Countdown to May 2005:The StarWars Episode3 *Spoiler*Thread

King Mark

I just thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to the Episode 3 spoilers here at the JWFan.net.,because I don't like to plow thorough TFN spoiler threads(Like is Palpatine Darth Sidious? part 10000000000).

So maybe when a new spoiler,plot twist,news about Ep.3,or a new picture appears online it can be discussed here.

I think of this thread as the "positive" Ep3 thread,not a "Lucas has raped my childhood again" thread.

I hope some people can post Hyperspace "exclusive" pics,or links to wherever they may appear on the web.

K.M.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope that when he releases Ep. 3 on dvd that we get the original version. :thumbup:

Lets at least hope this film can at LEAST BRING SOME REDEMPTION to the prequels.

Sadly, that is unlikely.

"I truly... deeply... love you." :)

Yes, definetly a positive thread.

I just thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to the Episode 3 spoilers here at the JWFan.net.,because I don't like to plow thorough TFN spoiler threads(Like is Palpatine Darth Sidious? part 10000000000).

So maybe when a new spoiler,plot twist,news about Ep.3,or a new picture appears online it can be discussed here.

Ah, you're just jealous of Joe's Prisoner of Azkaban thread.

Here is a good way to waste people's time for those who like to respond to these threads with their idiotic responses.

1) ANIKAN IS DARTH VADER!!!

2) PADME GIVES BIRTH TO LUKE & LEIA

3) LUKE LIVES WITH "UNCLE" OWEN & "AUNT" BERU

4) LEIA BECOME THE "DAUGHTER" OF SENATOR ORGANA FROM THE PLANET ALDERAAN

5) ALL THE JEDI DIE EXCEPT YODA & OBI WAN

6) C3PO & R2D2 BECOME THE PROPERTY OF CAPT. ANTILLES

7) OBI-WAN BECOMES A RECLUSE ON TATOOINE

8) SENATOR PALPATINE BECOMES EMPORER AND IS DARTH SIDIOUS!!!

If there are any more obvious spoilers that I can remeber I shall be more than happy to furnish all of you with them.

I too have too much time on my hands at the moment.

I'm glad that this site was designed to discuss the moments that occur in a movie as opposed to the music that accompanies the end product. I have searched all over the web for a great site to discuss the actions that occur in a film, rather than the esoteric and abstract abilities of music to enhance the events that occur on the screen.

WHAT WE NEED IS THE RETURN TO TRUELY SILENT FILMS WHERE NO ORGAN, PIANO OR ANY MUSICAL OTHER ACCOMPANYMENT IS WRITTEN.

http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/articles...1/501154p1.html

After three long years of relentless fighting, the Clone Wars are nearly at an end. The Jedi Council dispatches Obi-Wan Kenobi to bring the deadly leader of the Separatist droid army to justice. Meanwhile, back on Coruscant, Chancellor Palpatine has grown in power. His sweeping political changes transform the war-weary Republic into the mighty Galactic Empire. To his closest ally, Anakin Skywalker, he reveals the true nature of power and the promised secrets of the Force in an attempt to lure him to the dark side.

DAMMIT!! Finalscore just ruined it for us! :)

No, seriously, this will be the best of the prequels. Not that it will be all that hard, but it will be. Count on it.

If it isn't, I'll have to disown acceptance of Lucass as a human being and have to believe that his skin was removed and used as a disguise for a no-neck sea-lion alien monster from another planet which is politically motivated to ignore such "analog" things such as storylines, actors, and music scores in favor of 100% digital enhancements in motion pictures.

I trademarked that story, don't even think about stealing it!

-CJ

(This post TM 2004 Chris ChrusherComix)

In an interview, Lucas has said that Episode III deals with how power corrupts and makes one lose touch with his own humanity.

Hey George, I think your subconscious is trying to tell you something... :)

- Marc, ROTFLMAO

Figured some people might find this...interesting...

There is a new rumor, that is thought to be true, that the title for Episode 3, possibly to be announced next week, is (drum roll)..................

