Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

I really wonder how he'll be able to cope with the seriously bizarre continuity that George Lucas has tried to change over the past decade. Does Abrams start fresh from the 1983 version? Does he consider the last Blu-Ray release has the definitive version? Special editions? There's somehow a lot of difference in terms of what you can do in a future movie based on those kind of decisions. What is canon and what is not, he will have to take decisions that go above what Lucas decided before him.

They say that the original trilogy has the 70's feel, and the prequels, has the 50's feel; so does this mean that the new trilogy will have a 90's feel?

Rebel Alliance also has their own sale:

falcon.jpg

bed-shaped-like-the-millennium-falcon-fr

Lady looks like Leia not included.

Somewhere, some nerd will finally bring a lady home and live his dream of making the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.....

More rumblings that Disney/Lucasfilm is considering a December 2015 opening. Sounds odd that if it's true, Disney is eyeing a December 15 spot (which is a Tuesday). I'd figure they'd want to break the December opening weekend record and keep it a Friday release.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/08/19/how-star-wars-episode-viis-release-date-might-make-history/

strange...

this will then mean the 3d project for the saga has been cancelled? i mean...it would be a waste of money to transfer the new episodes to 3d...when you can shot them like that before hand...

Yes I believe the 3D conversions have been cancelled.

I'm somewhat concerned about having all these characters return. I can see the 3 main ones and the droids, perhaps Chewie, but not the rest.

Well maybe Lando has a place in the new regime.

No. It is far cheaper to shoot 2D and convert them later.

Also, I think Abrams isn't too hot on the whole 3D thing. The 3D on Star Trek into Darkness was pretty much put upon him by the studio. Of that movie, Abrams has said he intended to shoot the best-looking film possible for 2D, then offer the 3D version for people who want the "hot sauce" version of the movie.

It's still surprising though, since for a while, Disney seemed intent to release pretty much everything they could in 3D. I was actually slightly surprised to find The Lone Ranger was 2D.

• 2 weeks later...

well he more or less fits with the casting roles rumored:

"A young man aged between 20 and 25, witty and smart, fit but not classically handsome;"

"A man of around thirty or so, this one is an intellectual type."