X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014 film directed by Bryan Singer)

Matt C

My favorite is "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" or any of the variations on that. Haven't seen that on this site in about 18 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

P.P.S.: This is the first time I don't understand a damn thing about a post-credits scene in a superhero movie. What the fuck was that all about?

What happened in it?

Actually, Professor Xavier comes back at the end of The Last Stand.

Jason:

In a post-credits scene, people are bowing and chanting to En Sabah Nur as he creates the Egyptian Pyramids while his Four Horsemen stand in the distance.

That "musical" moment is also in X2.

Karol

Well that makes sense, since the next X-Men film coming out is called X-Men: Apocalypse.

So no Rebecca Romijn at all in the movie? Shame, especially since she was in First Class

Actually, Professor Xavier comes back at the end of The Last Stand.

Yeah, I know. But his body was still destroyed. In the The Last Stand post-credits scene, his mind is in someone else's body. So how did he get his body back? Is it explained at the end of The Wolverine?

No.

One little detail I really loved is how they alluded to Quicksilver's parentage.

Karol

I clearly need to rewatch the first two X-men films to understand all the references in this film when I see it.

One little detail I really loved is how they alluded to Quicksilver's parentage.

I must have missed that. I'm guessing that's when

they're helping Magneto escape?

Yes. At one point he says something like this: "You can control metal, my mum used to know a guy who could do that".

Karol

I pretty much agree with Bloodboal's review and Quicksilver was truly an highlight. One thing I didn't quite get, though I might've missed that part:

How did Magneto take control of the Sentinels by simply inserting metal rails in them?

I pretty much agree with Bloodboal's review and Quicksilver was truly an highlight. One thing I didn't quite get, though I might've missed that part:

How did Magneto take control of the Sentinels by simply inserting metal rails in them?

You didn't miss anything, he did exactly that. He didn't take over their program, which is why one of them attacks him later on.

That "musical" moment is also in X2.

The Fox Fanfare bit? Never noticed that!

Yeah, it's on the LLL expanded album.

Karol

Yes. At one point he says something like this: "You can control metal, my mum used to know a guy who could do that".

Oh, yeah, I remember that now! For some reason, I didn't even make the connection. Silly me!

You didn't miss anything, he did exactly that. He didn't take over their program, which is why one of them attacks him later on.

Weren't they made of metal to start with? And if even Magneto could control their movement with his power, could he prevent them, at all times, from attacking him? At times I think they make Magneto too powerful

Weren't they made of metal to start with? And if even Magneto could control their movement with his power, could he prevent them, at all times, from attacking him? At times I think they make Magneto too powerful

No, they weren't metal originally. Which is exactly what Trask says to Nixon earlier.

Karol

Now, that part I might have missed, but it makes sense. Still

Magneto can do too much stuff at the same time without losing concentration. They made him too powerful

Now, that part I might have missed, but it makes sense. Still

Magneto can do too much stuff at the same time without losing concentration. They made him too powerful

Yes, that's true. Especially that McKellen is not quite that powerful, even in the same film.

Karol

You're right, just checked. They never used that in the 2003 film. They did linger on the X in the 20th Century Fox logo for a bit longer before fading to black.

Karol

I'm out and I actually have 3 hours free right now, and I can't go home or anything. There's a theatre close by, so I think I'm going to go watch this movie now :P

No if he's played by Kick-Ass with the same kind of charisma as in Godzilla.

Speaking of which, was I the only person who found it odd that Scarlet witch and Quicksilver are married in Gareth Evans'film? ;)

Karol

No.

Btw, out of what I've seen, I might prefer the X-Men Quicksilver. But we still have to see what Whedon does with him a Scarlet Witch, given that they were added because he was annoyed that everyone had punchy powers.

X-Men is the best film this summer season so far. Easily surpassing Godzilla Spidy and even the Winter Soldier. It's a great piece of filmmaking considering the juggling of so many actors effects and storylines. Most impressive is the cinematography. It is brilliantly used to make the 70's unique.

Love that ending.

Yes, does Blink has a single line even? Or Bishop?

It's not the point, anyway. The film is supposed to tie everything together, there is only so many characters story can serve. It was never to be any different.

Karol