The Creeping Fear............................................................thoughts?

Of course...if the people over at AICN were wrong, it wouldn't be the first time...this report just seemed a bit more genuine than some of the others.

Creeping Fear.... Lucas is on a roll here.I hope this isn't true. We can't stop him since he could make up even more stupid name like Attack of the Fear or Anakin goes to the Dark Side (in the spirit Gidget goes to Rome) LOL . He absolutely has to be so mysterious with these titles when people more or less know what will eventually happen :P .

In an interview, Lucas has said that Episode III deals with how power corrupts and makes one lose touch with his own humanity.

Hey George, I think your subconscious is trying to tell you something... :P

- Marc, :P

NOW THAT IS FRIGGIN GENIUS MARC! 8O

Well to all Lucas' bashers... could not you at least leave a thread devoted to Star Wars...lets see... in terms that you can understand... unraped?

Anyway i dont really know what have you against the SW titles. I think it all started because SW was changed to ANH.

Luke, whose only complaint about the title 'Attack of the Clones' is that the clones are mentioned halfway the movie and do not appear till the end...

When Lucas leaves a SW films unraped, maybe I will think about leaving a thread unraped.

-Rogue who feels Lucas should do the smart thing for once and stop F&*%ING with the OT.

I dont have to 'suffer' for your hate towards GL, so i dont think your point is taken.

And your statement i-wont-becasue-he-doesnt is childish. Anyway do you think that raping threads in a John Williams will make him change? Then, dont bother.

I doubt there is any possibility someone leaks the title this soon. We'll hear it from LucasFilm, and LucasFilm alone.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, they originally leaked the title Revenge of the Jedi for Return of the Jedi which made fake merchandising easily recognizable afterwards (although some reports say it was changed because "Revenge was not in the spirit of the Jedi," so I can't be totally sure).

And if you're going to be bitching about the titles of these films, then please, don't watch them at all. There are bigger problems with these films than their titles.

- Marc, who likes sitting back to watch AotC anyhow, even though it pales in comparison to ANH (oh sorry, Star Wars) and TESB. :P

-Rogue who feels Lucas should do the smart thing for once and stop F&*%ING with the OT.

Oh, so that's what you think! Took me some time to figure that one out.

I doubt there is any possibility someone leaks the title this soon. We'll hear it from LucasFilm, and LucasFilm alone.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, they originally leaked the title Revenge of the Jedi for Return of the Jedi which made fake merchandising easily recognizable afterwards (although some reports say it was changed because "Revenge was not in the spirit of the Jedi," so I can't be totally sure).

The 'fake' merchandising is original. That was the title before Lucas decided to change it. And i'm happy with it.

That's why i hope EPIII is called 'Revenge of the Sith' since Sith can do that, and that is what they are going to do in the movie: to kill the jedi order for what it did to the Sith order, and rule the galaxy as they wanted.

And since Lucas wanted to use Revenge in a movie that really was not a revenge, it would be fitting to use it here...

Oh. All right, I was never really clear on that. I also thought there were actually posters that had the title Revenge of the Jedi on it, but they were recalled pretty soon.

Right now, I don't care too much for the title, though. I'm more eagerly awaiting the score, and the film itself (although right now, I just want new Potter :mrgreen:).

- Marc

I read that they changed the title because it was too similar to the title of the Star Trek film then, "The Vengeance of Khan". Ironically, that title was changed, too :mrgreen:

I read that they changed the title because it was too similar to the title of the Star Trek film then, "The Vengeance of Khan". Ironically, that title was changed, too :mrgreen:

You've got it backwards. Star Trek was originally titled "The Undiscovered Country". Then it was changed to "The Vengeance of Khan". But then Lucas at the time was making "Revenge of the Jedi" so Paramount changed the title of Star Trek to "The Wrath of Khan". Meyer didn't like that change since he didn't think anyone would know what "wrath" means.

Lucas then changed his title since it was pointed out to him that Jedi don't seek revenge. I think the "Bootleg" merchandise sotry by Lucas is just smoke and mirrors.

