Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Catching up on a bunch of stuff I hadn't bought yet:

Ordered direct from La-la Land

32299.jpg 33326.jpg 38196.jpg 44165171_350_350.jpg

Child's Play is autrographed; I couldn't believe they had some left!

Ordered direct from Intrada;

31892.jpg 36867.gif 19707.gif 32286.jpg R-4999020-1393864358-4002.jpeg.jpg 37849.jpg 37729.jpg 

Sadly APOLLO 13 is temporarily out of stock, so I couldn't order it :(

Ordered from Screen Archives:

35424.jpg 37210.jpg 36118.jpg

Screen Archives is one of the few places that carries Sunrise, and Alien 3 is Out of Stock at LLL so that's why I didn't order that from there.

Ordered from Movie Music:

cover_the_russia_house.jpg 19709.gif 29472.jpg

I missed Russia House when Quartet expanded it, and randomly MM had a copy so I snagged it and added 2 Kraemers I didn't have for cheap since MM offers $1 shipping to the US if your order contains at least 3 CDs.

Phew!

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Star Tracks II! Adore that album. Kunzel's SpaceCamp wipes the floor with the OST rendition - such energy and gusto!

Agreed! I wish that the OST had such vibrant sound.

Star Tracks II was one of my first CDs. There’s a new CD out from the Cincinnati Pops that features TFA End credits and the concert suites from Rogue One. 

https://www.hdtracks.com/voyage-827410

On 7/10/2019 at 12:05 PM, Jay said:

Sadly APOLLO 13 is temporarily out of stock, so I couldn't order it :(

Nice haul Jason!

Yeah I’m behind on a few of Intrada’s releases, Apollo13 and Peter Proud, which is also out stock temporarily.

Luckily I picked up Peter Proud late last year, I couldn't believe I missed Apollo 13.  I hope it doesn't take years to come back into stock like Rocketeer is taking

And Who Framed Roger Rabbit :(

4 hours ago, El Jefe said:

Star Tracks II was one of my first CDs. There’s a new CD out from the Cincinnati Pops that features TFA End credits and the concert suites from Rogue One. 

https://www.hdtracks.com/voyage-827410

Thanks for the heads up. Sadly it ain't Star Tracks III, but I'll take what I can get at this stage.

Giacchino's Voyage? Did I miss this?

From the Earth to the Moon seems an odd omission for this set. Along with Apollo 13 and The Right Stuff - I mean they aren't directly related to the Moon landings, but are certainly more relevant than Holst and Buck Rogers :)

On 7/12/2019 at 9:27 PM, Incanus said:

71mGQiSy2RL._SX522_.jpg

Any comments on this? I only have the Belshazzar disc so far, but I found that disappointingly flat the few (two?) times I've listened to it. But perhaps I just wasn't in the right mood or not paying enough attention.

3 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Any comments on this? I only have the Belshazzar disc so far, but I found that disappointingly flat the few (two?) times I've listened to it. But perhaps I just wasn't in the right mood or not paying enough attention.

I'll have to get back to you on that as I bought the set on my holiday trip and do not have decent audio equipment to play it here.

On 7/16/2019 at 6:35 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm not. MV promised to send replacements for a few unplayable discs, but it never happened, and now he doesn't answer my emails.

Which discs?

Well that is sucky! How did they get scratched? Usually it's the DVDs that jump around in the case when they become dislodged. CDs generally don't have much room to slide around in the case, even when the nibs break off.

Wow really poor show. Usually LLL is on the ball with service. MV sent me a replacement disc 2 of ST: TMP because it wouldn't rip properly, even though I purchased from SAE. No questions asked.

Perhaps you should post in the FSM "Questions for MV" thread.

Thanks for the tip. I received another order with a scratched disc (disc 7 of the HP box), and will try to contact them about that. If they reply this time, I'll remind them about the other damaged discs.

If that doesn't work, I guess FSM is my best option.