So Ridley Scott is directing a Prometheus sequel... (The official Alien: Covenant Thread)

crocodile

I guess in Alex's world fine = great?

And also apparently he thinks that I said that some helment scene I don't remember was the only problem with the film, despite me specifically saying I thought the story, plot, and dialogue were all bad.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I guess in Alex's world fine = great?

Yep.

I actually agree with you. The direction, cast, set design, effects were all fine. We can argue about individual moments but Prometheus is a very professional production. It just isnt a good film.

It's one of those films that was not only very bad, but its badness was made even worse by the fact that I had such high hopes for it.  Now I'm back to being jaded and assuming every movie will suck so I can sometimes be occasionally pleasantly surprised, but generally never really let down :)

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I actually agree with you. The direction, cast, set design, effects were all fine. We can argue about individual moments but Prometheus is a very professional production. It just isnt a good film.

Okay, then look at it this way, the rest of the movie was professional but not interesting enough to compensate for the bad script. That why I blame it too.

14 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

the rest of the movie was professional but not interesting enough to compensate for the bad script. 

That is exactly how I feel. 

No, Koray thinks the deleted scenes make all the difference. Also, he clearly thinks the script is 'fine'. I saw a couple deleted scenes on Youtube and thought they were deleted for a good reason. 

See, there cannot be peace here at JWfan!

6 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

No, Koray thinks the deleted scenes make all the difference. Also, he clearly thinks the script is 'fine'. I saw a couple deleted scenes on Youtube and thought they were deleted for a good reason. 

See, there cannot be peace here at JWfan!

Why do you insistently misinterpret people's posts? I never said the deleted scenes make all the difference or that the script is fine.

The deleted scenes don't help that much, to be honest. Maybe except for the deleted first creature discovery in the pyramid: an alien slug which the biologist gets all excited about, explaining why he was excited to find the even bigger penis-alien later on in the vase room.

Still, it's stupid how these scientists, on a scientific exploration mission across the galaxy (that they apparently weren't briefed about before leaving Earth) jump back and forth between terrified and excited. Piles of dead alien bodies? Horrifying! Living, gigantic penis-aliens? Cute and cuddly! 

36 minutes ago, crumbs said:

explaining why he was excited to find the even bigger penis-alien later on in the vase room.

Does he really need a reason to be excited for finding a bigger penis? Bigger is better. 

7 hours ago, petaQ said:

Does he really need a reason to be excited for finding a bigger penis? Bigger is better. 

I've never seen the point of having a bigger penis. It's not like I would be the one who'd enjoy it more...

15 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Why do you insistently misinterpret people's posts? I never said the deleted scenes make all the difference or that the script is fine.

Alex sees what he wants to see.

On 12/25/2016 at 0:04 AM, crumbs said:

Also, Jed Kurzel is doing the score, who did The Babadook, Macbeth, and Assassin's Creed.....? :blink: 

On 12/25/2016 at 6:20 AM, Thor said:

The choice of Jed Kurzel is very intriguing. He's done some interesting scores for THE BABADOOK and SLOW WEST, in particular, and should be able to carry the eerieness and the originality requried. Looking forward to hear what he'll come up with. Marc Streitenfeld's PROMETHEUS has grown on me on album over the years (although HGW's "Life" theme is still the best part), but this is a more progressive choice, I think.

So another big Hollywood blockbuster that's being scored by an unknown?

In 1979 Ridley employed the services of Jerrald King Goldsmith. Already a veteran composer at that time. These days he just uses anyone...

They days of the traditional classical film composer are behind us. I don't mind it. And I rather have a rock musician than another Zimmer clone.

Alex - young and modern at heart

He's happy to drop them like a sack of hot potatoes went they don't give him what he wants. A rock score for a moody horror film is... intriguing.

Ridley's always had questionable taste in music, that much is clear.

11 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

No, we don't.

Scott doesn't go for tradition composers. Never did.

Isn't it true that he raped Jerry Goldsmith's score to Alien?