Neil

Lucas then changed his title since it was pointed out to him that Jedi don't seek revenge.  I think the "Bootleg" merchandise sotry by Lucas is just smoke and mirrors.

Neil

I may have not understood well what you said, but i really think i saw official Revenge of the Jedi merchandising (could it be in the PC enciclopaedia Behind the Magic) . It could be a Lucas' trick to sell more things, but i would rather make it with other things than using fake thingies as that....but you never know....

I don't know how real this is, if at all, but if its close, I think George might actually have hit on something right this time.

read at your own risk this is potentially spoiler heavy

Sounds like it's going to be great.Very tragic story.I would think it's accurate because it matches every other more or less confirmed spoilers

K.M.

Everything sounds good on paper. But so did Episode II. I still have hopes that Episode III is very dark (which it's supposed to be) and tragic. But it's so hard to feel for the characters since Lucas did such a shoddy job at utilizing them, making them lack any depth so we'd empathize with them in one way or another. I was not pleased with Anakin's development in Episode II; it was just too shallow. I had always envisioned Anakin as one of finest and respected Jedi of his day, but no, all we got was someone pissing and moaning the whole time. He didn't do any cool Jedi stuff.

He basically compiled all the spoilers from TFnet that have been available and made it into a readeable story.So i guess it's fairly accurate.I remember his Ep2 screenplay was just about right.

K.M.

Yes, I read that too. It's obvious this guy has just compiled every plot detail from TFn and put them together, but if those are true, I think the film might still be quite interesting. :mrgreen:

- Marc

I still can't phatom how you can fall into a molten lava pit and survive.I mean you'd be vaporised instantly...

K.M.

He probably didn't fall into the core of the lava pit and grapped onto something with the steam doing most of the damage.

Alex MegaShadow.

I'm not sure if Anakin actually gets the full lava bath, but that he probably gets into close contact of the stuff enough to burn him up quite badly. And Obi-Wan supposedly doesn't just leave him for dead. There's at least one indication that Obi-Wan, being the good guy that he is, uses the Force to pull Anakin to safety, just when Palpatine and his minions arrive.

Lucas has said two different versions of this, however. One time he says Obi-Wan battles Anakin to the finish and thinks he's gone. Another time he says Obi-Wan saved Anakin's life so that when Anakin's offpsring came of age, the children would redeem their father. The latter of the more recent of the two, of course. He always claiming such and such was always his "original vision" all along, but to me, that's just b.s. -- it's after the fact and his revisionist history at play. When Return of the Jedi was released, I don't remember him saying, "Oh by the way, my trilogy still isn't done. I'm gonna make more changes soon with improved special f/x." At the time, Lucas was taking a haitus from Star Wars, and for the longest time, it seemed like we would not have another SW film.

I seem to recall it was Jurassic Park that sparked something in him, realizing how far technology had advanced what it could do for movies. It's no small coincidence (that and the 20th anniversary of Star Wars was approaching) that he decided to make changes., although not always necessarily for the better

Supershadow is a fraud. Never trust any info he specifically says on the site. Naturally, nobody could ever post anything on his site revealing the weirdo, since he monitors all of the comments.

He took all of the plot points from sites that are actually genuine.

He took all of the plot points from sites that are actually genuine.

If he took points from other sites and put them in one synopsis, what harm can that cause? That means I only had to read his one synopsis. And has been pointed out, the AOTC script he posted was genuine.

Neil

Pardon me. Yes, technically the script would be genuine...or at least partly genuine with some flourishes of Mickey's own mind. But the fact that he claims to be Lucas' close friend, and that Lucas trusts only him...or perhaps that he says he was responsible for a large part of Attack of the Clones...or maybe that Lucas is planning on letting the fans direct a sequal trilogy because of his advice...that bothers me. I just don't trust a website that has a pathological liar working the gears.

I'd rather take what I can get from comingsoon.net and aintitcoolnews.com.

the release date is now Official

Star Wars, Ep. III to be released May 19th, 2005. Which incidently is a Thursday.