The John Williams Screen Credits Site (WIP)

thx99

THE JOHN WILLIAMS SCREEN CREDITS SITE

I invite you to visit my modest WIP site which features images of Williams' screen credits from a variety of films and TV shows. I've been collecting these for quite a while now, and while it is nowhere near complete, a good number of his projects are represented. And yes, I realize that there are a number of glaring omissions at the present time (i.e., two of the HP films), which I hope to fill in the near future.

I will continue to expand the collection as I get my hands on commercially-available DVDs/VHS and as I am able to record unreleased films from television channels such as Fox Movie Channel and TCM.

I welcome comments and recommendations, either via this board or via the "EMAIL ME" link at the bottom of the site. And while I welcome submissions from obscure films and TV shows, please do not forward any image files without contacting me first with a simple message stating that you have such-and-such.

Thanks!

An interesting take on Williams's career. Very nice formatting, also. I like it very much; it's head striaght to my favorites list. :angry:

Nice. :thumbup: I'd offer to send you pics for The Terminal, but I can only take screencaps at 640x480. Anywho, The Terminal's especially cool because it uses JW's actual signature.

And I'm glad the Reivers pic doesn't have naked little boys in it. ;)

Fantastic !

As I have named my site "Music by John Williams", I always wanted to add a section when you could find the "Music by John Williams" credits in each movie he made the soundtrack.

I will probably add a link to your site. Great job !

This is a really fantastic site Doug. My hat goes off to you. It's a simple idea but very well presented and quite fascinating too. Congrats! xyxthumbs.gif

CYPHER

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and encouragement! As a few of you have pointed out, it's a simple presentation but worth the effort of putting together IMO.

I'll advise the board as I make major updates/additions.

I see that CINDERELLA LIBERTY will be broadcast on Fox Movie Channel in early December again; I came into it late a month or so ago and missed the beginning. I was able to capture Williams' song credit from the end credits, but I'm waiting to put it up once I have all of the captures.

:(

Thanks for the additions, Marc and Neil!!

A number of these I have waiting in the wings and have yet to upload, but I will upload yours in the meantime and will certainly give you both credit on the site. I may end up replacing them with my captures (just for the sake of consistency and my control freak-ability), but I will definitely include your names in my planned "Acknowledgments" page.

Thanks again!

I have the Sleepers DVD, I will try to add the Sleepers Credits...

Thanks, David, but I already have that one up on the site! :(

SLEEPERS is an odd DVD in that it's a "flipper": half the film on one side and half on the other.

Or Even......

:(

Thanks, Greg! ;) Great shots!

Interesting that the S4 credit isn't more like the credits for S2 and S3, although I suppose that Williams did compose two(?) new themes for the film. The rest was Alexander Courage, right?

You're quite welcome. :(
SLEEPERS is an odd DVD in that it's a "flipper": half the film on one side and half on the other.

That must be an old DVD, then.

Yes! One of the early ones (1998?), but I only bought it within the last month or so from Circuit City. Obviously, they never "modernized" it.

Fantastic !

As I have named my site "Music by John Williams", I always wanted to add a section when you could find the "Music by John Williams" credits in each movie he made the soundtrack.

Funny, at first I was considering naming the site some variation of "Music by John Williams" and then I remembered your site! I obviously went in a different direction so as not to confuse the issue.

I will probably add a link to your site. Great job !

Thanks! I would be honored to receive a link on your site!

Thanks, David, but I already have that one up on the site!  :P

Sorry, I missed it :-)

No worries!!

It's pretty bland-looking, as are a number of his screen credits for Spielberg films. :?

Certainly one exception is THE TERMINAL as Kendal_Ozzel pointed out earlier.

This is such a great idea, I just wonder haw none really though of it first.

That's what I thought when I started this endeavor! How come this isn't out there already?

Keep up the great work, Doug, and I will surelly try to do my best to suply you with some more stuff over the next few days.

Thanks a bunch, Miguel! You've already sent me some very interesting images that will fill quite a few holes. I hope to have them up in the next few days.

Could it be the credits for Tom Sawyer are stretched on the VHS? That kid running down the street looks rather thin.

Tom Sawyer was a wide screen film. The VHS and DVD are only pan and scan! The only way to see it letterboxed is on laser disc.

And the DVD came out this year! Savages at MGM!

Neil

Could it be the credits for Tom Sawyer are stretched on the VHS? That kid running down the street looks rather thin.

It's highly likely that the opening credits have been vertically stretched from the original widescreen presentation. I have seen this on both TV broadcasts and on commercial VHS recordings, although it's not as common as it used to be. Now, the opening credits are commonly shown in widescreen and then suddenly flips to full screen when they're done.

Or, in the case of THE CHEYENNE SOCIAL CLUB as broadcast on Encore Westerns, the film begins in full screen, slowly zooms out to reveal a widescreen image during the opening titles, and then slowly zooms back into a full screen presentation after the titles. Very distracting!!

I'll check and see if I can confirm the original ratio for TOM SAWYER, and then adjust the images accordingly.

Tom Sawyer was a wide screen film. The VHS and DVD are only pan and scan! The only way to see it letterboxed is on laser disc.

And the DVD came out this year! Savages at MGM!

Yes, what a major disapointment!!

Do you happen to know the aspect ratio of the letterboxed laserdisc?

Do you happen to know the aspect ratio of the letterboxed laserdisc?

Well, not to answer my own question, but it appears that the film was released at 2.35:1. I presume that the laserdisc followed suit.

IMDB technical specs page for TOM SAWYER

Nice site. :pukeface:

A fellow member of Jerry Goldsmith On-Line ("Hollowman") used to make credit quizes about 2 years ago: he would post a picture from a Golsdmith credit, and let us guess what film it came from; tough and sometimes impossible.

Or Even......

:|

Thanks, Greg! :) Great shots!

Interesting that the S4 credit isn't more like the credits for S2 and S3, although I suppose that Williams did compose two(?) new themes for the film. The rest was Alexander Courage, right?

Indeed - Courage gets a "Music Adapted and Conducted by...." credit - but yes, Williams credit for the movie is quite prominent.....

A Couple of other sequels for you!

J3Title.jpg

J3JW.jpg

J4Title.jpg

J4JW.jpg

Well - someone has to!

And if you've been waiting this long, you obviously haven't read the superb "Shark Attack 3: Megalodon" thread.....

:|

Well - when one has a job that entails many hours of staying awake at night, often with little actual physical work to do, these movies can at least pass as entertainment!!

Last night was a Star Wars OT Marathon, previous night a Superman Marathon, last week I had a Die Hard Marathon and an Alien fest......this week, Monday night will see a Star Wars Prequel marathon, then I think 3 Star Trek marathons on the trot should see me through the 10 movies, and then......well.....hmmmm....

... what kind of job is that?

And where can I get it?

The downside to the job is that you have to know what to do and how to act quick if one of your murderers, rapists, paedophiles etc etc gets out......and know how to talk to them in a way which is psychologically correct......

Still sure you want the job?????

And yes - slightly naff though it may be, Jaws III is quite entertaining.....just a bit of a shame that it had the word "Jaws" in the title really....

Ah. Yes, well... Never mind.

- Marc, who hasn't seen Silence of the Lambs in a while...

Not quite at his level, fortunately....