• Thomas Newman
    • Randy Edelman
    • Max Steiner
    • Dave Newman
    • Basil Polderious
    • Yanni
    • Howard Shore
    • Vangelis

Imagine all the people below meeting and brawling at a time in their life when they are the most fit (if there ever was)

who would win this brawl?

I submit this also for worst post topic ever.

I blame all spelling mistakes on my keyboard.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My second choice is John Ottman - he can probly bench like 270. I think tie for last would be between JW, Vangelis and Howard Shore. I think Goldsmith could defly put up a good fight and I bet Zimmer, Young and Poledorious could also.

I was thinking Ottman, too. He seems like a tough dude.

Horner wouldn't last long. He'd just copy everyone else's moves. Then they'd all beat the crap out of him once they knew his strategy. LOL

I was thinking Ottman, too. He seems like a tough dude.

I thought he was a power bottom.

The clear winner was left off of this list. Of course I'm speaking of Bernard Herrmann.

Neil

Herrman would kick the crap out of any composer who ever lived.

However, from the list, I'd say Everyone would stay in their own corner (since they all are basicaly total wimps), with maybe Young and Barry on the side chain smoking over a brandy. That is, until Zimmer starts telling everyone what he really thinks about them, and they of course take it silently. And when he gets over to Jerry and tells him "I even liked The Bear", Jerry knocks him out in one punch. Then everyone cowers and stays away from Jerry, except for Barry, who's too old, too rich and too drunk to give a damn, and starts cursing out Jerry. Then they all start gaining courage and start ganging up on Jerry. But Jerry says "I'm Jerry", and they all run back to their corner, while Barry passes out and falls flat in the middle of the chamber.

Morlock- who imagined a circular metalic blue chamber, but with a lot of fire light. It was a bright room.

Morlock 2- who was startled and pleased to imagine Jerry at his most verile and with his ponytail.

Beethoven would beat them all in a composition contest. However in a straight brawl Danny Elfman would win. He was in a rock band, he MUST be a tough guy!!!

Yanni was in a rock band too. So was Vangelis.

But Elfman was guitarist, Vangelis (I assume) was keyboards. And if that's the criteria, Beethoven would kick the crap out of them, as he was a total metal head.

James Horner would be easy to beat...he would keep making the same moves all over again.

Hans Zimmer would never fight alone...he would have a tag team with 12 or more fellow composers.

Howard Shore would yell at his opponents...real loud.

Vangelis would be hit on the head...with a real, physical Tuba.

Oh so if you are in a rock band you must be tough I guess?

Tougher than all those classical pansies.

Seriously, I am sure Rachmaninoff who towered at 6'5 and Scriabin, who was crazy, could beat down Phill Collins. Obviously you have never seen Garrick Ohlsson in real life either - he is one of the best pianists i have ever heard and biggest guys I have ever seen. I also know alot of classical musicians who are crazy and can brawl good - especially after sitting in the practice room all day by them self.

Oh so if you are in a rock band you must be tough I guess?

Tougher than all those classical pansies.

Seriously, I am sure Rachmaninoff who towered at 6'5 and Scriabin, who was crazy, could beat down Phill Collins. Obviously you have never seen Garrick Ohlsson in real life either - he is one of the best pianists i have ever heard and biggest guys I have ever seen. I also know alot of classical musicians who are crazy and can brawl good - especially after sitting in the practice room all day by them self.

You know I'm kidding, right?

Beethoven, easily. Seriously, how could a guy who composed by feeling the vibrations of the piano not be tough? He made himself deaf, he could kill any other man with his fingers. Pop their eyeballs and give 'em a Xander.

What abot groups like Queen and Culture Club?

Neil

Then it would be a slapping match!

Roger Taylor was quite adept at smashing his own drum kit to pieces - wouldn't call that slapping!!

I almost voted for Beethoven since he seems so insane, but then I remembered Max Steiner's "moxy" and his stocky 1950's man frame and I had to give it to him. He would throw alot of very hard body blows.

Yani and Hans Zimmer would be unconscious immediately. Elfman and Williams would hold their own, and would be some of the last men standing. Young would kill one or two people and then go mad, but be defeated for losing his focus. James Horner would refuse to fight and be killed by a bloodthirsty Howard Shore.

I think Shore would have the most blood on his hands but would be quickly teamed by 5 or 6 at a time.

I voted for JW....he's like a Transformer: more than meets the eye.

That could be. He has very large powerful hands and very broad shoulders. And he seemed to have been working out lately when I saw him in a Polo at Tanglewood.