Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

10 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I bet you demonstrated that to yourself quite conclusively during Fifty Shades of Grey! 

Actually she liked doing it while with a Big Bang Theory DVD playing. Now this was playing dirty because that show is a real turn-off!

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Why do you think that I assume that I'm the only one who liked it? That's ridiculous, Steef!

Well the overall opinion seems to render Nolan's point moot since a lot of people did like, appreciate, and understand it on the several levels it was playing at the time of the original release.  Not sure what Nolan is getting at.

14 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

I don't know what kind of stuff Lee is smoking. The guy in the Bond pic looks nothing like Dev Patel (the guy playing Raj in The Big Bang Theory).

I think the side parting, the blazer and the posture are the similarities I noticed most. 

I believe Raj's actual dad in Big Bang made the "they all look the same to me" joke himself one time when he was talking about the white male cast members. Incidentally he looks absolutely nothing like Raj. 

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Both the guy in the 007 pic and Raj's father have appeared in Star Trek, btw...

I find these sorts of statements utterly disgusting, how dare you be so dull. 

"It's interesting. When I had my initial meeting with Chris Nolan about doing "Man of Steel," he said to me, "'Watchmen' is a movie you made too early." Because that movie was written deep into comic-book culture, as a way of exploring the why of heroes within pop culture. "Deadpool" shows that audiences have now gotten to the point where they can understand the satire of the genre. Before that, audiences were like, "I'm not ready for that. I'm not there yet."

Lol what a silly thing to say. And not sure where he was going with the Deadpool comparison...

Completely different way! A rather superficial comparison, don't you think? Deadpool is a collection of a bunch of R-rated jokes! Watchmen is a whole other beast.

But who knows, maybe Watchmen would have fared better in the current diluted state of superheroes. But I feel like it would have been harder to make a movie like that today.

I actually agree. I liked Deadpool a lot, but its satire is mainly about making puns about superhero movies.

Watchmen was like a half serious/half satirical deconstruction of the genre. Laying bare the foundations of the genre while actually telling a very gripping story at the same time.

Dunno, when I watch Watchmen I don't really think to myself superhero movie. The current Marvel climate would have little bearing on the film if it were released today. Watchmen is what it is, it's its own thing, a freak. 

But you would probably have to pitch it to studios as a "superhero" film. And I feel like with any of those things, tighter studio control would be demanded.
 And we'd basically be getting another GotG-lite film.

But I agree, I never really considered Watchmen much of a superhero film, even as a satire. Which is why I find Nolan's comparison rather superficial.

1 hour ago, nightscape94 said:

Well the overall opinion seems to render Nolan's point moot since a lot of people did like, appreciate, and understand it on the several levels it was playing at the time of the original release.  Not sure what Nolan is getting at.

I do.