Lost

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I still don't get.  Why was Ecko in Australia?

It was explained in ? (2x21). I suggest you watch it again.

Oops, I forgot about that. Anyways, these two new characters really aren't that good and honestly feel a little forced.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't like how they summarize the events. "Locke and Ecko are going here so that..." when we already know what they're doing. It just makes it seem like they're friends with Locke and Sayid and them when clearly they are not.

I am also mad/sad about Eko. He was one of my favorite characters and now that he's gone, all of the "new survivors" who were introduced in season two are gone. I think that they should have axed one of the original survivors, because there would have been more emotional weight to their deaths and frankly, because they've been fleshed out more.

Rabbit--who doesn't do blank posts

Rose's husband is still alive, so there is one left.

Communist!

I loved this week's episode. One has to love those "let's feed the freaks with ambigous facts so that they can theorize a little bit more forever". My roommate went on for hours with predictions and possible explanations for what he had seen - isn't that what Lost is all about?

There seems to be a power struggle or something odd between Henry & Juliet from The Others. I don't trust her

I don't even trust the power struggle. There might be a power struggle and either or both of them are not to be trusted. Or perhaps the whole struggle is just a trap. I guess with a 3 month break (argh) coming up' date=' there's a chance we might find out at least parts of that next week.[/color']

Marian - about to watch the first episode of Alias.

don't even trust the power struggle. There might be a power struggle and either or both of them are not to be trusted. Or perhaps the whole struggle is just a trap.

I was thinking about that' date=' too, as Juliet was showing Jack the video. But then it all just got too confusing for me, really, so for now, I'm just going to go with the power struggle thing. And remember, there seemed to have been some tension between them before the plane crashed, as we saw in the opening of [i']A Tale of Two Cities.

In my opinion, Juliet is the leader of The Others. She is manipulative and stays in the shadows, which allows Ben (Henry) to look like the leader. I also think that she is evil and that Ben is, in reality, the good guy. 'Course, its impossible to know for sure, but there has been some evidence to support this.

I think she will turn out to be evil and that Ben will be the good guy, but you never know where this show is going to go.

Both of them could be playing Jack. Sawyer thinks she would have killed Kate without any hesitation if he hadn't surrendered.

I didn't start reading this thread until I caught up to the US schedule, but yes, the latest episode is always a bit dangerous when it comes to spoilers. Some of us don't get it on TV and have to get it from different sources, which may take a few days. 8O

Anyway the show is losing steam somehow. It's still pretty solid, but suffers from decreasing credibility. When someone asks some pivotal question there's "it's not yet in this season, stupid" type of answer. It's becoming tiresome. And one more thing... Is it just me or the pacing is way too slow?

Karol, who loves LOST because of the characters, not storyline.

Let's see, they've been on the island for 60+ days and it's taken 2-1/4 TV seasons to get that far.

According to the promos, episode 5 of season 3 is day 72 on the island.

You're absolutely right, crocodile. It can get tiresome when Ben Linus and pretty much all of the Others just reply to questions with a rhethorical question, or the predict facts without explaining how do they know, or what exactly do they mean by it. It's one thing to only know what the main characters know... it's a very different thing to hide all the information that builds the plot, just to make entire episodes which are basically teasers for upcoming "more official" ones. I watch the show for the characters and because I love the intelligent teasing game the writers have with the viewers. It just can get dumb.

-Ross, who predictably hates fillers (like most of the first half of Season 2). And particularly hates the episode "S.O.S." It's like Damon Lindelof wanted to see how lazy they could get with people still watching.

My favourite filler episode is "Everybody Hates Hugo".

Anyway it's actually a good thing that this is a character driven show. It's rare enough and very wise, because, let's face it, there isn't a satysfying conclusion to the whole thing. I hope that they could make at least a good anti-climax a'la Watchmen comic book, which is a near certain source of inspiration. From a multi-layered narrative to character driven episodes. There's even similar grand scheme.

Karol, who agrees with Lost creators on the high quality of Watchmen.

Anyway the show is losing steam somehow. It's still pretty solid, but suffers from decreasing credibility. When someone asks some pivotal question there's "it's not yet in this season, stupid" type of answer. It's becoming tiresome. And one more thing... Is it just me or the pacing is way too slow?

Karol, who loves LOST because of the characters, not storyline.

Well it'll probably pick up steam next episode which is the last one before the break (and for those who haven't heard *highlight* Nathan Fillion !!1!111!

Anyway the show is losing steam somehow. It's still pretty solid' date=' but suffers from decreasing credibility. When someone asks some pivotal question there's "it's not yet in this season, stupid" type of answer. It's becoming tiresome. And one more thing... Is it just me or the pacing is way too slow?

Karol, who loves LOST because of the characters, not storyline.[/quote']

Well it'll probably pick up steam next episode which is the last one before the break (and for those who haven't heard *highlight* .

Nathan Fillon is supposed to star as Kate's husband, which I don't see the time fram for her to have one.

I'm betting they have something good up their sleeves before the break. I don't really think the show is losing steam. Each season the focus shifts. And they're not "piling mystery upon mystery" up. This season to date, the only new mystery I can think of is "Why are they holding Jack, Sawyer, and Kate hostage" and maybe "What's up with Desmond?"

They're also bringing in some elements of season 1 back, and looks like they'll be bringing back some elements of season 2. I like how they don't mention something for an entire season and then bring it back, it keeps things interesting and shows that not everything follows in a neat and tidy way. I'm so glad they don't do the cliched "present a mystery and solve it by the end of the episode" style.

Considering the fact that we're almost 1/4 through the season... (highlight) nothing important really happened yet. Jack is sitting in his cell, Sawyer and Kate are sitting in the cages, we don't know anything about The Other's goals, Locke & the rest didn't do anything worthwhile, Eco's death brings nothing new to solve the mystery (other than the fact that the monster has a some sort of selection of the people that it wants to kill based on their attitude, but it isn't really anything new) and the new characters are stilll bland. There to many stories at once and because of that the show is slowing down. might not as schocking as they (the creators) think. We are used to it now.

The thing

Karol, who thinks that the blank posts are fun :pukeface:

I disagree,Season 2 had even slower periods.So they found the tail section with extra passengers.What was the point of that,since more characters can be intoduced from the main group and all the tail people are gone by now.

K.M.

I disagree,Season 2 had even slower periods.So they found the tail section with extra passengers.What was the point of that,since more characters can be intoduced from the main group and all the tail people are gone by now.

K.M.

I agree on the tail section story. It wasn't as relevant as I thought, in the end. Pity. They had at least three interesting characters to expand. But the second season had a greater veriety, I think. The first 5 episodes of the third season seem like a one long one. I can't tell what happened in each episode. And I remember every single episode from previous seasons.

Karol

Can anyone give me a breakdown of the last episode of Lost. We checked out Tivo thingy and for some reason it didn't record it!!! We'll pretty stuck on Wednesday if we don't know what happened last week! Please send me a pm or something. I'll be very grateful.

Wrong. Bernard is still around.

Bu yes, the Tail Section bit did seem kind of pointless, though Eko is an awesome character.