John Williams wins 2 awards in the first edition of ColonneSonore.net Awards

TownerFan

They appear to be voted for by normal people. Hence, not ;)

I often wonder what the point of all these awarding bodies is, if all they do is shower praise on whatever A-lister is flavour of the month. Seems to be something almost sycophantic about it.

I often wonder what the point of all these awarding bodies is, if all they do is shower praise on whatever A-lister is flavour of the month. Seems to be something almost sycophantic about it.

Hey, don't be so mean! Maurizio is a member of ColonneSonore!

They appear to be voted for by normal people. Hence, not ;)

:blink:

Howard Shore won for his monumental score to The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey to the Lotr music

Congratulations to Maestro Williams and Shore and all the other winners! :)

Howard Shore won for his monumental score to The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey to the Lotr music

Pasi, it certainly wasn't unexpected that the new score would be a continuation of the LotR sound or rather a musical precursor.

• 2 months later...

Oh that's absolutely fantastic and lovely Maurizio! :)

Hey is that the raptor statue in the reflection on the glass case of that Japanese piece of galligraphy on the wall? :P

That is pretty damn cool - well done :)

My earlier comment was really about how meaningful awards are once you get to a certain stage in your success. JW must get awards left right and centre - is another one really going to mean that much to him?

Is he shaking Barak's hand in that pic?

Yes, he is. indy4 has this pic as his avatar. You never noticed it?

Wow, I am honored that JW has a framed picture of my avatar in his house. I didnt know he had that much respect for me