The La-La Land Black Friday 2023 thread

So nothing indicates that the Dec 12 release is something from Williams and Matessino, right? Though we do know (by Roger) that there are two JW/MM Intrada albums coming even though we don't know exactly when, correct?

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

It seems to me that Nightbreed is the most likely candidate, since Roger previously posted in May that Nightbreed was coming soon.

Which I want as well.  But it might have to wait until 2024.  Still thinking about Quartet’s Cliffhanger too. 

9 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

So nothing indicates that the Dec 12 release is something from Williams and Matessino, right?

Right.

9 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Though we do know (by Roger) that there are two JW/MM Intrada albums coming even though we don't know exactly when, correct?

Roger mentioned one only, actually, then later Doug said Mike was working on two.

Otherwise yes, correct.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Which I want as well.  But it might have to wait until 2024.  Still thinking about Quartet’s Cliffhanger too. 

The LLL/Quartet Cliffhanger sounds better than the Intrada one, if you have that.  Neil did an awesome job with that expansion!

I’ve never heard Cliffhanger in any form, nor have I seen the film. Sometimes I have trouble carving out time to see if a score I’m completely unfamiliar with is worth a buy.  The only Trevor Jones score I have heard is Dark Crystal.  Hopefully the 1000 copies last long enough. 

I'd recommend seeing the film before investing in the complete score expansion.  It's not only a fun film, but the music makes a nice impact, especially in the opening titles.

47 minutes ago, Jay said:

The LLL/Quartet Cliffhanger sounds better than the Intrada one, if you have that. 

I recall there were complaints with the synths or mixing thereof on the Intrada.

What happened was the element Intrada was given for Cliffhanger only had the raw multitrack, so Doug had to make a brand new stereo mix from that.

When Neil made his version, he had the original 1993 mixes and built an entirely new program from that.

15 hours ago, Andy said:

I’ve never heard Cliffhanger in any form, nor have I seen the film. Sometimes I have trouble carving out time to see if a score I’m completely unfamiliar with is worth a buy.  The only Trevor Jones score I have heard is Dark Crystal.  Hopefully the 1000 copies last long enough. 

Here you go. If you don't like this suite, you won't like the score. 

I'm really tempted to order some of these, but importing CDs to Europe is risky (stuff gets lost or delayed all the time) and has become prohibitively expensive... and the only online store delivering within the EU I could find is even more expensive and has a questionable approach to customer service (withholding orders for ages when one of the items is out of stock, and eventually informing that they will include the – already paid for – missing CD in one of the customer's potential future orders, for instance).

Does anyone of you know a better option for within the EU?

47 minutes ago, paleo said:

Does anyone of you know a better option for within the EU?

I sometimes use Soundtrackcorner.de. Takes forever until he gets the discs (as you would anyway if you ordered directly from the publisher), but when it's in stock, shipping is reasonably fast.

6 hours ago, FunnyML said:

I sometimes use Soundtrackcorner.de. Takes forever until he gets the discs (as you would anyway if you ordered directly from the publisher), but when it's in stock, shipping is reasonably fast.

Thanks; I'll check this out