So, it seems the recording has started? I cannot tell:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/9119932/Town-Hall-off-limits-for-Hobbit-scoring

there are a few more articles that are like this.

However I won't believe the sessions have started till Doug's blog announces it.

Holm battled cancer, has lost weight and is obviously a lot more frail these days. Cut him some slack.

It wasn't meant to critizise Holm, I was critizising the film makers for putting him in such a expositioned role when it was unwise to do so.

IMO, the scene before the prologue would have been enough.

It could be they were intending on setting up the "auction" scene in TABA with that scene (the talk about the sacvile-bagginses etc.)

I think it will also prove important for the close of this trilogy. I know nothing, but I have a suspicion that old Bilbo is meant to bookend these films, and to finish on a scene we've already scene (though presented somewhat differently) would work well I think.

Not ignorant of the success of shows like Storage Wars, Peter Jackson has decided that the majority of the third film will focus on the auction of Bilbo's estate, and ensuing drama. Howard Shore will adapt the Storage Wars theme, and really make it his own.

Yeah! Let's all party like it's the year 1999 of the Third Age!!!

(which is incidentally when Thráin I, King of Durin's folk, founds the Kingdom of Erebor at the Lonely Mountain)

Holm battled cancer, has lost weight and is obviously a lot more frail these days. Cut him some slack.

It wasn't meant to critizise Holm, I was critizising the film makers for putting him in such a expositioned role when it was unwise to do so.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing a forty five year old Frodo and possibly Legolas make an appearance in Jackson's eventual Silmarillion saga. Elijah Wood will narrate it from Bag End, naturally. They're still working out where to put Orlando Bloom.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing a forty five year old Frodo and possibly Legolas make an appearance in Jackson's eventual Silmarillion saga. Elijah Wood will narrate it from Bag End, naturally. They're still working out where to put Orlando Bloom.

He'll make a cameo by surfing on a shield in the background after Turin has slain Glaurung. And gracefully making his way down Nen Girith ravine to disappear out of sight with a glinting smile to the camera.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but I would genuinely love for the whole rights situation to resolve so we could have a Silmarillion television series. I think Game of Thrones has shown that you can present something of such large scope very successfully in that format.

The musical possibilities alone are mouth watering.

Silmarillion the Musical. I can dig it.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but I would genuinely love for the whole rights situation to resolve so we could have a Silmarillion television series. I think Game of Thrones has shown that you can present something of such large scope very successfully in that format.

Yeah but a lot of people only watch Game of Thrones because of boobies. Can't see that happening in a Tolkien related project.

The difference between GOT and The Sil is that GOT is all about plotting. It has a very dense plot structure. The Silmarillion is much loser in that regard.

Also the sheer number of characters that are in the Sil, but aren't developed much in any way is an issue.

The difference between GOT and The Sil is that GOT is all about plotting. It has a very dense plot structure. The Silmarillion is much loser in that regard.

Also the sheer number of characters that are in the Sil, but aren't developed much in any way is an issue.

Yes. I just can't see a TV show or movie ever being made of The Sil, as much as I'd like one.

It wasn't meant to critizise Holm, I was critizising the film makers for putting him in such a expositioned role when it was unwise to do so.IMO, the scene before the prologue would have been enough.

He'll make a cameo by surfing on a shield in the background after Turin has slain Glaurung. And gracefully making his way down Nen Girith ravine to disappear out of sight with a glinting smile to the camera.

Legolas will kill Morgoth with a well placed arrow, and Beren and Luthien will live happily ever after, "for dramatic purposes".

It wasn't meant to critizise Holm, I was critizising the film makers for putting him in such a expositioned role when it was unwise to do so.IMO, the scene before the prologue would have been enough.

Legolas will kill Morgoth with a well placed arrow, and Beren and Luthien will live happily ever after, "for dramatic purposes".

I think they should do a 15 minute long montage of Legolas taking out every bad guy in Middle Earth's history with a well placed arrow and then everybody living happily ever after. Because he is just that awesome.

Wouldn't it be fun if he kills Smaug? You know, making Bard a really pointless character in the next Hobbit movies. I'd love that, just to see the internet go crazy.

I can just see the scene where Bard is just about to let his arrow fly to slay Smaug when Legolas slides on a shield from around a corner of a burning house and BAM shoots the dragon out of the sky with Bard grinding his teeth at the kill stealer. :lol:

Wouldn't it be fun if he kills Smaug? You know, making Bard a really pointless character in the next Hobbit movies. I'd love that, just to see the internet go crazy.

I can just see the scene where Bard is just about to let his arrow fly to slay Smaug when Legolas slides on a shield from around a corner of a burning house and BAM shoots the dragon out of the sky with Bard grinding his teeth at the kill stealer. :lol:

"That still only counts as one!"

They should just have Legolas sliding on a shield for the entire movie. Screw walking. It's boring! Shieldsurfing, that's what audiences want!

Only thing better would be Legolas astride his not often talked about giant pet Mûmakil called Egbert stomping through the film.

They should just have Legolas sliding on a shield for the entire movie. Screw walking. It's boring! Shieldsurfing, that's what audiences want!

Only thing better would be Legolas astride his not often talked about giant pet Mûmakil called Egbert stomping through the film.

They've shot that already.

egbert.jpg

God, it looks so... green.

Forest camouflage. Why do you think it is not widely known in the annals of Middle Earth. Egbert, the green oliphaunt. Excellent green colour to mask it in Mirkwood.

Awkward, too. Looks like ole Leggy loves his Egbert a little too much.

post-22829-Evangeline-Lilly-Orlando-Bloo

LOL! This looks so ridiculous! Can't wait to that scene in the film!

Evangeline is thinking "F*#k I look such an ass and all this film crew is watching".

shouldnt they be using bluescreen (instead of green)..because both characters are wearing green clothes?

That's why r2-d2 blue parts looked black in the x-wing scenes...

well i suppose the technology must have evolved a little :P