Jurassic Park 3D re-release in theaters April 5 2013

Matt C

That poster is wrong... the kids weren't in the same car as Alan and Ellie. I smell SE all over again!

not to mention that it is a jeep wrangler so the people inside look like dwarves or hobbits in proportion...

No, I can see the fleas. Mummy, can't you see the fleas?

'Jurassic Park IV : 'Attack of the Fleas'

'Jurassic Park V : 'Fleas on Parade'

Jurassic Park VI : 'Nothing is worse than an itch you can never scratch'

Jurassiv Park VII : 'The Seven Year Itch'

That poster is wrong... the kids weren't in the same car as Malcom and Ellie. I smell SE all over again!

Fixed. remember the infamous King Kong line? or "Thats Chaos Theory"

That poster is wrong... the kids weren't in the same car as Alan and Ellie. I smell SE all over again!

But to be fair, the gate in that poster isn't the same as the gate in the film, which has "Jurassic Park" above the doors, no logos on the doors, and certainly no "3D" emblem.

Jurassic_park.jpg

For all we know, the four people in the car are meant to symbolize any stereotypical nuclear family watching this in the theater.

I really enjoy Jurassic Park, not sure I care to see it in 3D but still seeing it on the big screen was one of the great movie going experiences.

I have a feeling that when the official John Williams top ten comes out JP will not have the love now it had 10 years ago.

when was the deadline for that? i have still to post my list.

And i'll put JP 1st ;)

January 15th

seeing the dinosaurs for the first time was a transendent experience. It opened a world of possibilities in our view of how things could be, because you could watch that movie and absolutely believe there be dinosaurs.

I don't know if I feel the need to see this in 3D.

Part of the appeal of JP in theaters was the reaction of the audience.

I remember at one of showings I went to, there were these two 17-18 year old girls, complete strangers, sitting next to me and my friend and one of them kept grabbing my arm every time something happened.

Omg didn't notice the Geffen records thing! Here's to wishful thinking! I'll still probably get it either way given my fan status lol.

But boy was this trailer a bit of a letdown. Totally modernized, but to be expected. Did anyone else notice Hammond's change of line where he says all major theme parks have "problems" instead of "delays"? Hope that was just for the trailer and not some random ass change in the film. So pointless either way!

Still am very excited to see this film in theaters again. Was hardly 6 when I saw it in theaters! First time was at a drive in!

Amazing how every modern trailer, even for older movies, is almost exactly the same. MV music, whispery male voiceovers, loud noises, etc.

Also, look at the end. Soundtrack on Geffen Records. Possible expanded reissue.

And to finally have the physical soundtrack will be a dream come true :woop:

Why are you so psyched for that? It's not like the album is hard to find in bargain bins. The CD is $10.31 brand new at Amazon or $6 for used.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the expanded soundtrack.

It would be a great surprise, but I'm expecting just a reissue too.

And the worse implication is that hopes for another label to expand would go down the toilet.

But when you also consider Williams' meddling, I maintain that a sessions leak is the best outcome for this score.

Is the Lost World going to get the 3D treatment? Maybe they will release a regular jewel case for that one instead of that stupid pop up disc.

Why are you so psyched for that? It's not like the album is hard to find in bargain bins. The CD is $10.31 brand new at Amazon or $6 for used.

It's because I don't like buying CDs via internet and also don't have a credit card, so I really prefer buying my music on the actual store. And you wouldn't believe how hard to find are any film soundtracks here in Argentina.

The only Williams stuff I could find here were KOTCS, COA, Minority Report and Munich. In a trip to the USA, my parents got me two compilation discs of Johnny with the London Symphony and when I went to Spain I bought myself loads of any Williams material I found, and some other soundtracks too, like Midway, The Phantom Menace, Philosopher's Stone, Fiddler on the Roof (on LP no less!), an Alien Trilogy Music Set, and a bunch of other stuff.

Jurassic Park being my favorite score of Johnny, it's a must have for me.

In a deleted scene, it was explained fully why the Trike was sick. Taken from JP-Legacy:

Trike Resolution This scene was most likely cut due to pacing of the film, but it would have been nice if it was kept in for the sake of resolving why the Triceratops was sick. Tim finds rounded stones beside the West Indian Lilac that is toxic to the animals. It's suggested then by Ellie and Dr. Grant that when the Triceratops eats the gizzard stones it accidentally eats the poisonous berries beside the stones.

http://jplegacy.org/?jpc