Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad that I will probably not receive my Batman CD before I fly home for Christmas. But I am still waiting for Merlin and Golden Compass, so there's something to look forward to...

Batman: The Animated Series - Walker

How to Steal a Million/ Bachelor Flat - Williams

Bride of Frankenstein - Waxman

West Side Story (Original Cast Recording) - Leonard Bernstein

Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis - Vaughn Williams (Leonard Slatkin conducts)

I'm probably dumb for ordering my Batman: TAS from MovieMusic without loading anything onto my order, to get the $1 shipping. So now I've found two more albums I'd like to buy, but will wait until the middle of the month to see if I want the other impending releases and stack my order.

Are Bernstein's "Heavy Metal" or the "Miklos Rozsa: Centenary Celebration" worth it? I think I may get the Heavy Metal sight unseen, so to speak, since I lament not having other 80s Bernstein so skipping that one seems silly.

Wojo,

A tip next time if you want to purchase more CD's from Peter after buying just one contact Peter and ask him if he can combine your orders and see if you still qualify for the free shipping.

Edit: If he hasn't charged your card yet it may still not be too late to do so.

Good to know, buddy. I'm sure my credit card hasn't been charged yet, but I think those two albums will still be available in two weeks so I may tack them onto an order then. I really need to slow down my binge buying habits anyways as

Christmas

approaches, and start thinking about buying gifts for the other people in my life. And the ~$1200 computer I want to build. Oh, and I just found out yesterday that The Killers came out with a new album last week and that it's pretty good. Buy buy buy.

Heavy Metal is well worth the purchase, in fact there is quite a bit of Bernstein's music that was left out of the film that is on this album.

Finally got some money allocated to place an order...ordered How to Steal a Million, The Killer Elite (not sold out yet at SAE), The Matrix: Deluxe Edition, Synechdoce New York, and, at long last, the Indiana Jones Collection.

Now my SAE wish list only comes up to $322.15. Huzza!

Finally got some money allocated to place an order...ordered How to Steal a Million, The Killer Elite (not sold out yet at SAE), The Matrix: Deluxe Edition, Synechdoce New York, and, at long last, the Indiana Jones Collection.

All of that was $322? How To Steal and The Matrix are like $25. Synecdoche is probably like $15. Indy around $50. How much is The Killer Elite??

Managed to win the limited edition of "Godzilla" at ebay for a reasonable price (and I hope I don't end up with a bootleg :spiny: ) Looking forward to listening to it...It's largely new to me (since I usually can't bear to sit through the movie; it's soooo bad...)

Every Christmas mine goes down some more. :)

Mine went down mainly because I convinced myself that I had money after I got my paycheck, even though I was in overdraft and my credit card bill has yet to come off. I'm hopeless with finances. :lol:

Aww crap...apparently SAE didn't have The Two Towers in stock or weren't able to get any copies of it so they had to cancel the order. I think I might have found one place online that has it...if they still do first of January I'm buying it in a heart beat.

Good to know, buddy. I'm sure my credit card hasn't been charged yet, but I think those two albums will still be available in two weeks so I may tack them onto an order then. I really need to slow down my binge buying habits anyways as

Christmas

approaches, and start thinking about buying gifts for the other people in my life. And the ~$1200 computer I want to build. Oh, and I just found out yesterday that The Killers came out with a new album last week and that it's pretty good. Buy buy buy.

So what's up with these Killers anyways? My wife is going all the way to New York City to see them in Madison Square Garden in January. Will they fill that venue (the Garden)? Man, I can't tell you one single song they've written.

Tell that to the 87 people at eBay who have driven the price of the only one available (at the moment) up to $87. Yikes.

Peh... that's nothing. A guy on Amazon UK is asking £150 ($220) for it! I could buy 6 Indy boxes with that sort of money.

And well done joey225 for whatever 'Ear of the Month' is :)

Yup.

In the FSM e-magazine they have the "Ear of the Month" contest, the idea is that they give you 3 clips from 3 different scores and you have to correctly guess the composer and the score (or even concert piece by the composer). If you are one of the first 3 people to guess correctly then you get a free FSM CD of your choice.

I just received Jerry Goldsmith's King Solomon's Mines and The Boys From Brazil. I haven't really taken to Goldsmith's later works, but these symphonic scores are outstanding! King Solomon's Mines is rollicking fun. I'm going to get The Wind and the Lion next, perhaps alongside Alien. What do you guys think?

I just received Jerry Goldsmith's King Solomon's Mines and The Boys From Brazil. I haven't really taken to Goldsmith's later works, but these symphonic scores are outstanding! King Solomon's Mines is rollicking fun. I'm going to get The Wind and the Lion next, perhaps alongside Alien. What do you guys think?

All of those scores are worthy purchases.

All of those scores are worthy purchases.

Yep.

Have you listened to the complete scores for Star Trek The Motion Picture, First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis?

If not I suggest you do it, they're great scores.