The CD most missing in my JW collection

Morlock

I no no one will be able to hlp me, but I have to try.

I am desperatly looking for the Witches of Eastwick OST, and don't have $150 to spend.

This is a score that deserves so much more recognition than it's ever gotten.

The main theme IMO is one of JW's very best. Generaly, I think he really shines when he enters that Prokofiev area.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Towering Inferno (FSM edition)

Empire Strikes Back (Varese Sarabande/Gerhardt conducting) - I have pending orders at 4 e-shops since 1999 and 2000 respectively

Williams On Williams and Pops On Broadway - same peripeteia as with Empire.

One of the providers at which I ordered Williams on Williams and Pops on Broadway sent me an e-mail notification just about half a year ago where I was notified that CD versions of these two particular CDs were deleted from their catalogue, but that it's still in their powers to get me Mini Discs of these two titles and so if I wouldn't mind taking them instead. So also because of this I accepted their offer and ordered the MDs, I bought MD player last year in December afterwards, which I had ultimately been planning to do for a while, and 3 weeks ago I got yet another notification that they're really sorry but MDs were removed from the catalogue as well. Anyway, they didn't offer me trying my luck with tapes, maybe they already understood they'd run out of the stockpiles the minute after I've placed my order...

But, what would our lives be worth had it been possible to obtain anything we want...?

Roman.-)

Indiana Jones and the temple of doom. I did not like the movie so I

assumed I was not going to like the soundtrack. I HELD IT IN MY HANDS many times but always left the store without it. Never have I seen it since.

The Towering Inferno (FSM edition)

Empire Strikes Back (Varese Sarabande/Gerhardt conducting) - I have pending orders at 4 e-shops since 1999 and 2000 respectively

Williams On Williams and Pops On Broadway - same peripeteia as with Empire.

One of the providers at which I ordered Williams on Williams and Pops on Broadway sent me an e-mail notification  just about half a year ago where I was notified that CD versions of these two particular CDs were deleted from their catalogue, but that it's still in their powers to get me Mini Discs of these two titles and so if I wouldn't mind taking them instead. So also because of this I accepted their offer and ordered the MDs, I bought MD player last year in December afterwards, which I had ultimately been planning to do for a while, and 3 weeks ago I got yet another notification that they're really sorry but MDs were removed from the catalogue as well. Anyway, they didn't offer me trying my luck with tapes, maybe they already understood they'd run out of the stockpiles the minute after I've placed my order...

But, what would our lives be worth had it been possible to obtain anything we want...?

Roman.-)

If you want, I can probably get some of those at retail at local CD stores. They've had them there for years. Let me know. 8O

I've seen copies of Williams on Williams and That's Entertainment: Pops on Broadway kicked around for a few years now. Pops On Broadway very cheap... $7.99 if I recall correctly. Williams On Williams probably retail (which around here is $12-18 depending on store or sale).

There is also a good chance I could find the Gerhardt ESB one as well. I actually have 2 copies of that one... BUT they have artwork & liner note variations so I must be a hog and keep both. :-P

Morlock,

Try eBay for "W.O.E". I've seen some on there go for as little as $50 or so.

If you are anywhere near Pittsburgh, you might want to try a store called "Record Shop" or "Record Town" or something like that. It's not a chain, it's a huge used cd warehouse. They had about 2,000 soundtracks on sale USED. Thats where I found my copy of "W.O.E" for $30. They didn't have any others, but they might have some now since that was two years ago. Hey, ya never know. Sorry about not remembering the exact name of the store but it definately had the work "Record" in it. There aren't that many of them around Pgh. I got the number from info asking about used cd stores, and I asked each store the names of other stores in the area. I did a big score hunt that day!

:)

- John

Star Wars A New Hope.  

Justin -Let the beatings begin....

Scratch that. ANH should been here soon. ;)

Justin -Givin' a shout out to Scissorhands! :)

Yeah, get the Witches DVD. It's like 15 bucks or something and has an isolated score. It won't be edited nicely for listening (it changes volume sometimes according to the final mix) and there are large spaces, but it's there.

I'm missing Schindler's List. My mom has it, so it's been around the house, but now that I'm in a dorm, I don't have access to it.

Star Wars A New Hope.  

Justin -Let the beatings begin....

Scratch that. ANH should been here soon. :)

I do not have this "ANH" anywhere in my collection. Is it any good? What is it? I don't recall Williams ever scoring a film called "ANH". Do you mean A.I.?

Neil

IndySolo, ANH stands for A New Hope, the very first Star Wars movie :)
Oh, you mean Star Wars? That's the first Star Wars movie. Is this "ANH" some sort of bastardization of a film classic, conceived by a maniacal director and shoved down an unsuspecting publics throat? If so, count me out. I'll just enjoy Star Wars.

Neil

just bought Far & Away and the missouri breaks yesterday :)

I miss the accidental tourist and towering inferno (but they are easy to find here)

I've seen a CD somewhere last year... on a Fnac or Virgin...

The DVD has also been released here... does it contain any seperate music track ?

