Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

On 2/26/2016 at 4:03 PM, Jay said:

That is an article merely aggregating that HitFix article from earlier this month. I'd rather watch the movie and judge it myself, rather than basing it on hearsay.

I know Snyder has his ardent fans and vitriolic detractors, but I'm on neither side. To me he's made one outstanding film, but so did George Lucas. Snyder still has it all to prove as far as I'm concerned, and that possibly might never happen at WB, or anywhere else. 

23 hours ago, Quintus said:

They should never have made this "Superman sequel" a crossover movie, nobody wanted it immediately after Man of Steel. A part of me hopes I get to say, "I told you so."

Yeah, they actually have to make a good Superman movie first.

I wonder if that is even possible. Superman isn't Batman. Watch the clip (or Man of Steel), if Superman fights, we simply see things or opponents crossing the screen in a fast straight line (usually going through a building). Visually and narratively, that's actually quite boring. However, if Batman fights (as in the final trailer) we see exciting things. We see how Batman needs agility, skills and tactics to take down his opponents. Superman's superpowers are Superman's Achilles' heel.

Alex

13 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I wonder if that is even possible. Superman isn't Batman. Watch the clip (or Man of Steel), if Superman fights, we simply see things or opponents crossing the screen in a fast straight line (usually going through a building). Visually and narratively, that's actually quite boring. However, if Batman fights (as in the final trailer) we see exciting things. We see how Batman needs agility, skills and tactics to take down his opponents. Superman's superpowers are Superman's Achilles' heel.

Alex

Indeed!  The overgrown boyscout never really engaged me. 

There's no other way to level the playing field between Batman and Superman.  Kryptonite has always been Batman's weapon (and his locked-away contingency) for Superman.

Even his big dumb metal suit from the trailers wouldn't do much against a guy who flies through skyscrapers and rips tanks apart.

The movie has hit the tracking boards; early predictions that BvS will gross $120 million - $140 million on its opening weekend.

'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' eyes massive $120 Million-Plus Debut

'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' Could Soar to $140M Debut

'Batman v Superman' Eyeing $140 Million Debut

'Batman v Superman' Hits Tracking Boards: Looks to Rule World with $300M-$340M

The fact that it's tracking this high this early indicates it'll likely blow past those numbers.

If the writing guns they brought in on this did their job, I can't see how it won't be a big improvement over the last film.  That really was the only thing wrong with it.

I care fuckall about Supeman or anyone else in this flick, I just hope it's a good portrayal of Batman. I don't really like the suit, hate the car and robot suit (I've just accepted that they'll never give Batman designs I approve of ever again), but Affleck seems cool in the role.

I'm not so sure. This midnight ticket sounds quite suspicious...

I nominate that the Church of Nolan expel him before he spreads the disease!

8 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Brother Karol is too strong in the True Faith.  He is going merely to observe. 

Right, Brother Karol?

I am weak, and I have sinful thoughts. Forgive me, brother.

But Alexandre is right. I will try to do my duty, and infiltarate Church of Snyder. Hopefully. I can remain strong enough.

Karol

On March 7, 2016 at 7:00 PM, crocodile said:

Booked a midnight ticket for this. I will probably regret this.

Karol

Try not to get shot like last time!

Can't he be banned?  And then can't we institute a policy which makes the forum invisible to non-members and requires new members to undergo a thorough probationary period with tough sanctions?

I don't see the point in making the forum invisible to outsiders. If anything it would turn JWFan even more into a ghetto. But yeah, a separate subforum where new posters can be vetted wouldn't be bad, requiring like a minimum of 10 posts. JohnnyWilliamsFan.

2 hours ago, Sharky said:

I don't see the point in making the forum invisible to outsiders.

People shouldn't just have free access to the musical insights shared here!