Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More alarmingly bad music. With the movie only a month away, shouldn't we have heard something decent by now?

~Tyler, who's still holding to the belief that the trailer music is not affiliated with Doyle....

From trust-worthy ol' Mugglenet....

Empire magazine recently caught up with GOF movie producer David Heyman to discuss the upcoming Goblet of Fire video game. In the interview, Heyman also talked a little about the First Task and how it is even more nerve-wracking than in the books.

“It’s one of the most powerful and dramatic scenes,” he said. “We’ve departed from the book a little bit in the sense that the dragon breaks free of the chain that ties him and it leads to this dramatic chase through Hogwarts.”

Not the inside we hasten to add; the dragon is strictly limited to the outside of the school. Still, in the book the dragon required an army of keepers to keep it under control: how are they going to recapture it when it’s flying around the grounds?

An enigmatic Heyman said: “Let’s just say it doesn’t necessarily meet the happiest of ends.”

I hate it when they do that.......

Well, they made Buckbeak's flight a lot more epic and it turned out well.

But I know what you mean.

Btw, they're also saying GoF will be 157 minutes long. 8O But who knows, I doubt it's true.

~Sturgis

Source: 'Goblet of Fire' 157 minutes long

According to an extremely reliable source, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will have a running time of 157 minutes, making it the second longest film in the series of Warner Bros. adaptations of JK Rowling's books. The second movie, at 161 minutes, is the longest.

We're awaiting confirmation from Warner Bros.

UPDATE: WB cannot confirm the running time at present, but The Leaky Cauldron is also reportingopens in new window they've received tips that the film will be 160 minutes.

UPDATE #2: According to another tipster, the film is "2 hours 34 minutes and 38 seconds or 154 minutes and 38 secs... from the first glimpse of the movie until the last frame (WB logo)." Presumably, that figure is based on an advanced cut of the movie.

“It’s one of the most powerful and dramatic scenes,” he said. “We’ve departed from the book a little bit in the sense that the dragon breaks free of the chain that ties him and it leads to this dramatic chase through Hogwarts.”

Not the inside we hasten to add; the dragon is strictly limited to the outside of the school. Still, in the book the dragon required an army of keepers to keep it under control: how are they going to recapture it when it’s flying around the grounds?

Heyman added, "F**K YOU THAT'S HOW!"

Justin

The longer, the better.

I'm definitely looking forward to the first task and the way they changed it. It's one of these things that you have to milk a little more in order to achieve a dramatic effect on screen.

PS: I was rewatching Chamber Of Secrets the other night and saw that little shot of Lockheart's "Who Am I?" at the end of the credits for the first time. I had to giggle for hours lol

It means having to bring my super soft Hitch size pillow out of semi-retirement for my uber-large posterior.

US Amazon is now using that stupid cover image... so maybe it's real... and they have this to say about the soundtrack...

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the fourth film (and soundtrack album) in the massively successful Harry Potter franchise-nearly $1 billion in U.S. box office alone-features a score by Academy Award-nominated composer Patrick Doyle and three songs written by modern rocker Jarvis Cocker, and performed by Cocker, Jonny Greenwood, Phil Selway, Steve Claydon and Jason Buckle-with all these musicians also appearing in the movie.

As long as the songs are at the end of the album (and it looks like they are - I write hopeful) at least we won't have to skip them. Just remember to turn your CD off in time.

- Marc, watching the HD versions of the trailers. Oh my. :)

As long as the songs are at the end of the album (and it looks like they are - I write hopeful) at least we won't have to skip them. Just remember to turn your CD off in time.

Why?

Well, remember that weird orchestra in the trailer. There's a chance the songs (at least one or two) were written in collaboration with Doyle, or adapted by him.

Marian - keeping some hope.

Hey... I'm holding judgement... They might be really fun, catchy songs. But they'll probably have stupid lyrics... to go with the magic Harry Potter stuff. Who knows. :)

Go to Leakycauldron.org . They have the production notes, main credits (I hope they don't have main credits at the beginning of the movie), and end credits... and look...

Band Lead Singer JARVIS COCKER

Band Lead Guitar JONNY GREENWOOD

Band Drums PHILIP SELWAY

Band Bass Guitar STEVE MACKEY

Band Rhythm Guitar JASON BUCKLE

Band Keyboards STEVE CLAYDON

Regarding the changes in the books to extend action sequences for the film...it's a visual medium, so get over it. Buckbeak's flight is like two sentences in the novel. What they did in the movie is fantastic. No complaints from me.

TIm

I bet those pesky teenagers in the leading roles voted for those songs. I absolutely hate it when score albums get spoiled by nasty rock songs, especially when the score is long and every second on CD is a gift.

Bah!

I bet those pesky teenagers in the leading roles voted for those songs. I absolutely hate it when score albums get spoiled by nasty rock songs, especially when the score is long and every second on CD is a gift.

Bah!

The actors would be like "Patrick who?", or even worse, "John who?"

"real musicians"? Not quite. To the extent that they play their own instruments, yeah, I'll give you that. But there's more to being a muscian than simply playing a few chords or banging on a drum.

Tim

Go to Leakycauldron.org . They have the production notes, main credits (I hope they don't have main credits at the beginning of the movie), and end credits... and look...

Band Lead Singer JARVIS COCKER

Band Lead Guitar JONNY GREENWOOD  

Band Drums PHILIP SELWAY  

Band Bass Guitar STEVE MACKEY  

Band Rhythm Guitar JASON BUCKLE  

Band Keyboards STEVE CLAYDON

What?! No Tom Petty?

:)

Well, I don't know the names really, but I heard some of those guys are from Radiohead etc. ... those certainly are qualified, "real" musicians. It's not only the "classical" musicians that can master a difficult to play instrument, you know. Rock music also has its virtuosos.

Source.

"Hedwig's Theme"

Written by

John Williams

"Do The Hippogriff"

Written by Jarvis Cocker & Jason Buckle

Produced by Mike Hedges

Performed by Jason Buckle, Steve Claydon, Jarvis Cocker, Jonny Greenwood, Steve Mackey, Phil Selway

Steve Claydon appears courtesy of Mute Records Limited

"This Is The Night"

Written by Jarvis Cocker

Produced by Mike Hedges

Performed by Jason Buckle, Steve Claydon, Jarvis Cocker, Jonny Greenwood, Steve Mackey, Phil Selway

"Magic Works"

Written by Jarvis Cocker

Produced by Mike Hedges

At least this is real confirmation of just one Williams theme after it mysteriously disappeared from the US poster.

Note though, that there's an orchestra playing at the Yule Ball too. You can see it in the second trailer behind Hagrid and Madame Maxine. I don't think we'll get all rock during that scene. Yay! :angry:

Source.
"Hedwig's Theme"

Written by

John Williams

"Do The Hippogriff"

Written by Jarvis Cocker & Jason Buckle

Produced by Mike Hedges

"This Is The Night"

Written by Jarvis Cocker

Produced by Mike Hedges

"Magic Works"

Written by Jarvis Cocker

Produced by Mike Hedges

At least this is real confirmation of just one Williams theme after it mysteriously disappeared from the US poster.

:angry:

K.M.

AC-DC should have written the songs.

"She Jinxed Me All Night Long."

"Back In Black" (Sirius's Theme)

"Magicstruck"

Justin - Hoping there are some ACDC fans here... :angry:

Well, this could be Shadows of the Empire, where they only acknowledged the star wars main title and the imperial march on tracks 1 and 8, when the cd is full of references to williams' compistions and themes.