Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

7 hours ago, Matt C said:

Snyder has delivered an alternate R-rated cut for the Blu-ray release. Only for "sequences of violence", so no Lois Lane or Diana Prince nudity.

How about a better script?

Karol

On 2/22/2016 at 6:15 PM, BloodBoal said:

Maybe they're not counting the end credits. Would explain the difference.

The official runtime of the theatrical cut with credits is 151.

The opening track (Beautiful Lie) leaked - https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/47fxlb/leaked_ost_beautiful_lie/

It's so uninspired. Boring orchestration, boring production, boring melody, boring boring boring. It's like they're daring me to not fall asleep.

I prefer film scores to have life, wit, and performance to them. I don't like it when they want to bludgeon me into passing out.

10 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

You'd have a hard time falling asleep with music that is so loud!

Actually I've always been able to fall asleep pretty easily to loud, droning music. It's like a white noise machine. That's what I'll call this score.  Batman vs. Superman: The Official White Noise Machine.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

It's so uninspired. Boring orchestration, boring production, boring melody, boring boring boring. It's like they're daring me to not fall asleep.

I prefer film scores to have life, wit, and performance to them. I don't like it when they want to bludgeon me into passing out.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I prefer film scores to have life, wit, and performance to them.

Yeah. And why not look for it - repeatedly, it seems - in the newest Zimmer/Holkenborg collaboration for a probably horrible movie pairing Batman and Superman?

As if!  It's one of the only threads here free from the putting down of things to prop up other things that one approves of.  Of course, if any vapid classical elitists were to join up, it could become just as acrimonious a place, and I couldn't get away with sharing Adams or Whitacre and everyone here would become intimately familiar with Babbitt and Ferneyhough and other composers of sufficiently challenging Proper Music.

Hey now, I may not understand what people who like it get out listening to Zimmer's music but I certainly don't think I'm superior for not. No one who loves ELO as much as I do could possibly be called an elitist :)

And I actually thought Holkenborg's score for Fury Road was perfect in context, just a slog as a soundtrack release.

21 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

but I certainly don't think I'm superior for not

I look forward to seeing you distinguish yourself in this regard, then, from the many others who are unable to.  We don't need any more silly Zimmer hate here.

Here are my thoughts:

- The first couple of trailers didn't do movie any good. It's like we already know what will happen and it isn't that new. It's not intriguing.

- Some people might be interested in seeing how Batman will take on Supes but is that true for everyone? Maybe there's a group of people, much larger than we think, who feel it's cheap exploitation.

- Another group of people is no longer interested in DC's Supes after seeing Man Of Steel.

- If the movie fails, it could mean Snyder will be set free again. Will he direct the Justice League movie? I don't think so.

- If Snyder will be set free, WB will never again give him a decent budget and carte blanche (which he had with 300 and Watchmen)

- It's all over for Snyder. Maybe TV will hire him? CSI: The Moon? The Mentalist: The Early Years

Alex