Justice League movie thread

Matt C

17 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Between Cavill's CGI lower face, and Affleck's noticeable weight gain/loss this film is laughably inept!

Yes ... BUT, my point is, what is The Snyder Cut is even more inept? Where does that leave Snyder and the rabid fans? Perhaps it's best for them the hold on to the myth of The Snyder Cut and hope it never gets released.

32 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Yes ... BUT, my point is, what is The Snyder Cut is even more inept? Where does that leave Snyder and the rabid fans? Perhaps it's best for them the hold on to the myth of The Snyder Cut and hope it never gets released.

I have faith in Snyder!

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I thought you were supposed to be the Snyderite?

Karol

2 hours ago, crocodile said:

I thought you were supposed to be the Snyderite?

Karol

Have you forgotten how much I wanted Snyder to be freed from his DC chains?!

17 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Have you forgotten how much I wanted Snyder to be freed from his DC chains?!

Is there anything else in this world other than DC and Marvel? ;)

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

And the campaign continues:

EK8558RWsAAxss2.jpg

DC/Superhero nerds don't have time to watch 209 minutes of The Irishman, but they certainly would find time to watch 214 minutes of the Snyder Cut even with unfinished CGI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, the fabled Snyder Cut would have Darkseid, the Amazons, Superman in the black suit (probably becoming evil and then turning to good again?), backstory about Cyborg, supporting characters from the Aquaman movie, Ancient gods fighting Apokolyps, maybe Green Lantern...

This is like Marvel wanting to do Avengers: Infinity War in 2012, not in 2018.

It would be more incoherent and overstuffed than BvS. And nerds still whine on the internet for this.

29 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

So, the fabled Snyder Cut would have Darkseid, the Amazons, Superman in the black suit (probably becoming evil and then turning to good again?), backstory about Cyborg, supporting characters from the Aquaman movie, Ancient gods fighting Apokolyps, maybe Green Lantern...

This is like Marvel wanting to do Avengers: Infinity War in 2012, not in 2018.

It would be more incoherent and overstuffed than BvS. And nerds still whine on the internet for this.

Bring it!

Just randomly came across this pretty lengthy breakdown of how much Justice Leage was changed from Snyder's version to Whedon's, and what he was originally setting up that is no longer happening

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Justice_League

I thought some people here might enjoy checking it out

On 1/5/2020 at 8:28 AM, Jay said:

Just randomly came across this pretty lengthy breakdown of how much Justice Leage was changed from Snyder's version to Whedon's, and what he was originally setting up that is no longer happening

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Justice_League

I thought some people here might enjoy checking it out

Reading this makes me conclude that there was never any salvaging of Justice League. A Snyder-cut version 3+ hours long, packed with even more characters and a bleak endless apocalyptic battle in Russia (which is far enough away and foreign enough to us that we won’t care how much soviet looking infrastructure gets throw around and blown up, so sky’s the limit)... no thanks. 

• 1 month later...

‘Invisible Man’ Director Leigh Whannell Says Even the Idea of the Snyder Cut Is a ‘Terrible Thing’

Whannell echoes Scorsese is rejecting director cuts, saying, "I never wanna have another cut sitting somewhere that competes with the original cut."

Few director’s cuts in movie history have as much buzz around them as the Snyder Cut of “Justice League.” Zack Snyder has spent the last year teasing his personal cut of the comic book tentpole, which bombed with critics and audiences in November 2017. Snyder left the “Justice League” production after a family tragedy and Warner Bros. brought in Joss Whedon to oversee reshoots and post-production. The “Justice League” theatrical cut featured Whedon’s lighter tone and altered Snyder’s original plans for the superhero movie. The #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement continues to urge Warner Bros. to release Snyder’s version, but not all of Snyder’s contemporaries believe in such a movie. During an interview on the ReelBlend podcast, “Invisible Man” writer and director Leigh Whannell was asked about the existence of the Snyder Cut. Whannell said th idea of a Snyder Cut and all director’s cuts is “a terrible thing” to him.

“To me, I never wanna have another cut sitting somewhere that competes with the original cut,” Whannell explains. “I guess what I’m saying is, whatever circumstances created that cut, whatever horrible circumstances are totally understandable. For me personally, I would always view it as a terrible thing that there was an unseen cut of the film. Over the years, you’ll see this thing where it’s like, ‘James Cameron rereleases the director’s cut of “Aliens.”’ And then he’ll introduce it. When you watch it, he comes on the screen and he says, ‘This is the way I always intended people to watch “Aliens.”’ And my first thought is, ‘That’s nuts!’ Don’t have one definitive version of the movie. I hate this idea that we missed out on the version he wanted us to see.”

Whannell’s comments echo similar thoughts shared by Martin Scorsese last fall. “The director’s cut is the film that’s released,” Scorsese said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. “[The director] has made their decisions based on the process they were going through at the time. There could be money issues, there could be somebody that dies [while making] the picture, the studio changes heads and the next person hates it. Sometimes [a director says], ‘I wish I could go back and put it all back together.’ All these things happen. But I do think once the die is cast, you have to go with it and say, ‘That’s the movie I made under those circumstances.’”

Don’t expect to see a director’s cut of “The Invisible Man,” which Universal is opening in theaters nationwide February 27.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/02/leigh-whannell-snyder-cut-terrible-1202213944/

I get the sentiment behind it, but also disagree. Theatrical cuts are often a product of studio and producer control, not the director. There are many films that are substantially improved by a director’s cut. It would be a shame if those never saw the light of day. Most probably still never do.