The Fellowship of the Ring COMPLETE RECORDINGS 3CD set

ST-321

HMV have now updated their information for the set to what was always the most realistic date, the 12th, so I'd imagine Amazon will correct their date again when they question why they've still not received their stock later this week (again I see no reason for them to have permission to stock it any earlier than anywhere else). Virgin Megastore still hasn’t bothered updating their listing with any new date.

*update* Amazon UK has now changed it to the 12th. So there you go.

Ah, fantastic! Track 12 has the first unused score bit I've heard until now, when the hobbits pick up the mushrooms after the "shortcut".

If it's true that Germany gets this thing on December 9th, then I might as well cancel my order at amazon UK.

Any chance that Soundtrack.net will also give us a sneak peek at this?

PS: This is ridiculous! The date constantly changes, and I don't get a single notification from Amazon!

Any chance that Soundtrack.net will also give us a sneak peek at this?

Goldwasser has said he'll probably have a "First Listen"., IIRC :mrgreen:

Love the Ring theme in that first sample...oooh...

ttbk

Track 12 has the first unused score bit I've heard until now, when the hobbits pick up the mushrooms after the "shortcut".

Not sure what you mean by unused material. That little bit, although not on the original album, is in both versions of the film isn't it?

The clip from the other site from The Mirror of Galadriel cue is a segment from a cue I’ve wanted since first seeing the Fellowship at the cinema, the cue from when Bormir talks of the white towers when they rest at Lothlorien. Nice to finally hear a bit of it outside of the film.

Is it? Umm, never really noticed it. That would be a slap in the face: I do some serious scrutinising with those scores, listen to them, analyse them, write about them, and then I don't notice a cue from Fellowship when I hear one.

Go and watch the scene (either edit of the film). I just checked the theatrical edition just to prove to myself I'm not insane as you questioning it suddenly had me questioning it for a moment there. :mrgreen: That bit of music begins right after Merry says "I think I've broken something"

Incanus, at moviemusic.com, you said you listened to the sound clips! That means you've broken your fast! Shame on you :baaa: . You were almost there!

Later!

Incanus, at moviemusic.com, you said you listened to the sound clips!  That means you've broken your fast!  Shame on you  :eek: .  You were almost there!

Later!

He already listened to his OST, just because I suggested it. :sigh:

The clip from the other site from The Mirror of Galadriel cue is a segment from a cue I’ve wanted since first seeing the Fellowship at the cinema, the cue from when Bormir talks of the white towers when they rest at Lothlorien. Nice to finally hear a bit of it outside of the film.

I may be mistaken, but wasn't this scene added for the extended edition?

Nope. Been there since the theatrical edition. I remember coming out of the cinema on opening morning wishing the cue was on the CD. :) I was thrilled when Shore brought the motif back in Return of the King (the 'Anduril' cue...etc).

Yes, it was definitely there from the very beginning, and it always gives me shivers ... "glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver ..."

Some geeky information on this scene: originally, instead of the Boromir speech, there was a flashback on Aragorn and Arwen when they first met in the woods of Lorien. A fragment of this scene can still be seen in the trailer for TTT.

Incanus, at moviemusic.com, you said you listened to the sound clips!  That means you've broken your fast!  Shame on you  ;) .  You were almost there!

Later!

He already listened to his OST, just because I suggested it. :P

Hi everybody I am back! :music: One week off was quite an ordeal. ;)

Actually Marc I have not touched the OST even now. Your suggestion was good but I resisted the temptation ;) I listened to the FOTR soundclips as everybody else here and that got me even more excited than before. Technically that is breaking my fast but could I not be forgiven since the release date changing (well the 13th of December never changed but the internet retailers botched it) drove me quite delirious ;) And I found out the Box is released here in Scandinavia on 14th of Dec, so I have to wait for one extra day compared to many of you :cry:

Yes, it was definitely there from the very beginning, and it always gives me shivers ... "glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver ..."

That scene is pure magic! That and actually quite many moments in the FOTR give me shivers. The dialogue, scenery and the music are in perfect sync. I am still amazed how brilliantly Shore captures that and many other moments in the trilogy. The music captures my own idea about how the Glory of Gondor should sound musically if you know what I mean. One of the great things about Shore's music is the fact that it corresponds to my own views about Tolkien's world. I have said this before but it bears repeating.

Actually Marc I have not touched the OST even now. Your suggestion was good but I resisted the temptation ;)

Oh good. So you're not such a pushover afterall. :P

- Marc

:music: Howard Shore - The Treason of Isengard

It's gonna be hard to convince myself that I haven't just got a bootleg

Man, how I wish I could have the same feeling with any Indy score... :roll:

30-something days til Christmas. ;)

Are you getting it for Christmas? I could not wait that long ;) I am a nervous wreck already and this waiting is really affecting my concentration. I am a über LOTR music fanatic so that is quite normal behaviour when I have waited for this Box for 4 years now :music:.

Again, same here, for Indy, except that I'm waiting for way more than 4 years.

I hope my heart will be strong enough the day I'll read the news of an upcoming Indy complete release. I really risk an heart failure or an asthma attack. But I definitely want to risk that, it's worth. ;)

Marian - who hasn't listened to any LOTR music except some bits in the ROTK features.

Same here. That means I'm going to have almost 3 hours of music to discover. ;)

OK, I'm here to annoy you again. I'll definitely buy this, since it's the definitive edition, and well-done, with a lot of music and supercool artwork.

But let me add two things:

- Is the OST worth buying too? I mean, I still se it (plus the other two) at my local store, and I'm wondering if there are tracks NOT on the Box.

