Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

15 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Cast looks great. It has the right director. Just hope the script is decent.

They delayed the movie so Chris Terrio could overhaul David Goyer's screenplay. None of the lines so far are as cringeworthy as MOS's.

Goyer's always been inconsistent with his screenplays from movie to movie or even within a movie.  I know nothing of Terrio outside of Argo, but I agree that I haven't heard anything in the dialogue to set off any alarms.  That's one of the only things keeping me slightly interested in this over-stuffed project.  Since he was just a writer-for-hire on this, in a way I feel bad for Terrio having to make some kind of sense out of this thing.

It was much better than I initially thought from the Batman Begins trailers.  It's intro scene with Lucius and Bruce was fun, and it was pretty badass in the film.  But they don't need to leach off of it for the new DCU.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

Caill has the perfect Superman look, but he was just OK in Man Of Steel.

He was the perfect casting choice, at least when judging his other work. The actor has good charisma that could have worked quite well with the role, but you see none of that on screen. Same cast with the rest of the cast. The perfect ensemble, but strangely completely drained of chemistry for this picture...

Cavill is not really a good actor, I know that now, but I liked him in The Tudors, especially when he started to doubt his king. It was then that I thought he would make a good Supes. However, there is something very light-weighted about him. Most actors will be able to blow him off the screen.

The-Tudors-2_zpsydlbvoou.jpg

I'm not so sure. I think he needs the right project to really judge his acting chops.

MoS displayed the whole cast at its worst, aside from maybe Russell Crowe and Michael Shannon. Even Amy Adams was pretty lame.

Yes, but like Jason says, he wasn't really good in The Man From Uncle either. I agree. Also, I've seen him in other movies too and that's why I wrote my previous post. You think MOS is the problem, but it isn't.

48 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Wut?

WB locked him in for at least 2(?) more Batman films, which he will direct. His writer on Argo was brought in to rewrite Dawn Of Justice. It's clear that they're giving him a huge stake over the franchise. I think Affleck is a good filmmaker, but obviously not the same for Snyder. 

30 minutes ago, KK. said:

He was the perfect casting choice, at least when judging his other work. The actor has good charisma that could have worked quite well with the role, but you see none of that on screen. Same cast with the rest of the cast. The perfect ensemble, but strangely completely drained of chemistry for this picture...

It's cause Snyder is a shit director. 

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

I didn't like him in the Man from UNCLE movie

Completely disagree. I thought he was great there. 

8 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Cavill is not really a good actor, I know that now, but I liked him in The Tudors, especially when he started to doubt his king. It was then that I thought he would make a good Supes. However, there is something very light-weighted about him. Most actors will be able to blow him off the screen.

The-Tudors-2_zpsydlbvoou.jpg

I remember his and Crowe's interview on Graham Norton back when they were promoting MOS, and the difference in charisma between the two was overwhelming

Crowe is also the one who is more appealing in MOS. Then again, I'm pretty sure the fans will say that Supes wasn't meant to be appealing in MOS. Sigh ....

16 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Well, that would fit with the rest of the film. There's nothing appealing about Man of Steel

Not even this?

;)

On 1/18/2016 at 11:43 PM, Stefancos said:

The Incredible Hulk has fans?

I prefer the Ang Lee one. While it's nothing great or really even very good, at least it's different. It sticks out like a sore thumb among the Marvel films because I guess they really were trying to make a sort of psychological thriller with serious performances? But yeah, the other one wasn't even worth watching.

1 hour ago, E.T. and Elliot said:

I prefer the Ang Lee one. While it's nothing great or really even very good, at least it's different. It sticks out like a sore thumb among the Marvel films because I guess they really were trying to make a sort of psychological thriller with serious performances? But yeah, the other one wasn't even worth watching.

It doesn't really live up to its ambition but at least it has ambition.  The Incredible Hulk is just safe and dull.  

On 1/23/2016 at 5:54 PM, E.T. and Elliot said:

the Ang Lee one is not worth watching at all. It's only real claim to fame is poor Nick Nolte being arrested in costume and forever looking like a homeless person.

T