Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom appreciation thread (film & score)

Jurassic Shark

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

So is Suicide Squad 

I had to look it up... Best Makeup and Hairstyling. If that movie deserved any Oscar, it would be that one, so I guess I can't be mad.

Temple of Doom has issues. However it KICKS ASS! Its Spielberg at his crazy creative best!  He directs the hell out of this movie. The set pieces are incredible.  And its entertaining as hell. Not in The same league as Raiders , but its totally different , however still feels like a Indiana Jones movie. The Score is just brilliant. Its my second favourite   Indy movie. It annoys me when it is looked down on in the media as the bad one! 

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

If you want scary, visit the DoD disenchantment thread. 

image.gif

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I miss scary Indiana Jones. 

IMG_3551.jpeg

This isn't scary enough for you?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And the bit where Mola Ram reaches into the guys chest and when it heals. 

But all that was in the version I watched at the cinema last week 😁

We showed this to my kid last week, and she was not traumatized by the sacrifice scene.  She seemed ready to roll right into Last Crusade.  Definitely a bigger hit with her than Raiders.

I hadn’t seen it in a few decades but loved it.

On 13/3/2024 at 5:18 PM, mstrox said:

Eight years old - just about the right maturity to understand them.  Whenever we get to DoD, it’ll be the first time for all of us.

Well, I wouldn’t show ToD to my eight-year-old, I think it’s way too scary for a young child, but I guess we’re different. But if you say she wasn’t traumatized by it, then I guess it’s all right. I wish I hadn’t seen some of the films I did when I was still too young, because some of them were too scary and gave me nightmares. Truth be told I watched them on my own, not with my parents.

On 13/3/2024 at 5:20 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

She'll love it!

Yep, DoD is perfect for a child. :)

8 hours ago, JTN said:

Well, I wouldn’t show ToD to my eight-year-old, I think it’s way too scary for a young child, but I guess we’re different. But if you say she wasn’t traumatized by it, then I guess it’s all right. I wish I hadn’t seen some of the films I did when I was still too young, because some of them were too scary and gave me nightmares. Truth be told I watched them on my own, not with my parents.

I was born in 1984, and I wore our tape of TOD out before I was six!  But I’d say she’s mature for her age in that sense.  I read her scary books that are a bit above her age, we show her some PG-13 movies.  We’re more hesitant with realistic violence and guns than we are with cartoonish stuff like what happens in the temple.

7 hours ago, phbart said:

Here's an interesting article about all the cuts that were demanded for the UK theatrical release

That's the exact article I checked my facts with before I posted!

10 hours ago, phbart said:

Here's an interesting article about all the cuts that were demanded for the UK theatrical release...

https://melonfarmers.co.uk/bbfc_cuts_temple_of_doom.htm

Oh yeah, it's been so long since I watched the UK cut, forgot about the other bits. Thanks for sharing made for a very interesting read.