13. The Milanese Nightingale 1:30

14. Presenting Bianca Castafiore 3:28

15. The Pursuit of the Falcon 5:43

16. The Captain's Counsel 2:10

17. The Clash of the Cranes 3:48

18. The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale 5:51

19. The Adventure Continues 2:58

* Previously unreleased

Well we got lots of unreleased Indy 4 on the Blu-ray, so here's hoping that happens here, especially with the action music :)

It wouldn't surprise me if we see lots of unfinished "animatic" sequences and the like with Williams' score. In fact, I'm positive of it!

I second this.

I'm just worried they cut too much of Tintin's theme off the album.

It's a fantastic theme and the lack of it on the OST is a huge disappointment

I can't wait to hear a rip of the movie audio

How loud is the score mixed in the film?

Indy like loud, or you can;t hear most of it like in the SW prequels?

So Alexander, since you've actually seen the film, can you give us a summary of the music you remember hearing that isn't on the OST?

End Credits:

Sir Francis and the Unicorn

Snowy's Theme

The Adventure Continues

Wow, gives more credence to my theory that SF&TU is in fact a concert arrangement. Are you SURE all the music you hear on the OST in that track appears in the film itself?

End Credits:

Sir Francis and the Unicorn

Snowy's Theme

The Adventure Continues

Wow, gives more credence to my theory that SF&TU is in fact a concert arrangement. Are you SURE all the music you hear on the OST in that track appears in the film itself?

As Alexander says in the other thread on the score and mixing:

The music is very loud in the film.

It can be clearly heard.

I trust that Alexander knows his score but of course it would be helpful to have as many reports as possible to make sure.

And Is it not possible also that since there was no official concert version of SF&TU the film makers spliced it at the beginning of the End Credits? Instead of SF&TU being a concert arrangement the other logical possibility is that Williams rewrote a large part of the music in that scene which is not in the original sheet music.

What about Picking Pockets? Does it kick ass?

I don't know what the hell Picking Pockets is.

Oddly.

A-HA!

Like I have been saying all along, so that scene may have been cut after all.

2041 TINTIN - EXPANDED COLLECTOR'S EDITION SOUNDTRACK

TRACK LIST:

1. The Adventures of Tintin 3:04

2. Picking Pockets* 2:30

3. Snowy's Theme 2:10

4. The Secret of the Scrolls 3:13

5. Introducing the Thompsons and Snowy's Chase 4:08

6. Marlinspike Hall 3:59

7. Escape from the Karaboudjan 3:21

8. Sir Francis and the Unicorn 5:05

9. Captain Haddock Takes the Oars 2:17

10. Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure 6:10

11. Capturing Mr. Silk 2:58

12. The Flight to Bagghar 3:33

13. The Milanese Nightingale 1:30

14. Presenting Bianca Castafiore 3:28

15. The Pursuit of the Falcon 5:43

16. The Captain's Counsel 2:10

17. The Clash of the Cranes 3:48

18. The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale 5:51

19. The Adventure Continues 2:58

* Previously unreleased

ROTFLMAO

So Alexander, since you've actually seen the film, can you give us a summary of the music you remember hearing that isn't on the OST?

I've already posted that?

Not really, not like a cohesive list

I'm not sure, but i will try to make a list this evening (it's 01:20 pm here).

Great! :)

In general are the unreleased pieces long or does the film feature a lot of short cues? As you said the music is almost constant.

Very minor spoilers.

Just finished watching the movie. I don't have time to go into any great details. Here are a few points I noticed:

- I'm more or less satisfied with the OST. The biggest problem with the OST is the omission of some of the renditions of Tintin's theme. Like King Mark, I do think it is a fantastic theme, and it is heard alot more frequently in the movie than on the OST. However, as the theme itself it rather short, we aren't missing any major type of cues like on the original Temple of Doom OST. Most of the theme's performances that I really enjoyed that aren't in the OST only lasts a few seconds (part of bigger cues obviously). The ones that stand out are a performance on agitated strings when Tintin is sneaking into ship's communications room, a brief swell when his plane takes off and a few others on brass.

- Picking Pockets is not the holy grail most people thought it would be. If the track is labelled correctly, it features in the first scene after the credits and it is almost a source-like cue featuring a french sounding accordion. There probably is a little more to it than I can remember, but nothing to get worried about. It does however feature the first performance of Tintin's theme.

- There is a fast-tempo string performance of the "Presenting Biana C." melody before we hear the one at the start of Pursuit of the Falcoln.

- The music is mixed much louder than most other movies. I'm no expert, but it seems scores for animated movies tend to be mixed louder than live-action.

Can't think of anything else that wasn't already mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Damien

Ah Picking Pockets is finally revealed! What an anticlimax. :P

Shame about the missing Tintin theme renditions though. But it was to be expected and since those were just few second ones it is easy to understand why they were not on the OST.

Thank you for the information Damien!

dfenton85, can you tell us how "Sir Francis And The Unicorn" plays in the film?

It plays how it plays on the OST.

The non-action part at the beginning is heard in the desert.

The big rendition of the Unicorn (or Tintin's) theme plays when Haddock sees the Unicorn (seen in the trailer).

The rest speaks for itself.

Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure is also heard as in the film, although Duelling Pirates does not start right after "At Sword Point" (the first cue in the track) in the film.

