Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

Do you really think something like Hedwig's theme would be left out? Hey I'm prolly wrong. I don't know. But I really doubt something like Hedwig's theme would be left out.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick Doyle.

Wasn't that just an Internet rumor?

Yes, like the one that Williams would be scoring War of the Worlds. Roald put that one to rest.

It all depends on the director and producers. I'm sure Patrick Doyle is eager to show that he can do better than Williams. For the interviews we've read, I think he's not very fond of the maestro. I expected something like: "continuing the work of John Williams is a great honour and responsibility, bla, bla, bla", but he acts as if the other 3 scores don't exist. So I guess that, if he is obliged to, we'll hear Hedwig's theme in the title, but no more Williams themes.

Just downloaded the second trailer for Potter IV, and it has quite an interesting trailer music.... it features hedwigs theme at the very end, the rest of the music just doesn´t fit to the harry potter series if you ask me... :S anyone else seen it?

Remember when composers used orchestral drums in their music? Like, there was this one called the timpani, which is tuned to--forget it, nobody knows what I'm talking about.

Everyone seems to be raving about the trailer music.

I´m not, trust me...that music sucks, it really gives me this "michael-bay-bad-movie" feeling....

Well, Mugglenet mentioned us today. They posted news about Patrick Doyle. Though it was quite unhealthy, I decided to venture into the Mugglenet comment thread and take a peek, lol. Here's what I found, after like 10 posts of "YAY, frist posttt!!!1"

ugh what a disappointment never even heard of him he must be pretty bad and i hope he gets aids or something so john williams comes back soon

:roll:

From good source: Patrick Doyle has recorded the score at Air studios with the LSO. According to his contract he needs to include the main harry potter theme at least 5 times in the score. He has although it has been reworked slightley.  

John Williams has also been placed on standby to rerecord late in september at abbey road if the Patrick Doyles isn't up to scratch. These are from people who work within to 2 studios.

:?

OMG Hooray for the London Symphony Orchestra recording the score! They're the best! They did Lord of the Rings! Yay!

8O

I'm actually glad they dumped John Williams. I can't wait to see how Patrick's score turns out.

;)

OK, that's enough. Except for that last quote, most of the people on the comment board voiced admiration for John Williams. Surprising...

That took them a long time. I thought that had been up on the Main Page for ages.

Notice everyone raving about the trailer music. "I'm positive it's Williams." Yeah right.

OMG Hooray for the London Symphony Orchestra recording the score! They're the best! They did Lord of the Rings! Yay!

No they didn't.

ugh what a disappointment never even heard of him he must be pretty bad and i hope he gets aids or something so john williams comes back soon

That is the most horrible comment I've ever read at a message board, and I've read the MillenniumFalcon forums!

Neil

OK, that's enough.  Except for that last quote, most of the people on the comment board voiced admiration for John Williams.  Surprising...

And yet the last one is the only one I can take seriously or even somewhat respect, even if I may not agree with it.

Marian - LOL

;) Rambo: First Blood Part II (Jerry Goldsmith)

Mugglenet also has a quote from JKR about Harry's appartent lack of sexual expericence. That was the number one question on my list for the author, of course. ;)

~Sturgis

John Williams has also been placed on standby to rerecord late in september at abbey road if the Patrick Doyles isn't up to scratch. These are from people who work within to 2 studios.

I love this line.

You don't put John Williams on standby, people!

John Williams has better usability than obscure Apple products. He's been in constant development for decades - and through the entire time, he has stayed nearly bug-free.

Marian - ;)

Mugglenet also has a quote from JKR about Harry's appartent lack of sexual expericence.  That was the number one question on my list for the author, of course. :|  

~Sturgis

Interesting. Link?

John Williams has also been placed on standby to rerecord late in september at abbey road if the Patrick Doyles isn't up to scratch.

Isn't that what they did for Chamber of Secrets?? lol

~Tyler

John Williams has also been placed on standby to rerecord late in september at abbey road if the Patrick Doyles isn't up to scratch.

Isn't that what they did for Chamber of Secrets?? lol

~Tyler

Yes

who wrote that quote?

K.M.

Harry Potter 4 Trailer Descriptions:

Warner Bros. Pictures will debut the new Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire trailer in limited theaters with Tim Burton's Corpse Bride this Friday (the trailer is also expected to appear online soon).

trailer info here (MAJOR SPOILER WARNING)

this link above from HPANA.com contains a general synopsis of the 2 minute, 30 second long trailer in chronological order. It's by no means comprehensive nor an exact transcript.

The movie looks good. The trailer could use some help. The opening music could have been used in....um ANY modern trailer?

Justin - Waiting for the Potter trailer scored with a pop song.

Mugglenet also has a quote from JKR about Harry's appartent lack of sexual expericence.  That was the number one question on my list for the author, of course. :wave:  

~Sturgis

Interesting. Link?

Just go to Mugglenet and scroll down a bit. I think it's a pretty dumb question to ask (not yours, the topic on Mugglenet).

EDIT: Wait, where the hell is it?!?!?!? I swear it was right there!

Did anyone else see this?

~Sturgis

I did see it. I don't know if they decided to remove it after considering it was too much for some of the visitors of the site. But man, preteens know where childrens come from! Do children really surf the net?

Something along the lines of Harry being so busy with protecting himself from Dark magic and such that he hasn't had the time or the mindset for as many sexual escapades as other teenagers. That's basically what it came down to. I can't remember the exact quote.

It's a quote from an earlier article that was featured in TIME magazine on July 17th, 2005:

Because of the demands of the adventure that Harry is following, he has had less sexual experience than boys of his age might have had.

You can read the full article here.

Gotta love Google.

- Marc

That is one weird article; it's part interview, part book review. (There is no reason for Voldemort's evil? :?)

It sounds . . . made up, actually. I mean I don't think TIME would publish an article like that . . . Rowling doesn't have a high breathy laugh, nor is she a very gothic dresser.

How odd.

~Sturgis

Exciting news from Mugglenet....

GOF Trailer #2 premiering 9 AM EST tomorrow

The theatrical trailer, running 2 minutes and 30 seconds, will make its online premiere tomorrow at 9 AM EST exclusively on AOL Moviefone at this link. A representative at Moviefone had this to say to HPANA:

"AOL Moviefone works with all the studios to help promote upcoming movies," said Angelo. "This trailer is one of the biggest items we're going to get all year."

The representative also says WB is working out what assets will be available exclusively through AOL such as a first-listen of the GOF soundtrack and more video clips.

So a new trailer tomorrow, and another AOl listening party for the soundtrack sometime in the future...yay!

Ray Barnsbury

Looks good. Some of the CGI is still crappy, but otherwise I'm getting really excited about it. And that music sounds about as much like Doyle as it sounds like Williams. :mrgreen:

But I just had a worrying thought when hearing Hedwig's Theme at the end: Somebody might get the idea to actually copy & paste one of the Hedwig cues from the earlier scores over Doyle's score in the film.

Marian - who'd rather have a new theme by Doyle than tracked music.

But I just had a worrying thought when hearing Hedwig's Theme at the end: Somebody might get the idea to actually copy & paste one of the Hedwig cues from the earlier scores over Doyle's score in the film.

That's been the in-thing lately.