The Fellowship of the Ring COMPLETE RECORDINGS 3CD set

ST-321

Alright, you've spotted two (although I'm not sure whether the second one really is an edit), but I'm thinking in the dimensions of GL- putthatintherewhatthehell- score- slaying.

Nobody said it was Lucas-style, and I think the fact that there are only 40 seconds of adjustment necessary to an almost-three-hour score is admirable.

Doug Adams said ages ago that the score will be released as Shore wrote it, not necessarily as it was cut in the movie. Shore had a hand in the making of the CD. Why not trust that?

I was getting sort of a sinking feeling in my stomach because the alternate Breaking of the Fellowship wasn't going to be on the release (not because of that track alone, but because it seemed to spell bad news for original or unused cues that turned up in later Extended Credits). However, with Doug hinting at a Bonus release, I'm resting easy.

As far as the official LOTR soundtrack site goes...the disc comes out in seven days. Aren't promotional sites usually online long before that? The site won't be serving much purpose as far as promotion goes when it's relaunched only a few days before the album.

With all that gibberish said, I haven't looked forward to a release like this since the TPM Ultimate Edition, and this one is shaping up to not disappoint me in the least. I'm all smiles this week. The set will be a nice present to celebrate the end of final exams.

I was getting sort of a sinking feeling in my stomach because the alternate Breaking of the Fellowship wasn't going to be on the release (not because of that track alone, but because it seemed to spell bad news for original or unused cues that turned up in later Extended Credits).  However, with Doug hinting at a Bonus release, I'm resting easy.

As far as the official LOTR soundtrack site goes...the disc comes out in seven days.  Aren't promotional sites usually online long before that?  The site won't be serving much purpose as far as promotion goes when it's relaunched only a few days before the album.

I'm all smiles this week.  The set will be a nice present to celebrate the end of final exams.

I am confident Shore and his team will not disappoint us. That bonus disc Doug hinted at put my mind at ease too. I am getting little giddy as the release date draws near ;) My final exams for this year are after the Box release. I wonder if my studying will suffer because I will listen to the discs non stop :ola:.

I wonder how late have they started working on the LOTR soundtrack site? As you say there is less than a week to go and there is no change in the site. Odd and slow if you ask me. They should promote the release before not after it has come out.

And there is very little tracked music in LOTR trilogy since PJ granted Shore time to rewrite the music. The scoring sessions were incredibly long and Shore worked very hard to get those scores ready. It is funny when PJ said in one of the score documentaries that he was surprised how much the music can be modified and changed even in the scoring process. That meant Jackson demanded changes from Shore while scoring but also that he gave time for those rewrites. That I think is the main reason for so little music cutting and tracking.

Well I've noticed at least 2 instances - during the warg attack, when Legolas is on the hill seeing them approach, about 5-10 secs of Khazad Dum music is tracked into the 'Helm's Deep' cue. Also, when they ride out of Helm's Deep, before Gandalf's appearance, the 'march' in the film has a small section edited out (ok, so not looped, but still noticeably edited)

Also during the first appearance of Treebeard, when his stept on that orc, they reused a bit of RingWraith music from FOTR.

But it's all very minor.

Also during the first appearance of Treebeard, when his stept on that orc, they reused a bit of RingWraith music from FOTR.

But it's all very minor.

Was it reused as Shore used the same material or was it tracked?

I also noticed those tracked sections others have mentioned while watching the movies but have forgotten where exactly they were in the films. Mental block to stop all bad associations to LOTR music I guess ;)

Was it reused as Shore used the same material or was it tracked?  

I also noticed those tracked sections others have mentioned while watching the movies but have forgotten where exactly they were in the films. Mental block to stop all bad associations to LOTR music I guess ;)

Since it was Ring wraith music and did not sound any different from that music in FOTR, i'm pretty sure it was tracked.

:roll: Scandinavian online store CDON.com has changed their release date of the Box to 21st of December. :roll: I wonder when will the release date changes stop. Not that I am buying mine from CDON but still it is alarming to see they have apparently changed the Scandianavian release date. I hope it will not affect Finland and the Box will be released here on the 14th as promised just last week from Warner Finland.

CD Universe still says December 13 for me.

My intention was not to create panic. I am sure this is just CDON releasedate change as it is a Scandinavian online store.

Other sites do not have any changes and there won't be any. No need to worry. I repeat: this concerns CDON.com only.

I was just wondering why on earth Scandinavia seems to get this release later than other places? I am happy for all of you who have ordered your copy in time since now it seems to be little late to place my order at Amazon.uk since it will not arrive untill after Christmas. :cry:

I have to wait untill the Box hits the stores here in Finland (And I surely keep on wishing our release date is the promised 14th of Dec.).

BTW this is one reason I hate to live in Finland. CD releases seem to get here later than the rest of Europe. ;)

I was just puting TPM examples (i didnt said the whole score just the bits) that are almost unnoticeable to the common ear and because its really the only score i know well enough with tracking.

Im not comparing the edits in LOTR with the prequels.

Can someone explain why my Amazon.uk order for the FOTR Box which I placed today says that: The following item will arrive after 25 Dec 2005.

