Danny Elfman's BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE (2024)

Jay

"The juice is loose!" 😄

Never thought I would hear an epic, trailerized version of the Banana Boat song but here we are. 

Can't judge anything, good or bad from that teaser.  But I like to think if Keaton got on board with this, it has serious potential.

3 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

To be fair though... he was also "on board" with The Flash and we all know how that turned out.

I'm well aware my take is pure cope 😅

He, he. That didn't quite do it for me. It's just the theme performed with samples. Not quite "epic", but I know what you mean. Is the original theme a 'tarantela'? I've always wondered how it would sound like in an EDM format. Sacrilege, I know, but just curious.

Either way, looking forward to a fuller trailer with a variation on that theme.

9 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Karol

Sue me, but I liked it. 

The Elfman theme has been used in so many trailers over the last 35 years that it’s too cliche for this movie.

It looks like what I expected.  Hopefully it’s just some weird supernatural comedy and not nostalgia diarrhea like the Ghostbusters revival.

2 hours ago, mstrox said:

The Elfman theme has been used in so many trailers over the last 35 years that it’s too cliche for this movie.

It looks like what I expected.  Hopefully it’s just some weird supernatural comedy and not nostalgia diarrhea like the Ghostbusters revival.

By all accounts known to me, we should be safe this time around. This is going to be a straight up sequel with no reboot elements of any kind. (I’m sure, too, after his experience on POTA, Burton’s now allergic to the very notion of reboot, lol.) 

21 hours ago, TSMefford said:

To be fair though... he was also "on board" with The Flash and we all know how that turned out.

I really liked the movie! :) Although Michael Keaton's Batman and Sasha Calle's Supergirl arguably stole the show from the title character halfway into the flick...

Yavar

3 hours ago, Bayesian said:

(I’m sure, too, after his experience on POTA, Burton’s now allergic to the very notion of reboot, lol.) 

I remember Burton eschewing the word "reboot" in favour of "reimagining" when promoting POTA... But no matter what word you use, it was a dud. lol

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

It had some problems, for sure, but it also had some spectacular elements that saved it for me -- the production design, the make-up, the performances of Tim Roth and Helena Bonham-Carter (in particular) and an amazing Elfman score. That's enough for me to give it a thumbs up.

That's fair. And yeah, I always have time to see Rick Baker work his make-up magic on apes, which he loves to do.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

It had some problems, for sure, but it also had some spectacular elements that saved it for me -- the production design, the make-up, the performances of Tim Roth and Helena Bonham-Carter (in particular) and an amazing Elfman score. That's enough for me to give it a thumbs up.

Exactly. I can easily forgive the flying hair dryer.

• 2 weeks later...