There is no curse.

Great to know that Sir Francis and the Unicorn is the actual film cue(s). :)

There is no curse.

Williams gets creative with OST titles once again!

Classic Williams. :lol:

Again, minor spoilers

Jason, I'm not saying Picking Pockets is a source cue, but it sounds like one most of the time. Imagine the type of French acordian music that would be playing at a French outdoor cafe, and you get a sense of the music in that cue. But it was written by Williams. Again, I'm assuming that the cue is titled correctly, but I suspect so. If I remember correctly, there are a few light woodwinds and strings punctuating the actual act of picking people's pockets, but again nothing substantial.

BTW, Introducing Biana C. plays an important role in the movie's plot, but it still has no place appearing on the OST, from a score collector point of view.

I suspect after more people see the movie, the short cue (about 1.5 - 2 mins) where Tintin shoots down a plane and takes off in it will become people's most sought after unreleased cue. There is also a nice little action cue just before he meets Haddock. I can't remember if it contains any themes, but there some nice fun rhythmic strings. It's not on the OST, but again only lasts about a minute or so.

I'm betting the unreleased music is much more extensive than what people are reporting

Same with RotS. At first people were saying there was only a few unreleased cues here and there that were interesting

Can,t wait to hear a compete edit with rips

The official Oscar promo released later this year will feature the score 'as presented in the film' as per the Academy stipulations, so we won't have to wait too long to hear the very few minutes not on the soundtrack release.

If that's true, how come we don't have the oscar CDs for ROTS, WOTW, Geisha, Munich, and MOAG?

Or is this a new rule that started after 2008?

ok another IMPORTANT question

About the Finale of the movie ,is it as presented in Return to Marlinspike and Finale or there's music before, after or microedited out? Does it jump into the End Credits as presented on the album? (in other words are we missing a Padme's Funeral or Gryffyndor Wins type cue)

The official Oscar promo released later this year will feature the score 'as presented in the film' as per the Academy stipulations, so we won't have to wait too long to hear the very few minutes not on the soundtrack release.

riiiight...this has never happened to a Williams score except A.I. by mistake

ok another IMPORTANT question

About the Finale of the movie ,is it as presented in Return to Marlinspike and Finale or there's music before, after or microedited out? Does it jump into the End Credits as presented on the album? (in other words are we missing a Padme's Funeral or Gryffyndor Wins type cue)

Track 17 contains the final 3 cues from the film, that lead right into the end credits - there is no cues missing. In the final cue of the 3 cues the fast Treasure theme has been replaced by a rewrite containing the slow version

Ok, does that mean the film version in from is much better than the OST?

The film version of The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale is on the OST. Apparently Williams' original version contained a different version of the Treasure theme at 4:08 of the track which was then rewritten and that's what's in the film. Jason says that the version originally there was more like the one at the end of Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure track (starting at 5:38), with more exotic and warmer reading of the same material although I doubt it was as full blown transitional shot version as that.

Now you can start your moaning for those lost seconds of thematic über coolness which the original version must have had.

I think we can all assume that there's probably dozens of alternates (with probably subtle differences -- a few inserts here and there/different orchestration, etc. nothing huge) due to the nature of the split recording sessions. Already seems like Sir Francis and the Unicorn in the film and OST is different from whatever version was recorded last year (and was used in the early trailers).

Okay, now that the PP fiasco has been cleared up, I think we can safely say the music is fairly well represented on the album.

Sure, some cues are missing here and there, but that's what we all expected. No major themes and no major cues seem to be missing.

But think of the re-release possibilities of this score (in the year 2041) when they can make an interesting release by presenting both the final film score and the intermediate cues from the earlier recording sessions. Kind of like with Back to the Future! ;)

But think of the re-release possibilities of this score (in the year 2041) when they can make an interesting release by presenting both the final film score and the intermediate cues from the earlier recording sessions. Kind of like with Back to the Future! ;)

Well, yes, but that's always the case with JW blockbuster scores. I said the music is "well represented," which I think is a fair assessment. ;)

Yes I think, at the moment before seeing the film, that the album is a pretty well rounded experience. :)

Or the early versions will be dismissed as unnecessary embarrasing (for the composer) demos.

;)

:(

Ok, does that mean the film version in from is much better than the OST?

No, you misunderstand me. I'm saying that the rewrite (which surely is what is used in the film itself) is also what is on the CD, and that the originally written version is missing from both film and CD. I'm also saying the ONLY part that is a rewrite is from 3:55-4:23, the part containing the slow Treasure Theme. The only thing you're missing is another statement of the fast Treasure Theme, which is already on the CD twice.

The film version of The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale is on the OST. Apparently Williams' original version contained a different version of the Treasure theme at 4:08 of the track which was then rewritten and that's what's in the film. Jason says that the version originally there was more like the one at the end of Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure track (starting at 5:38), with more exotic and warmer reading of the same material although I doubt it was as full blown transitional shot version as that.

Now you can start your moaning for those lost seconds of thematic über coolness which the original version must have had.

Nono, I'm not saying it was like the "exotic location reveal" music at all. I'm still not convinced that music is the same as the Treasure Theme. I'm saying it's the same as the "Fast Version" of the Treasure Theme, as heard in Escape from the Karaboudjan from 2:45-2:51 and Red Rackham's Curse and The Treasure from 5:46-5:55