Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And... I believe in the German translation, R.A.B. is instead R.A.Z... going along rith the Black/Zwarts thing.

I doubt that, it wouldn't make any sense, als Sirius (and thus, Regulus) are still named "Black" in German. And "Zwarts" is in the Dutch version, not the German one.

umm, I was halfway done with it and somehow left it in that state. I might complete it over the holidays, the flute solo I can just copy from the Signature edition :| so there's not much left to transcribe from hearing...

umm, I was halfway done with it and somehow left it in that state.

You seem to be describing EVERY SINGLE PROJECT I'VE EVER DONE ON FINALE!

~Sturgis, hating himself :|

By the way, Chris, did you ever get around to transcribing "Secrets of the Castle" for piano? I'm just very interested, that's all :|

umm, I was halfway done with it and somehow left it in that state. I might complete it over the holidays, the flute solo I can just copy from the Signature edition  so there's not much left to transcribe from hearing...

Chris, when you finish transcribing "Secrets of the Castle" can i see the score?

umm, I was halfway done with it and somehow left it in that state.

You seem to be describing EVERY SINGLE PROJECT I'VE EVER DONE ON FINALE!

~Sturgis, hating himself ;)

Same here, I barely finish anything... :oops:

okay...now that GOF is out....lets rank the movies from number 1 (best movie) to number 4 (worse movie)

1. POA - 8.5/10 (best score, best acting, grim and threatening feel make this my personal favourite)

2. COS - 7.5/10 (longer than the first, but feels better paced)

3. PS/SS - 6.5/10 (terrific score, but suffers a lot from the cutes)

4. GOF - 6/10 (some nice character moments, especially between Radcliffe and Watson, but the rest feels like some MTV video)

-PoA - 9/10

-GoF - 7.5/10

-SS - 6.5/10

-CoS - 5/10

In other news . . . I've been here a year now (I can't believe it's been that long!), and it's been an awsome experience! :) Thanks so much to Ricard, Andreas, and Neil (and, I guess, Mr. B. :)), and everyone who posts here for making it a great year!

Here's to many more healthy years for The Maestro (and us)! beerchug

~Sturgis

-PoA - 9/10

-GoF - 7.5/10

-SS - 6.5/10

-CoS - 5/10

In other news . . . I've been here a year now (I can't believe it's been that long!), and it's been an awsome experience! :) Thanks so much to Ricard, Andreas, and Neil (and, I guess, Mr. B.  :)), and everyone who posts here for making it a great year!

Here's to many more healthy years for The Maestro (and us)! beerchug

What aren't you leaving now?

Seriously though....the second year is always a total let down.

Justin

I did this on the previous page:

Films:

Sorcerer's Stone - 6.5

Chamber of Secrets - 5

Prisoner of Azkaban - 9

Goblet of Fire - 8.5

Scores:

Sorcerer's Stone - 9

Chamber of Secrets - 7

Prisoner of Azkaban - 9

Goblet of Fire - 6.5

Ray Barnsbury

Films

The Goblet of Fire and The Prisoner of Azkaban - 8 - Both had very high moments, but scattered mediocrity, plot-holes and pacing.

The Philosopher's Stone - 7 - A good adaptation, a less good movie.

The Chamber of Secrets - 4 - Dreadful film, boring adaptation with very few redeeming qualities (the new music and most adult actors being it).

Scores

The Philosopher's Stone - 9 - The first score I ever owned is brilliant but let down by over-saturation of "Hedwig's Theme" in the first third of the movie.

The Prisoner of Azkaban - 8.5 - The most emotional of all of them and the most original, but even just hints at established themes would have been nice.

The Chamber of Secrets - 7.5 - Wonderful on album, positively unlistenable in the film (that is, if you could hear it). Too much tracked/"adapted" music and far too many missed opportunities. Still, some great themes and action underscore. If there was a film to be rescored, this is it

The Goblet of Fire - 7.5 - Wow. I was disappointed with the album, but complimenting the images on-screen it blew me away. I am no longer annoyed at Doyle's score, though mentions of previous themes were sorely missed. Not as stand-alone as Williams' efforts, and not nearly as pleasurable a listening experience, but as a film score alone it's excellent.

• 4 weeks later...

Mugglenet reports on eight deleted scenes that will be on the Goblet of Fire DVD. Most interesting extra looks to be the Karkaroff/Snape/Dark Mark subplot cut from the film.

Least interesting will probably be the extended Weird Sisters scenes. ;)

R1 release date looks to be March 7.

Follow the link above for more details.

• 4 weeks later...

CBBC reports two new actors have been cast for OotP:

George Harris, to most here known as Captain Katanga, will be playing Kingsley Shacklebolt

Also joining the cast is Robbie Jarvis, of whom I could not find previous film work, but he has had "a variety of stage roles with the East Side Theatre Company," according to BBC. He will be playing the young James Potter.

- Marc, who had to bump this all the way from page 3. :)

George Harris, to most here known as Captain Katanga, will be playing Kingsley Shacklebolt

He was cool in Raiders (I don't recall seeing him anywhere else). Nothing at all like what I imagine Shaklebolt though.

Marian - who must read HBP again anyway.

I just got a complete score 2CD of HARRY POTTER 1 if anyone is interested . Email me at GORDON_GOLD@HOTMAIL.COM

What new parts are on it?

I'd need to hear a sample of "The House Cup",then we 'd know what bootleg were dealing with.

GORDONGOLD we don't know you at all here so you need to back up what your claim is a complete HP1 score with some unreleased clips somewhere.

K.M.

- Marc, who had to bump this all the way from page 3. :P

My, that's quite a bump. After GoF, the Harry Potter news just...ceased.

It's great to have some buzz about the 5th movie!

~Tyler, wondering who will compose OOTP's score....

meet Luna Lovegood.

_41286732_luna_evanna_big.jpg

meet Belatrix Lestrange

mccrory3.jpg

and the evil Delores Umbridge

Os8.jpg

The Luna Lovegood actress looks like a female Draco.

I love who they picked to play Lestrange and Umbridge. Such hateful characters, these women look like they can be quite mean and annoying. Especially with the way Umbridge's actress looks; very close to what I had in mind!

meet Luna Lovegood.

_41286732_luna_evanna_big.jpg

meet Belatrix Lestrange

mccrory3.jpg

and the evil Delores Umbridge

Os8.jpg

This actress for Luna is actually prettier than I imagined her. Does Luna even have blond hair in the books? For some reason I thought it was brown.

The Luna character is okay in the books, but I don't really see the purpose of having her in the movie other then to please a few fans. She doesn't do anything of consequence or importance, and certainly nothing they couldn't do by switching her dialogue to someone else (like explaining the flying horses (can't remember their names)).

Tim

I just hope they drop the storyline about Grawp. I'd love Hagrid to tell his story with the giants, and I'm sure he will, but Grawp is irrelevant to the story.

I like the girl they picked for Luna Lovegood, but I imagined her a little ... wackier. I miss that dreamy look JKR described.

I hope the skockingly redundant Quidditch stuff is cut short as well, with Harry having problems with Angelina etc. Ron's nervosity and Harry's fight with Malfoy is enough.