Justice League movie thread

Matt C

10 hours ago, AC1 said:

It's his opportunity for retaliating and getting some praise, after his last DC ventures sucked ass. It has zero to do with "artistic" passion. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why these movies are so expensive. You'd think at some point WB might realize you can do a Batman with the right director on a severely limited budget compared to the massive amounts of money they've been blowing on them since the 1989 movie, and make a shitload more profit. You don't even need a big name star.

Instead they make this stupid shit:

5318781-6497320756-latest.jpeg

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

When Zack Snyder says that this is his original vision, I call him a liar on that.

He has 20/20 hindsight on what people complained about the released cut. Of course he’s going to change as much of that as possible - be it his “original” vision or not.

Business-wise it makes sense, but his original vision it is not.

57 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Do you have proof? I mean, this look much closer to the original concept design. 

This is true. Snyder Cut is made up bullshit.

In the sense, a marketing coup.

He marketed something that did not exist. Now he actually got somebody to pay for it.
And now he's going to make up whatever the hell he wants and call it his original vision.

We already saw this with the black suit.

I am still curious to see it though to finally lay it to bed.

2 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I don't understand why these movies are so expensive. You'd think at some point WB might realize you can do a Batman with the right director on a severely limited budget compared to the massive amounts of money they've been blowing on them since the 1989 movie, and make a shitload more profit. You don't even need a big name star.

Instead they make this stupid shit:

5318781-6497320756-latest.jpeg

Lol. The Knightmare scene on BvS is one of the worst additions to that movie, a scene completly bizarre and weird. 

Well, I have no problem with that. Batman killing people solves so many problems. If Michael Keaton's Batman faced off with the Nolan Bane, he would have killed him long before the city was under siege. Same with The Joker. It just doesn't make any sense to let him live when they keep putting him in Arkham and he always escapes and fucks everything up. Just kill him.

The issue with killing in BvS is that he's just obsessed with killing Superman with a spear, which is stupid. But if he's killing bad guys? It's fine.

The Knightmare sequence might've worked had there been a sufficient development of the character beforehand. It's funny so many people didn't like it, but to be honest looking back on that trainwreck of a film, I would pay to see an entire film set in that reality! It would've given some legitimacy to their conflict beyond the lame excuse BvS gave.

Top Warner guy who was responsible for green-lighting The Snyder Cut has been sacked (amongst several others). Could this mean The Snyder Cut is in danger?

bmcndv4k-1336692424.jpg

Doubtful.  A ton of DC editorial etc. staff was also let go over the weekend.  WB is trying to stop the bleeding of its COVID year wherever it can.

If Snyder had been very quietly working on his cut, I could see them canceling it, but after the PR rush and Snyder's constant engagement with the fans, there's no way to stop this train.

Doubtful, but who knows.

They cancelled the 3D re-releases of Star Wars (except E1) and I heard that work on those were already underway, so they could just see it as a sunken cost.

But I doubt it, DC published a couple a days ago that it will be featured on the ‘Fandome’ event on 22nd August.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:07 PM, Edmilson said:

This is the actor that plays Darkseid on Snyder's Justice League reacting to Steppenwolf's newly released teaser:

Is this really the new generation of actors to influence a future generation? A bunch of narcissistic assholes? 

I totally expect dumbshits on the pedestrian side of the internet to behave like this, but a fully grown dude and actor going on a rampage about "trolls"? Good god man, have some class. 

On 8/14/2020 at 8:46 PM, gkgyver said:

Is this really the new generation of actors to influence a future generation? A bunch of narcissistic assholes? 

So...how is that different than the older generation? 

6 hours ago, Matt C said:

Snyder shot JL in 1.85 because he liked how the IMAX scenes looked in BvS. Everything else he’s shot in 2.40 anamorphic.

WATCHMEN and DOD were Super 35 iirc .

6 hours ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Still... why is the trailer in 4:3?

Maybe, to emphasize that it's NOT a theatrical release?

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

This was my very-DCU/Snyder friend’s response to the 4.33x3 question:98C8034E-AF8B-4BE0-8B51-55919DAFB616.jpeg

we may need to turn our TVs sideways

Told you so.

I wish Nolan would do this instead of. Mixing Scope with IMAX footage

So the Snyder cut of JL is reportedly four 1-hour installments.

