14. Lupin's Transformation and Chasing Scabbers

15. The Patronus Light

16. The Werewolf Scene

17. Saving Buckbeak

18. Forward to Time Past

19. The Dementors Converge

20. Finale

21. Mischief Managed!

(And because Rich will yelll at me...info from play.com)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I just post what I find. :P

As for the song...I'm betting Track 5 has it.

As for Sirius...I bet he has a theme in the later part of the disc....but it might not be labeled.

HMMMMMMMM...could be real,unless these were made up...but since were pretty much the only ones who would make up JW track titles and i haven't read it here,it might be real.And Mugglenet posted them too.

If it is real,"Buckbeak's Flight" is the first thing i will be listening to(to validate my predictions about the next grand Williams theme)...and i hope Hedwig's theme is a new arrangement.

Also,I think that it's to our benifit if the End Credits aren't on score albums,because they can easily be taken off the DVD and it leaves more room for score we wouldn't get otherwise.But i figure "Mischief Managed" might be the End Credits,or part of it,along with "Lumos"

K.M.

These could very well be legitimate. I doubt play.com's webmasters are likely to be sitting around making up imaginary track titles for future CD releases. The time frame for the info being made public seems right too because I remember stumbling upon the CoS track listing on the atlantic website about a month before the disc's release. Also, unlike the fake track titles that have appeared for PS and CoS, they aren't lifted directly from chapter titles or other text from the books.

The only title that seems a bit fishy to me is number 16. "The Werewolf Scene" seems awfully unimaginative even for a John Williams cue. But, let's face it, coming up with great track titles isn't one of his strongest attributes.

I hope they are real because it looks as though Hagrid might be getting his own theme!

Track 19 is chronologically incorrect, unless it refers to when the dementors almost administer the Kiss at Flitwick's office. Still a huge doubt in my mind whether these are legit. Nevertheless, I'm hugely excited by it.

Good point, disk. I'm kinda disappointed about the apparent lack of concert suites or "______'s Theme" tracks. I hope this is confirmed or that something legit appears soon. I was especially expecting a theme track for Buckbeak, and Sirius and/or Lupin. Also, there's no mention of Trelawney or Divination class. Oh, and Crono, you're probably right about the song being track 5.

Ray Barnsbury

Sorry, I keep having thoughts and I'm sick of adding edits to my post . . . the tracks to SS/PS were slighty different than originally announced. HWW was first shown to be at the end of the album, and of course it turned out to be track 2. Just saying that even it this is legit, changes are possible. Damn, I want the listening party . . . for one thing, it would help us verify these track titles.

Ray Barnsbury

The fact that The Snowball Fight is a track title has me really excited, because I wasn't expecting that scene to be in the movie. I'm also a little disturbed though by the lack of Themes, as people have mentioned already. Usually Tracks 2 or 3 are the suites or full renditions of new themes. Here there are none.

- Diskobolus, who is euphoric that there is a track called The Patronus Light, and that he got his wish in the Desired New Theme in POA

I'm happy we got another Quidditch track, though I am a bit unhappy about the lack of concert arrangements. I mean, we had four in CoS (though one was written to fit an extended scene - Gilderoy Lockhart) and four in PS (if you include "Prologue" and "Hogwarts Forever!"). I'm still excited!

Maybe some of the tracks with rather ambiguous titles, or titles that could contain new themes, like Buckbeak's Flight, A Window to the Past, Secrets of the Castle, Hagrid the Professor, or The Patronus Light could be concert arrangements. Also, like KM said, Mischief Managed could be/include the End Titles (wouldn't an ESB-esque suite be nice for that?).

Ray Barnsbury-REALLY excited, if a little dubious

The only title that seems a bit fishy to me is number 16. "The Werewolf Scene" seems awfully unimaginative even for a John Williams cue. But, let's face it, coming up with great track titles isn't one of his strongest attributes.    

Not necessarily. PS, the track named "The Invisibility Cloak and the Library Scene". It would have made much more sense to simply call the track "The Mirror of Erised" and include the cut music from it (the tender vocals as Harry sees his family).

I have nothing to base this on, but I'll just say this looks real to me.

And couldn't "Double Trouble" be the real title for what we've been calling "Something Wicked This Way Comes"? "Double, double, toil and trouble", afterall.

