James Newton Howard scores King Kong?

Antineutrino

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I feel so dirty having stumbled into an Alan Silvestri / James Newton Howard Forum.

It won't be the first time old Howie has been rejected. Ron Howard's movie RANSOM...score replaced in record time by Jimmy Horner.

It's a trap....all chins pull up.

Aaaahhh...there's nothing like the sheer panic after a totally unsubstanciated Internet rumour.

Untill I hear an official anmouncement (not IMDB) i'll assume that someone mistaked Howard Shore with James Newton Howard

I doubt it. Im pretty sure Howard Shore's score hasn't been rejected. Sounds like FAKE to me from that forum.

I have not found any evidence Shore's score would have been rejected. The movie site does not give any such impression. IMDB is not the most reliable source of information about upcoming movies anyway. Much ado about nothing.

JNH fanboys jump to the walls with joy over nothing. I would like to be there when they realize there is not going to be no score by him LOL .

So far JH Howard has not yet won me over, he's a talented composer, certainly, but nothing i've heard made me rush out to buy his newest CD.

The few CD's I have are pretty good though (Dinosaur, Outbreak, The Postman, Primal Fear)

Well, his output could be more consistent, quality wise, but he has produced some great scores, in the last few years, like Signs, the Village, Unbreakable, Atlantis, Treasure Planet and Peter Pan.

So far JH Howard has not yet won me over, he's a talented composer, certainly, but nothing i've heard made me rush out to buy his newest CD.

The few CD's I have are pretty good though (Dinosaur, Outbreak, The Postman, Primal Fear)

Try Village, Atlantis and Signs. Subtle and beautiful, grand and beautiful and thoughtful and intelligent.

Unbreakble has beautiful and good themes.

Untill I hear an official anmouncement (not IMDB) i'll assume that someone mistaked Howard Shore with James Newton Howard

It wasn't too long ago that I used to get them mixed up sometimes... Their collaborations with Shyamalan and Jackson have helped me distinguish them.

Jeff - looking forward to a Shorgasm on Dec 6th

I like Newton Howard, but he's not one of the first composers I'd explore further. Right now, Silvestri is probably on top of that list, as I've grown rather fond of his action writing for BttF III lately and I'd like to hear more of his.

I might add, though, that JNH's Visions is played almost every other day. :P

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Silvestri_Howar...p?showtopic=850

There was a little JWFan bashing on the second page of that thread!

Quote: "Haha. Just read the JWFan.net board. Some kind of snobbish idiots were making fun of us and look who's laughing now"

Quote: "Yes, especially the (JNH wishes to compose King Kong) Boy suffered as well! HA!"

- Looks like they got you good on this one Ray.

Tim, who actualled smiled at these though. All in good fun...

All the King's horses and all the King's men can't do anything to help KONG now. You'd feel sorry for Howard Shore. Whom I kidding? LOL