Temp track for Fawkes the Phoenix

Ricardo Mortimer

Who says there was a temp track?

It's the only truly good track in that score, IMO, firmly molded in Williams' beautiful religious sound (or 'pastoral sound', alternatively).

7 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

This. When even the final film is basically temp-tracked with PS then it is a fair bet that the workprint was too.

I bet every single HP movie was temp tracked with PS at one point!

I remember a test screening report from Deathly Hallows: Part 1 mentioning they recognized Dark Knight in there.

Didnt Conrad Pope mention 28 Days Later or something in the last one?

27 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I think the finale was. And then they realized that nothing Desplat could write would top that so they used it verbatim. 

Of course Desplat could have, they felt sentimental and wanted to look back so they took that piece. Perfectly understandable decision.

Wanted to give some joke answer, but gave some thought to the possibility that Christmas Star from Home Alone 2 would be a place Williams looked back to, though on the whole I don't think the theme itself would've started from any kind of temp track. 

10 hours ago, Arpy said:

Wanted to give some joke answer, but gave some thought to the possibility that Christmas Star from Home Alone 2 would be a place Williams looked back to, though on the whole I don't think the theme itself would've started from any kind of temp track. 

Fawkes could fit so easily into Home Alone it's not even a joke. You can almost see a mother tearfully hugging her child in a momentous reunion when you listen to that theme.