Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

What does Del Toro have to do with making this a trilogy? What does Del Toro have to do with the entire recasting of Azog? What does Del Toro have to do with rearranging the plot in the few months before the film premiere? Del Toro dropped out in 2010! Not sure why you brought him up...

Of course improvements and problems are to be expected in big projects, but this has been a recurring problem in PJ'S work. From RotK, every film has suffered this same situation. This just points to the fact that PJ is no longer a very efficient film-maker. A genius, he can be, when it comes to crafting great set pieces and works of art, but like all good artists, he needs restraints to help filter his imagination. Which is what made FotR and the LOTR trilogy as a whole so great. When given total freedom with budget and time, PJ struggles to effectively portray his ideas on screen, which is why these two films have been as messy as they are.

I'm no hater. PJ used to be one of my favourite directors. RotK is my favourite LotR film and one of my favourite films of all time (and this is often peoples' least favourite of the trilogy). I really enjoyed King Kong when others here may not have.

But I'm not going to fanboyishly defend every little thing with the Hobbit just because its a continuation of what I loved so much from 10 years ago. These films have flaws, I've just come to accept them.

I'm sorry, but you just come across as an entitled fanboy who knows better then the pro's and will forever be pissed of that he didn't get the film he wanted.

You, Inky, BB etc. and for years now.

I have far less issues with the 2 Hobbit films then I have with the almost unending stream of negative bullshit that you guys have been pouring out when it comes to the Hobbbit.

Why are you people even watching these films if you are gonna hate them?

Sigh.

I don't hate AUJ, I like it. I don't even hate DoS (but I'm liking it less amd less as time goes by). And I'm definitely looking forward to the final installment.

We watch these films because they're based on characters and stories we've come to love. We rant because our love for these stories makes the flaws and missed opportunities all the more frustrating.

And I wouldn't be writing so much if I wasn't being provoked so much! In fact this would have stopped with Steef's comment about PJ's creativity, if SUH hadn't demanded more. ;)

I'm sorry, but you just come across as an entitled fanboy who knows better then the pro's and will forever be pissed of that he didn't get the film he wanted.

You, Inky, BB etc. and for years now.

I have far less issues with the 2 Hobbit films then I have with the almost unending stream of negative bullshit that you guys have been pouring out when it comes to the Hobbbit.

Why are you people even watching these films if you are gonna hate them?

Please don't act like you never did that with the SW prequels. That's unbecoming of you!

Hobbit > ... > SW Prequels

Anyway, any news on the presentation, or do I have to read pages of bickering (again)?

He hates and loves the Hobbit, like he hates and loves himself. He will never be rid of his need for it!

Oddly enough, this isn't all that far from the truth!

No news.

Howard shaved man!

Really? Never noticed!

No one said deliberately! And certainly no one is trying to paint Jackson as an antagonist. But his decisions do have indirect consequences, not only on Shore, but I'm sure various other teams had a hard time (sound, visual effects, etc).

And I still defend the idea that these films could have done well as 2 films, rather than a trilogy (a decision that Peter Jackson and co made).

What about some end credits song news? Is this thing going to be planned in advance this time, or will they just drag the nearest street artist into a studio again when the release date draws near?

Optimism?

Can this be true?

Wicked! Tricksey! False!

Oh stop being so negative Stefan! Don't pour your hatred and malice here where we celebrate continually the magnificence of what PJ and his film making team of geniuses have accomplished!

Well, you'll just to have to keep on imagining how it would sound like, because it's not going to happen!

I do. Although I am imagining Kaitlyn Lusk more. She does have a great voice and she is part of the LotR family in a sense as she has been part of these tours of the live performances.

First Save Famke and now Bring Back Ed. Do your manipulations know no bounds?

11 years and two Hobbit movies passed, and they still ask about LotR.

That dude should have filmed more of the Shore/Adams discussion instead of showing us his pimply face gushing about the older, quiet gentleman.

They are obviously going through the "Schindler's List anecdote" phase where they have to tell these same things every time they discuss even a hint of LotR like with the Hobbit promotion. I would have liked to hear more about the Hobbit scores though. But then again not everyone at the Comic Con are so deep LotR/Hobbit score fans as many of us here and they had to keep the discussion rooted in LotR.