The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I'd be more sold on my (joking) 300 idea, but I don't think that score needs 2 discs and I also don't think that OST could be "greatly" expanded.

What about Master and Commander?  I don't know much about that score.  I liked the movie, but haven't seen it in over a decade.

This will be really annoying for a few days. If it's songs, why's he mentioning them? If it's score cues.... why?

I can only think of a soloist not giving permission or wanting too much money. Kingdom of Heaven does have some soloists (including Lisbeth Scott) on a bunch of cues.

Come to think of it, Lisbeth Scott did 'Where' on Narnia, and is featured in Evacuating London. (ironically, one score cue where I think the vocal is uneeded)

Both Troy and Kingdom of Heaven seem more like LLL kind of territory anyway (WB, Sony etc). Disney seems to be at least partially involved in Narnia so it makes sense.

Karol

And Alexander doesn't seem likely to me. Vangelis probably has veto power on what can be released and he doesn't seem to be very fond of expanded editions of his scores

Also:  Do we revolt against Intrada if they want us to get excited about a Confederacy-glorifying Civil War film with a score from freaking John Frizzell and Randy Edelman (Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum)

On 9/28/2017 at 6:00 PM, BloodBoal said:

The question is: do we consider 2003 to be mid-00s?

There are ten years in a decade, so if you say early, mid, and late '00s, that's three years per era, plus theoretically one year of wiggle room.  So the mid-'00s run from either '03-'06 or '04-'06, I'd say.

In other words ... sort of.

6 hours ago, publicist said:

'Kingdom of Heaven' would be the most deserving of an 'epic' expansion. 'Narnia' was lame temp-track galore or so i remember.

Absolutely! One of Gregson-Williams' best.

From a new press release:

Both releases probably qualify as “epics”, not only because they are set in spectacular periods of history but also because of the sheer volume of powerful music each release contains. Both composers represented have Academy Awards, too. 

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f

Well, it's not Narnia!  Gregson-Williams has no Oscar.  Guess it's Troy after all?

If it is Troy then not having Josh Groban there would have been a godsend actually. Horner should be prosecuted and put away for this crime against humanity.

Karol

Troy: the whole score stinks, conceptually. To have the danger motif again front and center (and that lame-ass love theme reminiscing 'Stargate')  just wrecks it. There's one really good cue ('The Trojan's Attack'), the rest, alas...if anything connected to that movie, the Yared, please!

19 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Perhaps the licencing issues are related to Prokofiev and RVW?

Was it not Shostakovich who should be most upset?

Karol

1 minute ago, crocodile said:

Was it not Shostakovich who should be most upset?

I forget what's in it. Never bought the CD. The one that really annoyed me when I saw the film was the Battle on the Ice clone for the scene that was also cloned from Nevsky.

47 minutes ago, publicist said:

Boys, he fucking repurposed the fucking WAR REQUIEM as triumphant fanfare for Troy. That was a true criminal act of misappropriation.

I can tell you this: It is indeed the Britten quoted "Troy" cue that is left off of this album for licensing reasons.

As for what you said, well....Cry me a river...Are people always this bitter? And why be bitter anyway? Unless someone literally pisses in your corn flakes, what is with all the hostility?  Horner was always clear about this - when he quotes someone he's deliberately NOT hiding it, he's making it as obvious as he can and building his music around the quotes. Why this still plugs butts around here  and elsewhere is just plain sad.  I mean come on, of all the things people complain about...I've never once in my life understood the bitterness because to me it's right up there with people butthurt over superhero casting choices. 

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

I do.

Ideally, we could have both in one massive set. But that won't happen.

Karol

Well Horner was the only reason Wolfen wasn’t a double CD set, so with him gone it might be possible. 

9 minutes ago, NL197 said:

I can tell you this: It is indeed the Britten quoted "Troy" cue that is left off of this album for licensing reasons.

As for what you said, well....Cry me a river...Are people always this bitter? And why be bitter anyway? Unless someone literally pisses in your corn flakes, what is with all the hostility?  Horner was always clear about this - when he quotes someone he's deliberately NOT hiding it, he's making it as obvious as he can and building his music around the quotes. Why this still plugs butts around here  and elsewhere is just plain sad.  I mean come on, of all the things people complain about...I've never once in my life understood the bitterness because to me it's right up there with people butthurt over superhero casting choices. 

Do you even have any idea what Britten's War Requiem is or represents? (Your honour, on further thought I withdraw the question)...

It can't and shouldn't be removed. It's just an awfully careless, even crass steal, considering Horner knew exactly what he was stealing from. He already did in 'Cocoon' and 'Star Trek II' but that was a comparably minor passage but this is a major part devoted to the mourning and the remembrance of all the martyrs from the last two WW's.  Repurposing it as just another triumphant fanfare (for the city of Troy) may not be a war crime but it reeks of intellectual arrogance on Horner's part (the idiots watching this picture will not notice anyway).