Items not yet dispatched:

Delivery estimate: 5 Jan 2006 - 20 Jan 2006

It is released on 12th and my order will be shipped 5 Jan-20 of Jan? What the hell?? :?

Help please. I ordered i the Box via Priority shipping (1-2 days).

EDIT:Perhaps I should cancel the order and wait for the Finland's release date. It won't be any use if I get the BOx in January.

Why don't you order it at moviemusic.com? I did it today. In case Amazon.co.uk really delivers this late, I can cancel my order there. But who the hell knows what they do, my account still says "November 28th" ....

Mine still says the 28th too. Typical amazon mind you (go and read up on how customers who pre-ordered the new xbox with amazon uk are feeling at the moment. It's rather sloppy service)...

I think for Incanus the date quoted for you may be them playing safe because it's an overseas order? I hope so for your sake anyway, otherwise just cancel it and get it from somewhere you are pretty confident you can rely on.

I have it ordered with Amazon and Play.com. If Play.com are to get it to customers in time for the 12th then it should ship on Thursday or Friday of this week. If mine does, I'll cancel the Amazon order. If both are slow, it'll be a trip to Oxford Street on Monday.

Does anyone know if the "over 80 leitmotifs" is just for FOTR or all of LOTR? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Later...

I highly doubt that the date they gave you are correct, Incanus. That definitely can't be correct, especially with Priority mail. 2003, I got my copy of ROTK a few days earlier, and that was around the same time.

Does anyone know if the "over 80 leitmotifs" is just for FOTR or all of LOTR?  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Later...

It's for all three films.

ttbk, who could take a stab at naming them...

Why don't you order it at moviemusic.com? I did it today. In case Amazon.co.uk really delivers this late, I can cancel my order there. But who the hell knows what they do,  my account still says "November 28th" ....

It may be that because I ordered the Box this late all the preordered products from their initial shipment were reserved and the next shipment they get is in January? Still I would not cancel my on Amazon.uk if the releasedate shows 12th of Dec.

But as you said at Moviemusic.com MB Amazon.de has also postponed the release date to 16th. I have had it with this release date business. It is amazing how many different release dates one product can have and how they all change weekly. This is madness.

Hmmm, well at least Amazon UK seems to have decided, although I don't think my order is ever going to update.

Only 5 days to go... we hope.... those monkeys had better have been locked back in their cages.

And I'm afraid my LotR fast has broken - I just can't keep away from this amazing music ;)

Indeed. This really has gotten beyond ridiculous. I hope my Amazon.uk order will be delivered on the 12th of Dec. even if the info says January. If not I can always cancel it.

Well Amazon took six weeks to deliver Revenge of the Sith (I ordered it late April). But they did give me an "apology" voucher of £10 - that's £2 more than I spent on the CD. ;)

So the paid me to own the CD. LOL

By the way this post isn't meant to discourage anyone (honestly!) what I'm saying is: never give up extorting Amazon. They'll pay. If you're going to cancel your order, tell them. They'll probably persuade you not to (with vouchers). It's always worked for me.

- Rob, who got a £3 voucher because his Return of the King DVD came two days late.

How reassuring. Atleast you made money out of it. :) I really LOVE this music. This is matter of life and death to me. I want that BOX!!! And preferably before hell freezes over! ;) (well dispatched on 12th of Dec would be nice).

The feeling is more than mutual Incanus :)

I'm counting on receiving it on Tues 13th - that's if Royal Mail do their job properly.

BTW, I found Barnes & Noble had sound clips yesterday and they're different to that German place. Man I can't wait the 144 hours till this lands on my desk ;)

I really LOVE this music. This is matter of life and death to me. I want that BOX!!! And preferably before hell freezes over! ;)

Stand in the corner, count to a hundred, then come back. :)

No work and all waiting for the FOTR Box makes me a freak!

Nope, it only proofs that you're still human ;)

I'm going to visit my sister over the weekend for an early Christmas gift-exchange; and all I can think about is how the heck I'll get over this bloody weekend.

So the paid me to own the CD. LOL

The score's not that bad. LOL

Abuse the system when you can. It would be nice if Amazon would send me the CDs and then pay me for them afterwards:)

There has been no news about when the TTT Box will be released. Doug has not given us any info outside that they will be released next year.

The soon as possible would be best of course. But I think we have to wait another 6 months or so.

That sounds like the email I got from FSM about a few CDs:

"They should arrive in two months or more, or possibly sooner."

How nicely vague. They had absolutely no idea where the CDs were had they? ;)

BTW, I found Barnes & Noble had sound clips yesterday and they're different to that German place.

Indeed, Nice to hear them. The ‘Bag End’ clip is Gandalf singing The Road Goes Ever On and On. We knew since Doug confirmed it long ago, but hearing it outside of the film makes me very glad that material made the release. :-D

The site screwed up the structure of the tracks a bit for the disc one listings but here is the link for those interested:

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/pro...624945420&ITM=5

BTW, I found Barnes & Noble had sound clips yesterday and they're different to that German place.

