Azkaban trailer has arrived (music sound Williams for me...)

Bart

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Williams somehow knows of this board and the JWfans,then he felt bad because we had nothing to talk about,so he decided to compose one minute and a half of film music to tie us over till next year.

K.M. 8O

Well it IS John Williams after all.

Generally British actors are more convincing playing British characters then Americans playing British characters.

Also, Great Britain has somany wonderfull actors that there really is no need to use American actors.

Stefancos- who thinks so far the casting for these films has been flawless.

Well I basically agree with all those points. I just feel a total lockout of non-Brtiish actors is extreme thats all.

However, as you said in the end the casting was really well done.

-Rogue Leader who is still VERY PISSED that he will never get to see Harris as Dumbledore again or in any other movie. :cry:

I thought the adult actors are absolutely flawless in choices (I'll never get over Kenneth Branaugh's wonderful portrayal as Gilderoy Lockhart), but I think some of the child actors *cough*DANIEL RADCLIFFE*cough* are a bit weak.

but I think some of the child actors *cough*DANIEL RADCLIFFE*cough* are a bit weak.

I think he's perfect.

I found this on the web:

A memorable scene in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the second film in the trilogy, was set against the backdrop of the Glenfinnan Viaduct, and featured the Jacobite Steam Train. The forthcoming third film, Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, also includes scenes in Scottish locations.

and:

Filming of the second Harry Potter book, 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets' took place in September 2001 with 'Hogwarts Express' calling at Glenfinnan. Pupils from Lochaber High School were dressed in wizard robes as pupils of Hogwarts Castle, the School for Wizards.

The deleted scene with Harry looking over a lake (which opens the CoS trailer) is also at Glenfinnan. I found a picture of the Glenfinnan monument (which is on the side of this lake) and wondered if Tolkien took his inspiration for the pinacles within a stone ring from this location...?

overview.jpg

Glenfinnan monument

railx.jpg

Glenfinnan railway station

viaduct450.jpg

Glennfinnan viaduct

He was very flat in Chamber of Secrets.

Justin -Hoping he improves with time. :)

well,i hope they can ACT this time around.In PS the kids were kind of clueless about whats going on and that made it kind of funny to see them struggle with their lines,but in the second film it was just lame.

K.M.

He was very flat in Chamber of Secrets.

Justin -Hoping he improves with time. :)

well,i hope they can ACT this time around.In PS the kids were kind of clueless about whats going on and that made it kind of funny to see them struggle with their lines,but in the second film it was just lame.

K.M.

Well they're kids, which I know you'll yell at me for.

If only Maculey Culkin never grew up. or perhaps Pauly Shore....

In PS the kids were kind of clueless about whats going on and that made it kind of funny to see them struggle with their lines,but in the second film it was just lame.  

that never happened, when did history rewrite itself???

OK, the reason I am not sure if the trailer is totally Williams is because that first part doesn't sound like Williams at all. It's very weak. Even if he used those chords, he would make it sound a lot fuller. It just sounds bad to me. The choral stuff could be Williams, all the clues are there, and he might have done just that last year so that they can film that part of the movie.

Now as for casting, it's been perfect, and the addition of Emma Thompson is a huge coup! Now if only Angelica Houston is brought in to play Madame Maxime, I'll be in heaven. And before anyone says that she isn't British, that should not matter since the part isn't British either, it's French, plus her Father was British and she speaks fluent french. There, where's casting, I need to talk to them!!!

I agree about the first part of the trailer,I don't think it's Williams either(the harmonic progression(is that the term?) sounds weird).But the song sounds like Williams....maybe that part was recorded recently according to Skymaker's post.

K.M.

Right, but it would have been written a while ago so that they could shoot the scene and determined what the tempo would be so that it all fits.

Those pictures really do remind of Isengard.

I do agree about the begining of the trailer...it doesn't feel like it belongs to rest of the song. I'm pretty confident is a diferent cue.

I don't know, I think those chords are Williams'.

I really think the kids did OK acting in PS. COS, is hard for me to say because that is my least favourite story line out of the series. I have high hopes for POA

Hmm, I guess Williams could have wrote it, but I doubt it. Well, it's just trailer music, perhaps he wrote it during his lunch break. :|

I've always thought Radcliffe acted a bit lifeless...

And as you all can see in those two pictures,

Rupert Grint has clearly not learned to stop making faces and for a change try to act!

I think it's williams for sure.

HPFAN_2-Who has been trying for the past several months to log on, but finally had to create a new acount.

Welcome to the boards, or welcome to the wide world of posting ont the boards i should say. Don't feel too bad, i couldn't post for a few months until Andreas helped out.

No ive been here before even you, but i forgot my password and tried and tried and tried again to go through the process of getting a new one but it didn't work. My first name was HPFAN i had the same avatar aswell.

No ive been here before even you, but i forgot my password and tried and tried and tried again to go through the process of getting a new one but it didn't work. My first name was HPFAN i had the same avatar aswell.

Reincarnation- I love it!

In my past life I was forum moderator- Oh for the glory days . . . sigh . . .

HP kid actors:

Sorcerer's Stone:

Radcliffe:Plain

Watson: funny

Grint:also funny

CoS:

Radcliffe:Still plain

Watson:annoying,overpronounces her lines

Grint:Even more annoying,overacts

K.M.

My friend Jane, 22 (!!!), is hopelessly besotted about Daniel. Every time she sees him in a public picture (not wearing glasses), she goes crazy! There doesn't pass I day without me having to check the world wide web for the utmostly newest pictures of him and print them in color on a coated superwhite paper.

Still, we've remained good friends to this day... :D

HP kid actors:  

Sorcerer's Stone:  

Radcliffe:Plain  

Watson: funny  

Grint:also funny  

CoS:  

Radcliffe:Still plain  

Watson:annoying,overpronounces her lines  

Grint:Even more annoying,overacts  

K.M.

Agreed.

The Grint-Watson pair were SO much better in PS (IMO perfect, especially Watson), than in the second movie.

Radcliffe had a few bad moments (like his smile at the end of the quidditch match) in PS, but also a few GREAT moments... like in the scene when he finds out Malfoy also got detention, the expression on his face is priceless!

He got better in CoS and let us hope he gets better and better :D

Yeah, thought he was too funny in most scenes/trying to be too funny.

Underused actor is the guy who plays Filch, "Old ways used to be you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons, god I miss the screaming."

along with Snape of course

OH well Harris may be dead but at least my next favorite actor in the films Robby Coltraine is still alive.

Hope that dude doesn't croak soon.

-Rogue Leader who is starting to wonder if Alan Rickman was really his 2nd favorite. :?

• 1 month later...
intro could be Williams too, only the clarinet/bassoon glissando sounds very weird:)

I knew I heard that from Williams somewhere else...in a Boston Pops performance of The Unfinished Journey...

Let's just see how Gambon does first. Somehow, I wasn't really satisfied with Harris' version of Dumbledore. He left too many pauses. I always imagined Dumbledore busy and humming around all the time, taking care of things swiftly.

- Marc

That's just how I felt even the first time I saw the first movie. Sorry man, that's just how I feel.

- Marc, who thinks Harris was a fine actor nonetheless.

And I thought that Harris wasn't already dying in the first movie. Perhaps he was already ill, but not life threatening...

I agree about Harris. He did very well, but I always imagined Dumbledore with a much stronger, clearer voice that belied his age.

Ray Barnsbury-who is confident about the changes in the making of PoA

What? I hope you are making some sort of European joke I don't get- since that's a kind of cancer.

European jokes are like a cancer?

You better take that back, or i'll complain to the Motherator about these rascist comments.

Stefancos- ;)