Neil

Although I am not the most excited person about another Potter score, but at least I am very pleased that I will have a brand-spanking-new Williams album for my birthday (Darn... a couple days late).

This goes in the grand tradition of The Lost World and the two prequels (among others, but those are my most memerable of late) accompanying me during my busy work weeks in late May.

Excellent! :P

7. A Window to the Past

Is it just me or does that title refer to a penseive?!?! Where could this possibly fit in the story, because there isn't a penseive in PoA

7. A Window to the Past

Is it just me or does that title refer to a penseive?!?!

This is probably referring to either Harry hearing his parents's voices in Lupin's office while confronting the boggart . . . or . . . the scene in the Three Broomsticks where Hargid, Fudge, McGonagall and Mme Rosmerta talk about why Sirius Black was in Azkaban.

Anthony, who can feel the excitement levels skyrocketing as this score (and film) get ever closer.

I think it would be waste of time to invent these track titles. I sure wish these are the real ones. My memories on the third book are a bit fuzzy but the cue names sound fine to me even though I have read the books in Finnish and have no idea what e.g. Patronus or Boggarts are.

The fact that composers try to make up mystical track titles just not to give away the plot is irritating especially when people know the plot beforehand and even if some don't that is not a reason the make up artsy-fartsy quasi mystical non-spoilerish-track titles. Those who don't want to know the plot or can't handle the truth should not buy the soundtrack. I think Williams names his cues quite accurately, even though there are expections like Episode I. "Werewolf scene" does not sound out of place in the Williams style of naming tracks.

Buckbeak's Flight sounds promising( I can't wait to hear it :) )As someone pointed out there are no "someone's theme" tracks(aside from Aunt Marge's Waltz if the track title are real that is) on this album and I think it has to do with the fact that for the CoS Williams wrote only a couple of scenes worth of music and gave the concert versions to be recorded and arranged to the movie. That is the propable reason for all those concert arrangements of the second album. We don't have "someone's theme" tracks on the first album either. The only thing I miss from this movie is the Voldemort motifs. I just love these Williams' bad guy themes.

And to King Mark: I think it's nice that the albums have the end credits (if they are not copy-pasted concert versions) even though they eat up the time from film cues since some of us do not have the means to extract the scores from DVD (Yes, I am an object of pity in this matter :P ). Happy are those who can rip their scores ;)

I think it's fine that composers do that. How would you like it if the track titles for Episode III were released and the second-to-last track gave away a fat spoiler (i.e. the climax of the movie)? You wouldn't be happy, would you?

And Williams scored more than a few scenes. It's just that everything you hear in the movie that is obviously a rehash of PS music was directly lifted by William Ross. There's not much of that in the movie, so Williams may as well scored the whole thing.

I think it's fine that composers do that. How would you like it if the track titles for Episode III were released and the second-to-last track gave away a fat spoiler (i.e. the climax of the movie)? You wouldn't be happy, would you?

Reminds me of the most unpleasant movie experience I've ever had. I bought soundtrack to "The Sixth Sense" a month ahead of seeing it and me the greenhorn, of course, read the tracktitles while I listened. What a apt title for a track they came up with, "Malcolm Is Dead". So I knew. I love this movie and seen it perhaps 20 times since, but I couldn't have experienced the awe others could -- the awe of learning the truth about Dr. Crowe at the very end of the movie. I am certain I missed a lot, ergo.

Damn I wish I could go back in time and change things.

:)

Roman.-)

i am definitely excited by the news, i think it's legit, but some of the titles are just gross.

i sincerely hope that double trouble is 'something wicked this way comes' as if it isn't, i'll have to write out the music by hand for my kids.

ugh.

ren.

Reminds me of the most unpleasant movie experience I've ever had. I bought soundtrack to "The Sixth Sense" a month ahead of seeing it and me the greenhorn, of course, read the tracktitles while I listened. What a apt title for a track they came up with, "Malcolm Is Dead". So I knew. I love this movie and seen it perhaps 20 times since, but I couldn't have experienced the awe others could -- the awe of learning the truth about Dr. Crowe at the very end of the movie. I am certain I missed a lot, ergo.

