I e-mailed with a guy from weta who basically said that the only way for us mortals to attend the premieres is to win contests.

That's what I thought

I dunno, just seems like a strange poster design to release now.

Those are the posters for the midnight IMAX showings. Anyone going to those will get one of those four. Similar to the Dark Knight Rises and Skyfall posters.

The local cinemas are advertising the film with a length of 170 minutes. Is that confirmed?

Can't wait for that last bit. wink.png

Karol

"He's handy in a tight spot this lad, despite the fact he's dead."

I'm afraid I don't know. I think there were some media as well.

And here is a new pic with Saruman. This is for Michael, since he seems to be all over Lee (Hehehe...)

Hobbit92.jpg

Awesome! And yes, I really like Sir Lee's acting skills, especially his amazing presence and his almighty voice. He's awesome!

The last of a once noble line of old-school actors.

also, those shades elijah is wearing... awesome. want!

First, the wedges, now this? Which new soundtrack release are you going to sacrifice to get these?

didn't I buy hook instead of the wedges? why yes I did.

but thanks for reminding me. oh the poor wedges... :crymore:

BREAKING NEWS: NY Daily News says Radagast's buffoonery at times descends into Jar Jar Binks territory.

http://www.nydailyne...ksEnabled=false

great....

As long as he doesn't step into bunny poo ...

As if that was the worse thing jar jar did...

BREAKING NEWS: NY Daily News says Radagast's buffoonery at times descends into Jar Jar Binks territory.

great....

Somehow this all doesn't come as a surprise anymore, more of a confirmation of what could be seen in the images we have been getting through the year. But I am going to be optimistic about the rest of the film. :)

The premiere looked wonderful and the crowds were again massive. I love how these films become a sort of national affair in NZ. A lot of Gandalf's hats in the crowd as well. Good to see our old Grey Wizard is getting so much love even though Mckellen was not present.

great....

Somehow this all doesn't come as a surprise anymore, more of a confirmation of what could be seen in the images we have been getting through the year.

To be perfectly honest, I highly doubt Radagast will be as annoying as Jar-Jar. That would be quite an achievement if he was.

I'm sure the character will have some serious moments to offer.

If McCoy's appearance and interview in the premiere is anything to go by and he'll apply that natural eccentricity to his role, he'll hit the stratosphere with this character, and this is not said as a compliment.

Well I agree that his level of eccentricity worries me a bit. But like BloodBoal, I seriously doubt he'll go into JarJar territory. It looks like despite his wackiness, he'll present moments of "insight" and "wisdom".

i dont know. Animals that hop and jump dont make comfortable rides... :P

BTW Radagast is an animal slaver.

He is no worse than Sauron or Saruman.

I mean, why not ride a bigger animal, one that having a human on its back is not an effort to and ride it bareback, so reins, saddles and stirups, spurs are not needed since the animal wants you to ride it on free will.

But this, reining small lagomorphs to pull a big sled and grown man on a heavy friction terrain... it's sick...

BTW Radagast is an animal slaver...

This is what irked me so much about the Bunnies of Doom. For someone who loves animals so much, why on earth is he forcing a bunch of bunnies to pull his sled?