting Bianca Castafiore is missing something on the album

End Credits:

Sir Francis and the Unicorn

Snowy's Theme

The Adventure Continues

The jazzy music in "Introducing the Thompsons and Snowy's Chase" plays while the Thompsons chase the pick-pocketer.

The bit in the spanish trailer is played when Haddock slams the door against that villain.

Great observations Alexander! :)

And I kind of had the feeling the film would be scored wall-to-wall. So it means about 30 to 40 min. of unreleased music. Time to start agonizing over it!

Great observations Alexander! :)

And I kind of had the feeling the film would be scored wall-to-wall. So it means about 30 to 40 min. of unreleased music. Time to start agonizing over it!

Yep it's scored wall to wall except for some few moments.

It's not like ROTS or anything though.

And the classic question: What are the unreleased hightlights in your opinion? And does the album represent the score well as a whole?

And the classic question: What are the unreleased hightlights in your opinion? And does the album represent the score well as a whole?

I think the score is presented rather good. The unreleased highlights are the Crane Fight stuff and the first 20 - 30 minutes stuff.

I forgot something!!

The bit in the spanish trailer is played when Haddock slams the door against that villain.

Well we got lots of unreleased Indy 4 on the Blu-ray, so here's hoping that happens here, especially with the action music :)

It wouldn't surprise me if we see lots of unfinished "animatic" sequences and the like with Williams' score. In fact, I'm positive of it!

There is also a cue missing from the album that plays when Tintin shoots down the plane and they enter it.

Overall though, is it fair to say we're not missing the absolute most amazing music of the whole film, or the best renditions of the themes?

There are some great renditions of Tintin's theme missing.

Rats.

Oh well, I'll just buy the complete score release in 2031. ;)

Are there any Anakin's Dark Deeds-esque offensive microedits? There's an awkward cross-fade at 0:45 in Clash of the Cranes.

Rats.

Oh well, I'll just buy the complete score release in 2031. ;)

Are there any Anakin's Dark Deeds-esque offensive microedits? There's an awkward cross-fade at 0:45 in Clash of the Cranes.

That cross-fade is present in the film too.

And hopefully Laurent Bouzerou will produce the set, so we can have a range of alternates in place of film versions.

Well he gave us the original versions without inserts for the most part on ToD. Which of course are not film versions. ;)

Just as well the omitted inserts weren't highly sought after. :whistle:

But that's fine, they need to hold back some things for future releases... It's Lucasfilm we're talking about here; their whole operation runs on that premise. :lick: