All Good Things...

Lurker

With great power comes great responsibility.

I've got a house-size-wide hole in my memory... Where does that quote come from? I'm sure I've heard it somewhere... Is that Spiderman?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil. You've been a great moderator all these years. You have been rescued from your crucifix. Now you can be banned like the rest of us. And if you are, wear it proudly. Like a tattoo. I do not envy Marc's job, but he is a great and fair guy. So let us all rejoice.

Yub nub

Eechop Yub Nub

Atomee To Peecheekeene

Gnoop Dok Fling Oh Ah

Celebrate the LooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Yub nub

Eechop Yub Nub

Atomee To Peecheekeene

Gnoop Dok Fling Oh Ah

Celebrate the LooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Yeah baby! Whoohooo! That song ROCKS!! LOL

Now there's a reason for a 6 month ban if ever I saw one!

Now that is a ban I would wear with pride!

I just can't figure out which version I like better. The original chorus version, the "ewok improv vocal" version, or the orchestral Gerhardt version... They're all just so GOOD!

I just can't figure out which version I like better. The original chorus version, the "ewok improv vocal" version, or the orchestral Gerhardt version... They're all just so GOOD!

I know what you mean. I have the same thing. The Gerhardt version has this beautiful counter string melody near the end that is so beautiful. Did Williams arrange that?

I know what you mean. I have the same thing. The Gerhardt version has this beautiful counter string melody near the end that is so beautiful. Did Williams arrange that?

I have that counter string melody in my head often. Williams did the Gerhardt arrangements for the Empire rerecording, so maybe he did the Ewok re-arrangement too. There were no revealing liner notes. Perhaps that should be the next question for Williams.

It might be worse then the song from Guide For The Married Man.

Really since i dont understand half the lyrics in the Williams 60s songs i find them rather catchy.

But yes, i wouldnt want to be caught hearing them :)

I can find beauty in the film version, but have grown tired of the silly OST version.

The LaptiNek Album version was overkill as well. In the film both songs sound more like alien source music.

Is that Spiderman?

Yes; it is a quote from the film, spoken by Peter's uncle, I believe. Also, Spider-Man has a hyphen, as written at left (although capitalization is unable to be determined due to the all-caps style of print on both the movie poster and the comics).

Or, from a different point of view, Ganfalf said "all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you".

And Dumbledore said, "Three turns should do it, Miss Granger."

~Sturgis

The Gerhardt version is fantastic.

Marian - :|

Gerhardt is fantastic.

Marian - :|

I agree Marian.

I agree with Marian and Stefancos.

Anyone else for any more agreements? (looks around room)

I agree with Stefancos and Melange and myself.

Marian - :P

Sorry for not posting sooner, but, as usual, I forgot to check the Announcment section until 3:15 AM, on my way to bed.

Congrats, Marc! You always struck me as one of the most well rounded posters here, as well as the least controversial of the heavy posters. I've always enjoyed your posts, and I hope we'll have a blast commiserating together even from your high horse!

Kudos to Neil for the top notch job. It was great to know that there was an anchor keeping this board alive and thriving (yeah, I know, I'm mixing and matching cliches, but I'm not gonna change this late in the game), and IMO you did a fantastic.

Now there's a reason for a 6 month ban if ever I saw one!

Now that is a ban I would wear with pride!

bowdown

Oh, and Sturgis, I didn't know that "damn" was a forbidden word...you know, you see it quite frequently round here, I don't think it's that bad...

By the way, I was referring to Stefan, who does double posts in pretty much every thread. That's annoying to read. I used to did that, then I stopped.

I'm glad that Marc added this kind of rule. We have a "Edit Button", it works, we use it. It's damn simple. :P

Also, I agree with Adam. Since we have a lot of Americans and Europeans members, we should have at leat two moderators. One European (Marc) and one American. The American should be Ray Barnsbury. That way, the board (almost) always have a moderator online.

Think about it, Marc. :|

Also, I agree with Adam. Since we have a lot of Americans and Europeans members, we should have at leat two moderators. One European (Marc) and one American. The American should be Ray Barnsbury. That way, the board (almost) always have a moderator online.

Think about it, Marc. bowdown

Or we can trust that the Membership is mature enough to allow our current Moderator his sleep and possibly have a life outside this Forum.

Think about it, Mirko.

Think about it, Marc. bowdown

Or we can trust that the Membership is mature enough to allow our current Moderator his sleep and possibly have a life outside this Forum.

Think about it, Mirko.

First, I didn't accuse anybody of being immature (which you just did...).

Second, it's basically what Adam said. Almost every board has more than one moderator. It wouldn't be a bad idea, since as I said we have a lot of Americans and Europeans.

That way, while Marc is sleeping/studying/have his social life, the board can continue to have a moderator, who save some job for Marc, and viceversa.

That way, while Marc is sleeping/studying/have his social life, the board can continue to have a moderator, who save some job for Marc, and viceversa.

No,Marc,or the dude with the weird Avatar I haven't figured out yet(not the x-mas JW one),is thereby condemned to read all the JWfan posts every single day for the next few years,or untill he goes nuts,including all the boring ones in the OT board.

K.M.

No,Marc,or the dude with the weird Avatar I haven't figured out yet(not the x-mas JW one),is thereby condemned to read all the JWfan posts every single day for the next few years,or untill he goes nuts,including all the boring ones in the OT board.

So, since it's boring to read ALL the posts, if there are two members instead of one, it's better for both moderators. One help each other like good ol' bros. bowdown

Neil,

Just catching up on posts, and just got to this one! I am surprised to see you hand over the reigns, but I understand why you do what you do! I just wanted to say, that it's been a good run with you and thanks for all the work you did here.

Marc,

Congrats man!

John - trying to get back involved here.

Hey, I finally showed up to weigh in on this. Like anybody cares.

As long as Neil doesn't leave, I'm ok with this. I was never banned by Neil, but Ricard did once. I'm sorry I never had the pleasure.

Good luck Marc. You're gonna need it. Have you banned anyone yet?

Yes you are.

Ignore the rude mediteranian gentleman please, Marc.

I concur.

Why? Do you also have problems with me? :?

I was never banned by Neil, but Ricard did once.  I'm sorry I never had the pleasure.

Same here. ;)

Good luck Marc.  You're gonna need it.  Have you banned anyone yet?

I don't think so. It's way too early to ban people. :P

Mirko - who doesn't have any problems with Max.

I'm doing fine, thank you.

I liked that other avatar better.

Marian - who probably should have mentioned that in time. ;)

It was starting to freak me out actually. I mean, look at it. :)

jwav15.jpg

*shudders*