Damn I wish I could go back in time and change things.

Roman.-)

You probably would've guessed it anyway. It's very obvious.

i am definitely excited by the news, i think it's legit, but some of the titles are just gross.

i sincerely hope that double trouble is 'something wicked this way comes' as if it isn't, i'll have to write out the music by hand for my kids.

ugh.

ren.

Gross? How do you mean?

With 21 tracks, and this apparantly being an enhanced CD with extra data on it (not a 2-cd version like the previous ones) which would limit the amount of music on it even further, this could become tricky to say the least. 30 Seconds per track?

Either someone is fooling us, or there will be several versions of the soundtrack. But I can't imagine having so many tracks on a limited capacity disc. Or am I missing something?

No way will it be 30 seconds per track. I'm sure it'll be another 2-disc with the second one enhanced. Not for a soundtrack this big, a movie this big, and the first Williams CD in over a year.

The tracks are in mp3 format, 128 kilos of data in forced stereo at 44kHz, occupying 83Mb of CD space.

The extras (incl. trailers and teasers in 20 language formats and interview with George Lucas with nice pics of his Skywalker Ranch) occupy over 600 megabytes of space and are in dolby digital 5.1 format.

Hope this helps.

Why are some you concerned that these titles mean that there will be a lack of concert pieces on the disc? I see more than a few tracks that are possible candidates. The titles for 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 15, and 21 all fit the bill; however, I'd say Double Trouble, A Window to the Past, Hagrid the Professor, and Mischief Managed (a marauders' theme perhaps?) are the most likely choices for concert arrangements of new themes.

Finally, I wouldn't be worried about the loss of music because of the title being an Enhanced CD. All three Lord of the Rings soundtracks (single disc versions) are Enhanced CDs and there is still over 70 minutes of music on each disc. The so-called multimedia content is typically just an HTML document for a special website taking up less than a 1MB of data on the disc with links to items that can't be accessed anywhere else on the internet but are not stored on the CD itself. It's just simply filler content taking advantage of what would otherwise be wasted or left over space on the disc.

The tracks are in mp3 format, 128 kilos of data in forced stereo at 44kHz, occupying 83Mb of CD space.

The extras (incl. trailers and teasers in 20 language formats and interview with George Lucas with nice pics of his Skywalker Ranch) occupy over 600 megabytes of space and are in dolby digital 5.1 format.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Not necessarily. PS, the track named "The Invisibility Cloak and the Library Scene". It would have made much more sense to simply call the track "The Mirror of Erised" and include the cut music from it (the tender vocals as Harry sees his family).

Very true. I'd forgotten that particular track title. Still it seems odd to have a track titled Lupin's Transformation and Chasing Scabbers and another named The Werewolf Scene because Lupin's transformation is the one and only werewolf scene, at least in the book. It's very possible it's been extended in the movie but the title of track 14 would make more sense if it were Sirius's Transformation and Chasing Scabbers.

I'm sorry, but 21 tracks on a single CD is simply mind-blowing.  I'm still betting on 30 seconds per track.  Any takers?

So you say it will be a 10-and-a-half minute CD? :)

I'm sorry, but 21 tracks on a single CD is simply mind-blowing.  I'm still betting on 30 seconds per track.  Any takers?

Why is it so mind-blowing when CoS had 20? Also, Return of the King had 19 tracks, including one track that was over 10 minutes long. What is so outrageous about 21 tracks? I'm sure a few will be between 1 and 2 minutes in length but that's hardly unusual with a soundtrack release. With audio cassettes being virtually obsolete, there is no longer any real reason to limit a release to 10 - 12 tracks with an abbreviated running time of 30 - 40 mintues. Nor is it a pop album where expenisve studio session time is a concern. All the music has to be recorded for the film which leaves a wider selection of cues for a CD release.

I sort of understand the concern. With more tracks the probability of single cues carrying new thematical material being nicely developed for us to recognize and memorize fairly decreases, although it's arguable. And hopes are that Williams could have come up with a few brandnew themes, that I just don't want to pop up and decamp in several 30-second flourishes. These 20+ tracks is something I'm used to associate with Thomas Newman, who writes nice brief leitmotivic stuff.

But my hopes for thematic lushness with this score are undying.