Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

IcWales reports:

A MUSIC studio in Carmarthen- shire is to record the soundtrack for the multi-million pound Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie.

The deal is still under wraps, but Grammy award-winner Martin Levan, owner and director of The Red Kite studios in Llanwrda, told the Roast: "A colleague of mine played in a band that was put together especially for the movie. They made some tracks that will be featured in the film. It's not confirmed yet, but they want me to do some mixing of their music for surround sound in the cinema here at the studio."

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=85144

Thats is absolutely rubbish. Patrick Doyle and the London Symphony Orchestra are the ones who recording the score for Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaky Cauldron has some magazine scans of GoF... In one of the collages, it shows an orchestra at the Yule Ball... I wonder if Doyle will be conducting it.

I doubt it. Doyle has frequently performed (as a singer) on his own scores, but he usually doesn't conduct.

Marian - excited that Doyle will have a small role in the upcoming Branagh movie.

Is anyone else here planning on attending the World Premiere in London on november 6? Think that would be cool - providing one is able to get tickets...

IcWales reports:

A MUSIC studio in Carmarthen- shire is to record the soundtrack for the multi-million pound Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie.

The deal is still under wraps, but Grammy award-winner Martin Levan, owner and director of The Red Kite studios in Llanwrda, told the Roast: "A colleague of mine played in a band that was put together especially for the movie. They made some tracks that will be featured in the film. It's not confirmed yet, but they want me to do some mixing of their music for surround sound in the cinema here at the studio."

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=85144

Thats is absolutely rubbish. Patrick Doyle and the London Symphony Orchestra are the ones who recording the score for Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie.

I bet you they are doing the music from the "Weird Sisters" at the Yule Ball.

This may sound strange coming from me, but doesn't anyone else think this movie may have to much CGI?

No, just bad CGI. That shot of the boat looks ridiculously awful.

Neil

That is really fun, i hadn't noticed that the first time i saw the trailer.

maybe i'll show my kids and see if they can guess what is wrong with the picture. .. . .anyone have a clean screen capture of that?

I don't think the CG in the Potter films is so bad . . . yeah that ship looks bad, but the dragon looks good, and the Basilisk looked quite good and Buckbeak for the most part was phenominal. More than I can say for those Jell-O Quidditch players, though. :?

~Sturgis

Gof soundtrack out November 8th..

from leaky cauldron:

Thanks to Geraldine, we now know that the soundtrack for the film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is due to be released on November 8th. If you would like, you can pre-order this soundtrack today via links in our Cauldron shop, and help support the Floo Network at the same time. We also want to let you know that we have the new movie tie-books and Goblet Lego sets also available for pre-order in the shop as well. We greatly appreciate your support! ;)

This may sound strange coming from me, but doesn't anyone else think this movie may have to much CGI?

It's not the amount and use of CGI that matters, it's the quality. Good CG means you don't notice it. In GoF's case, it has a lot of bad CG (ship, carriage, Sirius' face in fire) so it looks like there's too much.

Oh and by the way, I figured out that Professor Flitwick is the one conducting the orchestra in the trailer. Anywho...

No, it's the same actor, but it's not Flitwick. He's called "choirmaster"in PoA. Looks like he'll return in GoF; I saw him in a screen cap.

I might just wait until the GOF soundtrack is down to $10 in one of those dirt cheap CD stores in Pitt St. in Sydney. All the other HP soundtracks are down to that price now. I'm just not in the mood to rush out and buy a CD by a composer I'm overall unfamiliar with.

I have no doubt the score will sound "nice",and the orchestrations will be polished.But there's no way Doyle will write themes as memorable as Hedwig's Theme or Harry's Wondrous World,because he never has and because nobody except Williams can write these kind of themes.

K.M.

Even if you have my word, that MY word, that he is one of the very best film composers nowadays?

All I've heard from him is Much Ado About Nothing within the film and all I heard was a bunch of waltzy stuff. Eh.

I have no doubt the score will sound "nice",and the orchestrations will be polished.But there's no way Doyle will write themes as memorable as  Hedwig's Theme or Harry's Wondrous World,because he never has and because nobody except Williams can write these kind of themes.

K.M.

Horner could... back in '82. Arnold can. So can Poledouris. As can Joel Goldsmith. Granted, in their own way.

Horner could... back in '82.  Arnold can.  So can Poledouris.  As can Joel Goldsmith.  Granted, in their own way.

Yes,in their own way...meaning not quite as good.Joel Goldsmith,WTF?Granted the Stargate End Title is good but don't start making comparisons to Williams.

And some of these Potter themes are pretty high standard Williams.

With Doyle I expect "melodic filler music" of the kind that James Newton Howard writes,or like that Neverland score from last year..

K.M.

I bought Philosopher's Stone because it was good music. Not because it was by Williams. If I like the GoF score I expect I'll buy it too. I mightn't evn wait for the movie, and just buy it on the 22nd. I'm just not into comparing apples and oranges.

I'm sure it'll be fine. I was re-reading that interview he gave for the "Evening Times" an he mentioned his involvement in the project stemmed back when it was still in script phase and that he's written "zillions of themes". I'm sure it'll be pretty taut. But I don't want to dismiss it outright before I give the poor guy a chance.

Tim

With Doyle I expect "melodic filler music" of the kind that James Newton Howard writes,or like that Neverland score from last year..

Are you saying that Williams filler music isn't melodic?

Justin

No,I'm just saying composers like JNH write nice music,but I get very bored halfway through the albums because either the main theme is very repetitive or the underscore is uninteresting.Waterworld is a good example.

K.M.