I bought The Ultimate Edition for Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace BEFORE buying the OST, but I bought the OST too because of all the concert arrangement we hadn't on the UE set. So, should I have the OST too (and have some kind of ulterior disc)?

- Is there a link to some review, like the "thematic analysis" one for AotC we had in this site?

:oops: ;):P

I listened to the FOTR soundclips as everybody else here

Hey, not everyone!

Marian - who hasn't listened to any LOTR music except some bits in the ROTK features.

The csoundclips are really not that long and do not reveal something absolutely new. I almost know these scores by heart so nothing in them is absolutely new. It will be of course be a new experience to hear them outside the film in their full majesty. Listening to the clips was the one concession I made from my fast before buying the Box. I am glad you have held true and not listened to the FOTR score at all :music:

Same here. That means I'm going to have almost 3 hours of music to discover. ;)

OK, I'm here to annoy you again. I'll definitely buy this, since it's the definitive edition, and well-done, with a lot of music and supercool artwork.

But let me add two things:

- Is the OST worth buying too? I mean, I still se it (plus the other two) at my local store, and I'm wondering if there are tracks NOT on the Box.

I bought The Ultimate Edition for Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace BEFORE buying the OST, but I bought the OST too because of all the concert arrangement we hadn't on the UE set. So, should I have the OST too (and have some kind of ulterior disc)?

- Is there a link to some review, like the "thematic analysis" one for AotC we had in this site?

:oops: :P:music:

Well the FOTR OST includes many alternate cues. Sometimes the differences are small compared to the film versions but e.g. Prophecy is an alternate for the Prologue and it is complitely different. The Prophecy is not released with the Complete Recordings if I have understood correctly as it is on the OST. Most cues may have different solo instument parts, emphasis on different instruments and something in those lines. But basically they have only little differences. Those of you know better and want to extrapolate can tell what the exact differences are.

I bought my own OST before FOTR appeared in theaters back in 2001. ;)

If you are LOTR music enthusiast you should buy FOTR OST. It must be fairly cheap by now.

Do you mean SW Episode I thematic analysis or FOTR thematic analysis?

Do you mean SW Episode I thematic analysis or FOTR thematic analysis?

Yeah I wanted to provide the link, but I didn't found it (I opened a thread to).

There was a thematic review of AotC (or it was an Harry Potter score?? Can't remember), in which someone analyzed theme by theme the whole score. That was interesting to read, and I wanted to have some more informations about this score, since I'm not a Shore fan/expert.

But I'll buy this anyways, since I liked a lot the few stuff I listened, and I definitely want to hear this. And this seems the proper way to start, huh? :D

And yes, the OST are pretty cheap, so I probably check 'em too.

Well you could go to Magpie's Nest the LOTR music site where there is a thematic analysis of the album and much more relating to the LOTR music.

Go to the filmgraphy on this site and check AOTC, TPM and Hp scores. On their respective pages there should be links to the various analysis of the scores (I think).

Thanks for the link, that's interesting. Makes me like this 37.gif or this 39.gif.

I can't wait, it's even on eMule already but I'll resist. It's hard, though.

EDIT: Those where the links of the "thematic analysis" I was talking about. Link 1 and Link 2. Thanks again Icanus for the help. :D

Thanks for the link, that's interesting. Makes me like this 37.gif or this 39.gif.

I can't wait, it's even on eMule already but I'll resist. It's hard, though.

What!!?? The Complete recordings is on eMule (a programme I have not heard of)? That must be VERY hard to resist. :D

eMule is the world's most used p2p program. You can relly find a lot of stuff, althought I'v heard there's programs which are better for finding scores, thought I don't know them).

Yes, it's hard to resist. But I couldn't download it even if I wanted to, since my hard disks are full. I gotta do some DVD-R soon, thought.

Marc, did you received your Box? At middle November you said the shipping was about 14 days, which are already passed. :D

You should not twist the knife in the wound :D The jumping release date has given us all enough frustration.

11 days to go (I hope).

No need to apologize. We all have been very frustrated with the release date farce. The internet retailers are at fault there. They had wrong dates set for the Box release and that started the whole speculation and comparing of release dates here and on other MBs. I myself was involved (I can't help it, I am the fretting sort of fellow :D ) but in the end I just let it go. The Box will come out on the 14.12. here in Finland so I am content to wait (is there an option? 8O ).

That might just be the trilogy OSTs combined.

Nope.

Just for the record, these are the filenames:

- Soundtrack.-.Howard.Shore.-.The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.[special.3CDs.Box.Set].[HQ.CoverSet].rar

- Howard Shore's Fellowship Of The Ring - 3 Discs Edition - by Dwr.rar

- Howard Shore & Enya - Lord of the Rings - Fellowship-Towers-Return - 3CDs-mp3_hb.rar

The second one, when I searched, was the one with more sources. Not many sources by the way, around 15 or so, but I'm sure it'll be popular very soon.

For example, I put in queue a TV special about Eddie Guerrero (aired on Italian TV), and the file had 4 sources, then the following day it already had more than 80 sources. ;)

No, that was Goldsmith. At least in the BTTF I downloaded. :)

Also, always suspect when you read "Music composed and conducted by Metallica" on a Harry Potter-wannabe score.

Yes I invented the Goldsmith.BTTF reference. I just pt the first random composer who comes in mind (I was looking at your signature while typing...)

And yeah, Napster (and I add WinMX) used to be full of fakes.

On eMule, thanks to the comments, we can quite avoid them. I never downloaded a fake file with eMule, and I use it since October 2004.