Indeed, Nice to hear them. The ‘Bag End’ clip is Gandalf singing The Road Goes Ever On and On. We knew since Doug confirmed it long ago, but hearing it outside of the film makes me very glad that material made the release. :-D

Oh I loved that Gandalf singing in the Bag End track. I knew Doug had said itwas going to be in the score but to hear it was a joy. And it fits brilliantly into the music. I could not listen to all of the clips since I am going bonkers with the waiting and any more spoilers only make the waiting worse ;)

-Incanus who is hoping his Amazon.uk order will be posted next Monday instead of January 5th as says in the delivery estimate-

If all goes well you'll get shipping confirmation tomorrow or Saturday I'd imagine (and I'd expect first class UK orders to ship on Saturday). I've not pre-ordered something from Amazon UK in a good while, but they used to ship early to ensure at least UK customers got the goods on the day of release and I'd hope this is something that has not changed.

I know people seem to want to tear them apart for bad management of Xbox orders at the moment, and their inability to update pre-orders with the new dates (or even lower price in my case - mine is still showing the £39 original listing price from when it first went up) is somewhat a concern. At the very worst they might ship it Monday or Tuesday for you I guess.

OK, after hearing those sound clips, I think I'll join the nerdy-crazy-WE-WANTS-IT! group. ;)

You have seen the light my friend :)

If all goes well you'll get shipping confirmation tomorrow or Saturday I'd imagine (and I'd expect first class UK orders to ship on Saturday). I've not pre-ordered something from Amazon UK in a good while, but they used to ship early to ensure at least UK customers got the goods on the day of release and I'd hope this is something that has not changed.

Umm, when I pre-ordered RotS (score) they dispatched it to me on the day of release here, and I got it a day later, ie on the US release.

If they did send it on Saturday to be here Monday, that would be amazing, but I have doubts, especially since my order said 'delivery estimate 29th-30th Nov' from the start.

but I have doubts, especially since my order said 'delivery estimate 29th-30th Nov' from the start.

Well they do that to play safe (list later than likely dates). As I say, it's been ages since I pre-ordered a CD with Amazon. In fact the last one I recall ordering was the Chamber of Secrets score, which DID arrive with me on the day of its release... (in fact I think they got Craig Armstrong's Piano Works album to me on time as well which is more recent.) That was a long time ago of course, and aside from the Half Blood Prince novel which was a special case where they had to ship or face the wrath of many a potter fan, you may indeed find it ships on Monday.

Play.com are packing my copy of JNH's King Kong (also out Monday). No movement on The FOTR set with them however.

I have still a bad feeling about my enigmatic delivery estimate of 5th-22nd of Jan. I have no idea why my order would be so late. But I have to wait and see.

Play.com are packing my copy of JNH's King Kong (also out Monday). No movement on The FOTR set with them however.

I've got to wait a bit over a week until I can hear King Kong (uni firewall) as I won't touch Itunes with a 50 meter pole :eek:

I'll be watching outlook intently over the weekend (which due to my timetable, has officially started :spiny: ) to see if it gets dispatched before Monday.

Still no change on the official site though :?

You know I just thought to hell with it and cancelled my Amazon and Play.com orders. I'll do the old fashioned thing and go into London on Monday as it's the best way I can ensure having it on day of release really... It's also a fine excuse to finish Christmas shopping.

God help me if it's a repeat of the situation when the Two Towers score came out mind you. I circled the entire west end looking for the ltd edition which for some strange reason didn’t come out in the UK on the same day as the standard disc (I ended up having it shipped UPS from Amazon US).

You spent all day looking for the Limited Edition?

I wouldn't pay like twice as much for some fancy leather packaging and 1 extra track (and Internet edition? Please...). I'm a fan, but Reprise didn't get me with that one.

Anyway, I can't be bothered to go into town on Monday - it'll be more expensive and I have faith that it will be delivered on Monday (I'm sure Amazon want some redemption after the xbox fiasco) And now I look back, I actually received RotS on the day after release because release date was a bank holiday :thumbup:

No not the entire day, just part of that morning. Doesn't actually take that long really to go from the top end of Oxford street down to Covent Garden and all the way back again, it’s just a bit tiring (partly due to the masses of people in central London at christmas), and it was stupidly warm for a December day in London at the time.

I'm a sucker for consistency so having owned the ltd Fellowship I would only settle for the same for Two Towers (and I am glad I did with ROTK as I much prefer the unused 'Use Well the Days' song on the DVD to Into the West). The fact the Towers disc had 'Farewell to Lorien' on it, or rather a version of it, was more than enough of course. Bowled over by that cue since first seeing the extended edition. Can’t wait to finally have the full version of it (the one on the ltd TT morphs into the Gilraen Memorial piece by the end of it).

As for it being more expensive, if HMVs in store price reflects their online one then it’ll be £32.99. It's unlikely it will mind you, but I have vouchers. :thumbup:

As for it being more expensive, if HMVs in store price reflects their online one then it’ll be £32.99. It's unlikely it will mind you, but I have vouchers. :)

It rarely does :thumbup: I've always found that actual stores will charge as much for something as possible (always beyond reason for me), if not in the offers section.

I got I, Robot on DVD a couple of months ago from Virgin for £7.99, but their site has it at £24.99 ;)