TTT & ROTK Complete Recordings Speculation

Patience people. I know that does not sound very convincing coming from me but FotR CR has really been a good way to alleviate my LotR music hysteria. :D I am willing to wait and give them time to craft the best release possible. And it is only another 8 months max.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK now that I said (and wrote it) out loud 8 months seems a long time to wait :cry: Bugger that is a long time! Must keep calm and listen to the Shore's SUN and other scores. Must keep calm. Everything is going to be alright. :D

I thought RotK was already supposed to be out by the end of the year?

8 more months seems like a long wait now for "just" TTT.

- Marc, who on the other hand does indeed need to recover from other purchases. :D

According to Doug Adams the FOTR release is still a very strong sell and they do not want to disrupt that by bringing a second release on the market to soon.

Not to mention that both TTT and ROTK both require a lot of work.

I don't mind the wait, if it means we are getting a high quality product in return.

I was really excited we would be getting the full trilogy within a year, though.

But hey, a year longer is not that bad. We've had longer waits. *cough* Indy *cough*

• 3 months later...
Doug Adams]Ok gang,

I’m just back in town now. I’ll dig into questions tonight in earnest, but for now a quick—and yes, important!—update. A couple of key people had to be away this week on personal business, so while there won’t yet be an official statement in the press, Howard just called to ask me to let you know that…

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers – The Complete Recordings will be available in late October, 2006.

So spread the word. You’ve got less than three months to wait now!

Back later,

-Doug

TTBK, ;)

LOTR music is treated well and done right. High-quality product, fine compilation of ALL music, and released in a healthy period of time after the movies have been released.

Why can't JW's Star Wars music get that same treatment...........it is the music that ignited my love for soundtracks, and classical music in general (starting at age 2)........

$#@!ing George Lucas and Sony Classical

Now that my daily star wars rant is off my chest, time for a 180 in my mood................GREAT NEWS!!!! I can't wait to hear this complete recording, and this means we're even closer to the grand finale of the ROTK complete score!!!

Excellent! Can't wait.

Now for RotK!

But then, what's to look forward to after that gets released?

I'm not sure if anyone has seen the news but Doug Adams posted this on MovieMusic.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers – The Complete Recordings will be available in late October, 2006

*can't speak*

... but I can still write :)

I knew it would be out sooner, I knew it! At least there are some people who don't let fans wait because they want a share of the big christmas cake.

Ah I didn't see this thread...if I had I would have posted the news here...but it looks like some have all ready seen it. :)

Edit: Now if only Sony would take a page out of the LOTR book and release the Prequel Trilogy as their complete original recordings just like these.

Ah, but no, they couldn't. It would be like an admission of guilt, and their products would be called knock- offs!  :P

But they did it with TPM before LOTR.

But they did it with TPM before LOTR.

But TPM UE isn't even close to the standards of these Complete Recordings. Releasing AotC and RotS in a similar package would mean they had to redo TPM.

Sony probably wouldn't even bother to re-do TPM.

They would issue a press release that states that AOTC and ROTS would be joining the TPM Ultimate Edition as the true representation of Williams' music and just repackage TUE and re-release it with the other 2 scores.

and thus we will miss the only non-tracked-music-from-other movie-and-complete-on-its-first-reel prequel score, and a true masterpiece :)

WOuld very good to have the Complete AOTC and ROTS though...

But TPM UE isn't even close to the standards of these Complete Recordings.

It's the music from the movie in chronological order. So, to me it's the same thing.

But it isn't all the music that Williams wrote, presented in the order that it was intended, and given a lavish release by people who love the music as much as the fans do.

So to me, there's a difference. :)

But TPM UE isn't even close to the standards of these Complete Recordings.

It's the music from the movie in chronological order. So, to me it's the same thing.

Don't get me started on how very wrong you are.

Oh yeah.

On one hand, we have a release that actually gives us more music than there was in the actual film. And on the other hand, we have a release for which music editors seemingly didn't work at all and present us the music track from the film with all edits, tracking and hacking untouched.

I wonder which one's the better buy ...

Plus, where TPM gives us a booklet full of colourful but useless pictures to up the price a bit, FOTR provides a booklet filled not with photos, but with score excerpts and detailed analysis.

But enough with this shameless rant :)

The booklet for FOTR is nice because of how many themes are present, but as far as the music goes, what I love about this release and TPM UE is that it's the music as it's present in the film.

Sounds fine to me. I can only tell where it's edited in one single place, and that's only because I was told that it was. I don't see how it's "butchered".

Sounds fine to me.   I can only tell where it's edited in one single place, and that's only because I was told that it was.  I don't see how it's "butchered".

I don't usually flat out tell people they are wrong when I don't see eye to eye with them. But you really are very, very wrong. :P

Anyway - hurray for Complete TTT! Discuss.

But I have to admit not to wait one second to buy an UE for Ep2/3 if such a thing existed with the same problems the TPM UE has.

Anyway - hurray for Complete TTT! Discuss.

Just a stepping stone to the complete RotK in my book. There's only a handful of cues I really care about. Still looking forward to getting it, though.

Sounds fine to me.   I can only tell where it's edited in one single place, and that's only because I was told that it was.  I don't see how it's "butchered".

:thumbup:ROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAO

:|