Dors that mean they’re going to shoe horn in awkward cliffhangers at every one hour-mark - to fit the format - making it impossible to watch the whole thing as a solid, cinematic experience?

9 minutes ago, rough cut said:

So the Snyder cut of JL is reportedly four 1-hour installments.

Dors that mean they’re going to shoe horn in awkward cliffhangers at every one hour-mark - to fit the format - making it impossible to watch the whole thing as a solid, cinematic experience?

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 12:47 PM, mstrox said:

It will be 18 hours long, broken into hour-long parts and split up by bands playing at the Roadhouse.

It looks like they're keeping it short, but hopefully this answers your question.

30 minutes ago, rough cut said:

So the Snyder cut of JL is reportedly four 1-hour installment.

It will also be made available as a 4 hour movie. 

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

It will also be made available as a 4 hour movie. 

Yes, but will it flow naturally, or will

it have those kind of TV-movie pauses (long stare/fade to black) where it’s super clear they intended to put a commercial, but didn’t?

All I am saying is, it’s hard to edit something for two formats and make both of them seem natural.

I guess we’ll find out.

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

Yes, but will it flow naturally, or will

it have those kind of TV-movie pauses (long stare/fade to black) where it’s super clear they intended to put a commercial, but didn’t?

All I am saying is, it’s hard to edit something for two formats and make both of them seem natural.

I guess we’ll find out.

It's HBO. Do they interject their TV shows with commercials? 

It won't be 4 hours.

I think have a 2 minute title sequence for each episode (repeated for all 4 episodes) and say a 6 minute end title roll. That's 8 mins gone from every episode already.

Say they add in 1 min recap to Ep 2, 3 and 4. And a recap of MOS and BvA to Ep 1 (1 mins each), that's another 1 min gone.

So in theory you could have 50-51 mins of content each episode to have a movie of about 3 hrs 20 mins in length.

I might think 3 hrs 30 mins to be the outerlimit of how long the movie can be.

Otherwise it seems ridiculous that they would cut this much expensive footage for what was purported to be a 2 hr movie.

---

Related but not quite, we will only be able to judge when it is out.... but this entire Snyder Cut thing is at least partially a scam in that its not quite what it is being advertised as. I am curious to see it nonetheless because it is this mythical pop culture artefact. 

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

It's HBO. Do they interject their TV shows with commercials? 

No, both you and I know they don’t.

Do you really not understand what I mean or do you misinterpret me on purpose?

But once more, what I mean is: cut away the end credits of the mid-episodes and then put them together. How will those cuts be? 100 % seamless?

You can say “yes, I think so, it’ll be unnoticeable”, that’d ok, or “no, it’ll be a noticeable transition”, that’d be ok too, at this point either way is speculation - we’ll know in 2021 - but please don’t drag the conversation around without moving it forward.

31 minutes ago, rough cut said:

Do you really not understand what I mean or do you misinterpret me on purpose?

I very recently rewatched Fargo S2 and was super annoyed (just like you are with me right now)  with the long dark pauses that occurred every 8 minutes or so. I told my son that those were probably the places where there were adds. When you brought up  "TV-movie pauses (long stare/fade to black) where it’s super clear they intended to put a commercial", I thought you were referring to this. 

1 hour ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Related but not quite, we will only be able to judge when it is out.... but this entire Snyder Cut thing is at least partially a scam in that its not quite what it is being advertised as. I am curious to see it nonetheless because it is this mythical pop culture artefact. 

Yeah, me too. It’s an interesting beast. But at no point do I believe that this cut is a truthful representation of his original vision.

It’s a revision done with 20/20 hindsight of what the fans didn’t like in the Whedon cut, done with an added budget and a less restrained time constraint. So it’s a different beast, by fact.

That doesn’t mean it has to be bad, mind you. Likewise, that doesn’t mean it has to be good.

But no one can deny that Snyder has done some good/cool stuff in the past: 300, Sucker Punch, The Watchmen.

Even though I strongly disagree with almost every creative decision in The Man Of Steel and BvS - and also seem to be one of the few who enjoyed Whedon’s JL (and was happy Snyder was taken off it) - I am curious to see what this alternate cut will bring.

If I don’t like it - life goes on, I’ll still have Whedon’s JL, no one can take my enjoyment of that movie away from me.

If I like it - all the better, a new movie to enjoy!