Accidental Tourist? EASY to find? Dude, buy them all and make them available to us here. Many of these poor souls (including King Mark, who regretfully took his back because it was boring... ;) ) don't have it!!! :)

I have it, but it was a pain for me to hunt down. I (oddly enough) got it in a lot with WOE. A great double score for me a few years ago. :)

And about the WOE iso score.... it doesn't contain the best cue in the film: "The Ballroom Scene". It was replaced by worthless operatic source music (kidding about the worthless part, LOL). You'll need the bboot, the OST, or a Boston Pops CD with a slightly alternate version of it. It's one of Williams' best "love" compositions, IMO.

PS- My most missing score is still the OST to Yes Giorgio. I have it on factory cassette, a Mint/NM LP, and a really sweet CD-R of the CD, but I need a pressed copy. :)

Nobody should be missing any scores listed in the John Williams top 10.

The last time I checked, all of them should be readily available at retail in any decent shopping mall CD store, or cheaper than that on ebay. When I was missing legit discs, ebay plugged many holes in my collection, and all below retail. (Well... with the exception of Accidental Tourist and Witches Of Eastwick, which I had to buy in a lot with about 12 other Williams CDs that I already had, and I got a great deal on those too because some of them were rare and some had neat variations.)

Shame on you all! Missing anything in the Williams top 10 and you should be banned until you have them all!

(I'm kidding about the banned part, but STILL!! :D)

Oh, you mean Star Wars ? That's the first Star Wars movie. Is this "ANH" some sort of bastardization of a film classic, conceived by a maniacal director and shoved down an unsuspecting publics throat? If so, count me out. I'll just enjoy Star Wars .  

Err, no that's ANH the special edition. :D

I'm missing . . . Far & Away.

:D

Ray Barnsbury

I second that!

I don't have Far and Away, but to paraphrase Office Space, I woudn't say I'm exactly missing it. :-p (Irish music like that bugs me, so I have really no desire to own this score.)

I'm missing The Fury

--> me :thumbup: <-- Merkel

You really should buy Immediadly this wonderful score !

PBL ROTFLMAO the Fury

The Fury? Star Wars? Far & Away? TOD? CE3K???

Damn! You guys are missing some CLASSIC Williams scores! Those all are must-haves! Get them or be banned! LOL

Accidental Tourist and Towering Inferno one can live without. ROTFLMAO

-Chris, Who likes Towering Inferno, but threw that in for Joe... :thumbup:

Nasty Chris, but you need correction.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is in the JW top 10 and is not available anymore. Hook is becoming harder and harder to find.

Hmm I'm also missing Jaws.  

you don't like it anyways, at least when talking about the film.

I'm missing Williams's old comedy scores from the 60', Heart beeps, and a whole bunch of hard to get titles (though I have Witches of Eastwick on CD-R which I'm so glad ROTFLMAO ). By the way did any of you visit the Rarescores site when it was still open? There were many rare hard to find scores there "available for down load for listen and examination ROTFLMAO ". I didn't get Black Sunday or Space Camp in time before it was closed :thumbup: but I got many other titles.

I've seen copies of Williams on Williams and That's Entertainment: Pops on Broadway kicked around for a few years now. Pops On Broadway very cheap... $7.99 if I recall correctly. Williams On Williams probably retail (which around here is $12-18 depending on store or sale).

Chris, this would be terrific if you could help me fill up the gaps in my collection. These are the two titles I'm hungry for the most, especially Williams On Williams. Email me your vision of settling up all the expenses it'll cost you + you'll receive a thank-you gift along with money from me eventually. I could get you some CDs as well, mostly renowned rarer classical stuff with Czech Philharmonic Orchestra among others, or if getting narration-free version of Angela's Ashes had long been your goal, I could get this pretty quick and in an unlimited amount if you want. Just send me a note, if you wouldn't mind... I'll be game to all you may suggest...

Thank you.

Roman.-)

Nasty Chris, but you need correction.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is in the JW top 10 and is not available anymore.  Hook is becoming harder and harder to find.

Yes, both are OOP, but you can occasionally find them kicking around.

It's a shame that Raiders is so hard to find... but it gives the "powers that be" a reason to give us the complete one... along with it's prequel and sequel. ;)

I'm missing Williams's old comedy scores from the 60',  Heart beeps, and a whole bunch of hard to get titles (though I have Witches of Eastwick on CD-R which I'm so glad :P ). By the way did any of you visit the Rarescores site when it was still open? There were many rare hard to find scores there "available for down load for listen and examination ;) ". I didn't get Black Sunday or Space Camp in time before it was closed ;)  but I got many other titles.

Is Heartbeeps sold out? It was on Varese's website wasn't it? Or did I miss the report of it's sellout?

BTW... Press my webpage button to check out my collection of OOP Williams titles... (whistling...)

The only two CDs that I'm missing that have seen a legit release to include Varese, FSM etc as well are The Accidental Tourist and Spacecamp, although I do have CDRs of them. I had at one time the Gerdhardt re-recordings and alot of the Boston Pops cds but I've gotten rid of alot of them due to the release of the complete versions and the non related Williams material on the Boston Pops cds.